• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Get real. If someone in the street ran up to you and shouted "f*** off" at you while making wanker signs I bet you'd call the police.

I'd bet that's the case for alot of people trotting out the "he plays in the stripes so he's alright" line.

Not if I'd been in a gang of a few thousand shouting abuse at him for the previous 90 minutes - or were we all sitting there respectfully applauding fine sportsmanship with never a derogatory comment made?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Glen Murray never celebrated when he scored upon his return. I thought he had every right to though but he showed his class that day. Hammond went out of way and ran half the length of the south stand at Withdean cupping his ear and smirking at us. No class.

Just a little history lesson for the many new fans who don't remember us at Withdean.
Of course I won't boo but really could have done without this signing IMO.

I suspect that you were one of the fans that were winding him up. I presume you have never reacted to provocation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh dear. Are you really that bothered, YEARS later, about his silly celebration?
I am quite bothered, yes. I don't ever remember another Brighton player behaving like that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thankfully I missed that southampton game so on that basis alone no.

In fact anyone who potentially pushes dicker and harley further down the queue should be praised.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Ridiculous attitude. I was pissed off with what he did but he is playing for us again this season and will give his all to try to get us promoted. He always worked hard for us as a player so no issue there. Why can't we all get behind what looks like our strongest squad in years rather than moaning and criticising them?

Thanks Finchley, we're all entitled to our opinions. Some of us who were in the South Stand that night won't be so forgiving. Get over it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's an arrogant little shit was well apparently.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
We are a team he is part of that team I for one will not boo Dean Hammond he might just might fire us into the premiership

however he and us could do a bit of bridge building

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I suspect that you were one of the fans that were winding him up. I presume you have never reacted to provocation

I don't recall him getting any abuse prior to him scoring.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
This is a total rewriting of history that seems to be going on. If I remember correctly, Hammond was well received by the Albion supporters that night with the majority applauding him. What he did was entirely unprovoked and unnecessary. Whether you're happy or not about him signing, let's not try and claim he's anything but a deluded, arrogant, disrespectful piece of shit.

Spot on. He's an absolute shit. He was not provoked that night, he went out of his way to be abusive. But some of the NSC members on here who joined in 2010/11 won't know that, because they didn't fancy the windy rainy nights at withdean.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thanks Finchley, we're all entitled to our opinions. Some of us who were in the South Stand that night won't be so forgiving. Get over it.

I was in the south stand that night and have booed him when we played Southampton since. However, he now plays for us and it won't help our chances of winning games if we boo one of our own players. It will probably mean Hammond plays worst and will make the Amex atmosphere worst. So yes, you are entitled to your opinion but if you start booing one of our players at a match, I hope the people around you tell you to shut up.

Lets be honest, most of the people who are slagging him off will change their mind if he gets a last minute winner against Wednesday. Football fans are very fickle.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't recall him getting any abuse prior to him scoring.

Exactly. All the abuse was directed at their idiotic manager and Dan Harding. Hammond got no abuse... until his 'celebration'. Everything changed after that.

Absolutely this.

The way in which Hammond left didn't go down too well, but at the time he was one of our most influential players and I had a lot of respect for him. However his celebration was not particularly tasteful and changed my view on him completely.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Absolutely this.

The way in which Hammond left didn't go down too well, but at the time he was one of our most influential players and I had a lot of respect for him. However his celebration was not particularly tasteful and changed my view on him completely.

Personally, when he left I was on him/Wilkins/O'Callaghan side over how things were done. We got a transfer fee and he moved up a division. He then furthered his career even more so by moving onto Southampton who were an unconceivably bigger club than us at the time. In addition, he'd made himself a name as Southampton's best player and captain. There was nothing but respect. Then he did that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And to answer the question no I will not boo him, that would be stupid. But he will go in my Albion book of players I didnt/don't like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was in the south stand that night and have booed him when we played Southampton since. However, he now plays for us and it won't help our chances of winning games if we boo one of our own players. It will probably mean Hammond plays worst and will make the Amex atmosphere worst. So yes, you are entitled to your opinion but if you start booing one of our players at a match, I hope the people around you tell you to shut up.
Actually most of us are saying we won't boo him, we're just pissed off still and not finding it that easy to forgive and forget.
Football fans are very fickle.
Definitely, I find football fans as a breed pretty bloody annoying :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports