Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom: I would be really unhappy if we finish in the playoffs next season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some people are forgetting that the transfer window runs till the end of Aug and even that it re-opens in Jan. If the right player hasn't been available and we're looking for that 100% right player in Poyet's opinion then it doesn't matter a great deal if they sign 2 - 3 weeks into the season (it's a 46 game season!)... I'd rather wait till Jan and get the right man for good money then rush into it just to attempt to please un-pleaseable fans like you.

Sorry, Jan FAR too late if we are serious about promotion... obviously, we need the right player, but that is Gus job to find, Tony's to fund... this is one they MUST GET RIGHT, and must get done SOON...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it predictable that we're on the verge of the most exciting era in the club's history (with the possible exception of the Mullery era, first time round)....yet there are still idiots on here who complain. On the day that Portsmouth could very well go to the wall as a result of massive incompetence and poor management, let's reflect on the fact that the management of this club for the past decade has been first class, and it continues to be (with the added benefit of some serious money).

Why do people do this? There is a middle ground between spending too little and too much money...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... and the middle ground is where we need to be... strikers cost money, we need to invest... see my signature...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Murray got 20-25 this season and Barnes got 10-15 (completely feasible) we could easily get 6th.

Also can we PLEASE put to bed this Murray "injury prone" myth to bed, we've been over this plenty, it's just received NSC chat that becomes fact because it's repeated enough.

BG mentioned wanting to see the reaction to Bloom's comments back then and reading over this thread these two bits stuck out.

Barnes on 12 goals at the moment.
Murray hasn't been out injured at all from what I recall (his early season absence was suspension, wasn't it?). Though, I don't recall any comments about him being injury prone recently, so perhaps that one has been put to bed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Couldn't help it:

the simple fact is that we do not have a cat's chance in hell of going up with our current strikers.

Murray (although unplayable on his day) is woefully inconsistent, injury-prone and has a dreadful disciplinary record [12 goals already]. I like Barnes, he is a trier and he has a good attitude but the simple fact is that his goals record at league level is, on the whole, pitiful [12 goals already].

Compare our strikers to Barnard [8 goals], Lambert [13] and Connolly [1 goal] (all prolific goalscorers throughout their careers at this level).

Quite simply, with money available and expectations high, the complete FAILURE of Poyet to do his job correctly and sign the most important player on the pitch will cost him his job.
Hmm...

With Murray, Barnes, Hart and Holroyd as our strikers we won't score more than 30 goals from upfront all season [24 already]. That will be nowhere even close to getting us in the top six, so the manager will pay with his job as both the fans and chairman would be hacked off.

I defended Gus all through May, June and early July when people were questioning why we hadn't signed the players we need, but He has FAILED.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ok, well the chairman is a complete f***ing idiot for one then. He may or may not have said he expects us in the top two, but I'll guarantee you he definitely expects the top six, and that will be a tough ask with our mess of a squad. How disappointing it has all turned out.

So many classic "complete badgerisms" to choose from in just one thread but I especially liked this one.

Thanks to Acker 79 for hunting this thread out. Should be NSC Gold

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
excellent....................a mess of a squad. god help us if we sign anyone that can actually play. We'll win the champions league.

Perhaps TCB's bare arse should take a trip to Burton's window?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
... and the middle ground is where we need to be... strikers cost money, we need to invest... see my signature...

How's about changing your signature now that it's been proved beyond doubt that "the playing side" has DEFINITELY not been forgotten?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hmm...
I'm not saying I want it to happen but it will. With Murray, Barnes, Hart and Holroyd as our strikers we won't score more than 30 goals from upfront all season [24 already]. That will be nowhere even close to getting us in the top six, so the manager will pay with his job as both the fans and chairman would be hacked off.

Plus 9 from Sandaza and Wood.

Jimmy Grimble

Superb bounce :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I read it through and have to say it was a 90% sensible thread (a first ever?)... kept me interested at work for a few minutes earlier anyway.

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
I read it through and have to say it was a 90% sensible thread (a first ever?)... kept me interested at work for a few minutes earlier anyway.

actually did the same... I usually read the thread's first page and get bored because most of it is rubbish or the topic has completely changed, but this is actually a great thread.

Tony is a great man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here