Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom: I would be really unhappy if we finish in the playoffs next season

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
For all we know we could be set to announce them this afternoon.

I sincerely hope you are right, but aren't you getting just a TINY bit bored of waiting? Perhaps it is my natural impatience, but it seems a bit odd that we are now 3 days from the start of the season, and we still have not signed this "big name striker". I am beginning to strongly believe it will not happen. We have been here before. Many times.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I sincerely hope you are right, but aren't you getting just a TINY bit bored of waiting? Perhaps it is my natural impatience, but it seems a bit odd that we are now 3 days from the start of the season, and we still have not signed this "big name striker". I am beginning to strongly believe it will not happen. We have been here before. Many times.

hello mate. i think the big name striker may be a fans creation, unless i missed TB or Gus actually intimating it would happen. in which case i missed that

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

No, I am getting "a TINY bit bored" of all the stupid threads moaning about the lack of a "big name striker". If we sign one before Saturday then great, if we don't then we go to Swindon with a decent team and hopefully will play well and get a result. If not, it is the first game of the season so I doubt it will relegate us. I would rather wait and get the right players than just get a striker in for the sake of it. I am getting excited about the season starting rather than worrying about things I cannot change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Argus:

"I would be really unhappy if we were in the playoffs next season" "We are aiming for top two" "Gus is the same, there are no guarantees, but everything is looking good, on and off the pitch"

:clap2::clap2:

He'll be a bloody sight more unhappy if we don't make the playoffs next season.

Still we've got Holroyd and OGH up front, we'll absolutely PISS it :thumbsup:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No, I am getting "a TINY bit bored" of all the stupid threads moaning about the lack of a "big name striker". If we sign one before Saturday then great, if we don't then we go to Swindon with a decent team and hopefully will play well and get a result. If not, it is the first game of the season so I doubt it will relegate us. I would rather wait and get the right players than just get a striker in for the sake of it. I am getting excited about the season starting rather than worrying about things I cannot change.

I just wish we had got one in by now, because players need time to gel with their team-mates, learn the runs they make, their movement etc. I am excited about Saturday and I am going, but the simple fact is that the four strikers on our books are nowhere near good enough to get us to the play offs, let alone 2nd place as Bloom wants.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
hello mate. i think the big name striker may be a fans creation, unless i missed TB or Gus actually intimating it would happen. in which case i missed that

Hello mate. Gus has said several times he is definitely gonna get another striker in. Which gives me hope. As it stands now, if Murray were to get a semi-serious injury tomorrow then we are totally f***ed. Holroyd and Barnes aint gonna scare anyone.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Agreed..but we've had over three months to get a striker in and failed miserably to do so. We need to get our finger out and soon.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the transfer market is about to go into over drive. when the prem sides have to name there squads its going to be madness.

plenty of quality will become avaukable, well worth the wait

in gus i trust

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm absolutely delighted with our signings.

Painter and Calderon are two of, if not, the best full backs in the league.

I don't know much about Greer but looks a quality signing and finally gives us a strong leader at the back.

Sparrow to me is a better player than Crofts so a brilliant replacement.

Kishishev should add extra steel to the midfield and offers cover at right back.

Barnes looked good for us last season and is also a good signing.

Add to that the two Argentines who are a bit of an unknown quantity.

If we can add that left winger, I really feel we are capable of competing for those top two places. The squad, although not the best in the division, is easily capable of competing with the best.

As Poyet said in a recent interview, we may not have the best INDIVIDUALS in the league but he wants to make sure we have the best TEAM.

:albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just wish we had got one in by now, because players need time to gel with their team-mates, learn the runs they make, their movement etc. I am excited about Saturday and I am going, but the simple fact is that the four strikers on our books are nowhere near good enough to get us to the play offs, let alone 2nd place as Bloom wants.

Sorry but that's going overboard. If Murray got 20-25 this season and Barnes got 10-15 (completely feasible) we could easily get 6th.

Millwall came THIRD last season, with their strikers scoring 20 and 13 (THIRTEEN) respectively. They came third. We're not asking for third.

It's all about the team anyway, it's far too simplistic to just look at the strikers and not consider how good the midfield supplying them is. And it is ALL about Gus Poyet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also can we PLEASE put to bed this Murray "injury prone" myth to bed, we've been over this plenty, it's just received NSC chat that becomes fact because it's repeated enough.

TWO genuine injuries in an ENTIRE career does not an injury prone player make. The first injury recurred for the EXACT reason that Adams brought him back too early.

Murray said in an interview around that time that he'd never really had a proper injury before in his career.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is even better - Charlton came fourth last year, their top two strikers scored 13 and 12 respectively. We are going to have PLENTY of goals coming from midfield this year I reckon. No panic.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quite simply, with money available and expectations high, the complete FAILURE of Poyet to do his job correctly and sign the most important player on the pitch will cost him his job.

You're like a tabloid reporter. Hilarious. :laugh:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Quite simply, with money available and expectations high, the complete FAILURE of Poyet to do his job correctly and sign the most important player on the pitch will cost him his job.

That is possibly the most stupid thing you have said on here and there is a lot of competition for that. You are talking about sacking a manager who has just signed a new four year contract before the season has even started. Get a grip we had a good run at the end of last season with Barnes and Murray as our main strikers so it can happen again.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Sorry, has the transfer window closed then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here