Bloom: I would be really unhappy if we finish in the playoffs next season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying I want it to happen but it will. With Murray, Barnes, Hart and Holroyd as our strikers we won't score more than 30 goals from upfront all season. That will be nowhere even close to getting us in the top six, so the manager will pay with his job as both the fans and chairman would be hacked off.

I defended Gus all through May, June and early July when people were questioning why we hadn't signed the players we need, but it's 48 hours until the first game now and we still haven't done it. He has FAILED.

I'll say it AGAIN. Charlton came FOURTH last season and their two strikers scored 13 and 12. We have plenty of goals in the team to get us to around 5th-8th.

If we come 7th this season there is NO WAY Bloom would sack Poyet.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Saying that somebody has "FAILED" before the first game of the season is cringeworthy. :facepalm:

Perhaps you should change your name to The Complete Tosser?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Football managers keep/lose their job on whether they exceed, match or fail to meet expectations. You could, possibly quite justifiably, say the expectations are too high, but that's irrelevant really. With these strikers it will be impossible to deliver what people are demanding.

For "people", read COMPLETE f***ing IDIOTS.

The rest of us are realistic.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
People seemed to of expected a big money forward signing. It is quite obviously CLEAR that Bloom and Gus are not prepared to spend over the odds on players, and that we have a wage budget to adhere to. Before a ball has been kicked in the 2010/11 season has been kicked, and before the transfer window has closed, people are ASSUMING that suitable additions will not be made.

Good teams are built around good squads, good teams get promoted. A single 25+ goal scorer will not get us promoted alone.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Poyet said he wanted his squad in place before pre-season, yet here we are 48 hours before the first match with at least two key men not signed up. I like him, but he has failed in the transfer market, whatever way you slice it.

Ok, well the chairman is a complete f***ing idiot for one then. He may or may not have said he expects us in the top two, but I'll guarantee you he definitely expects the top six, and that will be a tough ask with our mess of a squad. How disappointing it has all turned out.

Calderon could have quite easily f***ed off to Southampton, or possibly a CCC club. Sparrow had offers for CCC clubs, but chose here due to family, the two Argies are a gamble but show bags of potential, Kish is getting on, but has clearly still got alot to give at this level, Painter was quality last season, have not seen enough of Barnes, but has clearly shown he scores goals, Greer is one of the best centre backs in the division.

The squad is better than last year, and Gus has stated he wants 3 or 4 more players. You will never get all of them before the first couple of games. There are formalities. The better players wait till the end to see what is offered before accepting deals. There is still a good few weeks before we can really see what we have got to offer this season. So far I remain optimistic of at least a play off spot.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON?

You were emphatically wrong back at the end of January, haven't you learnt a thing?

I hate to have to use the following, but I feel it necessary.

A few seasons back P@**ce were near the drop zone at Christmas. By the season end, they were in the play offs. That is how quickly football can change. If we have a shit start, then I am sure there is a contingency plan for January, allocated funds to bring in the necessary players to make the push in the second half of the season. We have spent next to nothing so far, yet have bought in some good individiuals. Not Stockport bench warmers, or Irish gongs,good well known players. (greer, sparrow, kish)

Poyet has said that there is money available, he knows the plan, he will spend wisely, and Im sure January may see one or two comings and goings, loan or otherwise.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
:yahoo:

TCB - may I salute you sir. You have, in particularily extraordinary fashion, given me my evenings entertainment.

Poyet has failed. Superb.

Greer - CB and leader - the player we have been talking about for 2 years.

Sparrow - perfect, and from what I have heard/seen, possibly better player (replacement for Crofts).

Kishishev - looked superb on Saturday. Experianced. TOUGH. Just what we need, to give competition to (a superb looking) Nav and Dicker.

Baz + Batti - two FLAIR Argies who could turn out to be amazing, and could turn out to be tosh. But hey, it's worth the punt on 1 year contracts, and I would suppose not much cash.

Barnes - a striker who played well at the end of last season, which is promising.

Painter - absoloutely superb signing, people seem to forget about this actually being a 'signing'. Solid as a rock.

Calderon - same as Paints - we SIGNED HIM and he was out of contract. Quality, and flair.

Add ALL OF THESE along with a superb winger in Bennett, Murray, Elphick, Brez.

We've hardly spent ANYTHING, and we are a left winger and a striker short. The Premiership squads are announced soon, when many will become available. Gus knows he needs to get a few players in - and he will. Tony will not just think 'f*** it, we don't need a striker anymore do we?'

What a brilliant pre season, I cannot wait for the season to now start.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

TCB - may i salute you sir. You have, in particularily extraordinary fashion, given me my evenings entertainment.

Sparrow - perfect, and from what I have heard/seen, possibly better player (replacement for Crofts).

Kishishev - looked superb on Saturday. Experianced. TOUGH. Just what we need, to give competition to (a superb looking) Nav and Dicker.

Baz + Batti - two FLAIR Argies who could turn out to be amazing, and could turn out to be tosh. But hey, it's worth the punt on 1 year contracts, and I would suppose not much cash.

Didn't you hear? They're part of our MESS OF A SQUAD.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite simply, with money available and expectations high, the complete FAILURE of Poyet to do his job correctly and sign the most important player on the pitch will cost him his job.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some people are forgetting that the transfer window runs till the end of Aug and even that it re-opens in Jan. If the right player hasn't been available and we're looking for that 100% right player in Poyet's opinion then it doesn't matter a great deal if they sign 2 - 3 weeks into the season (it's a 46 game season!)... I'd rather wait till Jan and get the right man for good money then rush into it just to attempt to please un-pleaseable fans like you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
..and thats apart from the £93 million he's already stumped up ?? You need to realise how bloody lucky we are to have this man as chairman .

Need a team worthai of the stadium TBH... and yes, we are really lucky to have TB as our chairman...

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

TCB - may I salute you sir. You have, in particularily extraordinary fashion, given me my evenings entertainment.

Barnes - a striker who played well at the end of last season, which is promising.

Painter - absoloutely superb signing, people seem to forget about this actually being a 'signing'. Solid as a rock.

Calderon - same as Paints - we SIGNED HIM and he was out of contract. Quality, and flair.

Add ALL OF THESE along with a superb winger in Bennett, Murray, Elphick, Brez.

We've hardly spent ANYTHING, and we are a left winger and a striker short. The Premiership squads are announced soon, when many will become available. Gus knows he needs to get a few players in - and he will. Tony will not just think 'f*** it, we don't need a striker anymore do we?'

What a brilliant pre season, I cannot wait for the season to now start.

100% correct. Although a bit sensible

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Isn't it predictable that we're on the verge of the most exciting era in the club's history (with the possible exception of the Mullery era, first time round)....yet there are still idiots on here who complain. On the day that Portsmouth could very well go to the wall as a result of massive incompetence and poor management, let's reflect on the fact that the management of this club for the past decade has been first class, and it continues to be (with the added benefit of some serious money).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hate to have to use the following, but I feel it necessary.

A few seasons back P@**ce were near the drop zone at Christmas. By the season end, they were in the play offs. That is how quickly football can change. If we have a shit start, then I am sure there is a contingency plan for January, allocated funds to bring in the necessary players to make the push in the second half of the season. We have spent next to nothing so far, yet have bought in some good individiuals. Not Stockport bench warmers, or Irish gongs,good well known players. (greer, sparrow, kish)

Poyet has said that there is money available, he knows the plan, he will spend wisely, and Im sure January may see one or two comings and goings, loan or otherwise.

Sorry, the example give is a very exceptional one... we need to act MUCH MUCH sooner than that...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Guys,

I've said it before on here and put money on it, WE WILL FINISH IN THE TOP TWO!

Happy to take your money (at the right odds!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports