Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom: I would be really unhappy if we finish in the playoffs next season

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Thread title had me worried there for a second.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
err... don't i recall him saying the exact same thing before this season?

it's more believable this time granted.

Maybe you're thinking of his quote about the squad being "good enough to be in the play-offs". :lolol:

To be fair to Uncle Tone, he did admit to being a rookie in the Footie Chairmanship game, & I'm sure he's learned a great deal over the course of a full season.

So blow that dust off your cheque-book Mr B & go LARGE. You know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1066gull

The next Leeds 'Bottlers' United.

If all goes well, we will become the early pace setters, but can we maintain a challenge through the whole season?

Soton will push us all the way. Colchester maybe up there too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
great stuff TB. i for one, still cannot believe our luck in having TB take over. i love his style - serious, committed, understated, patient but with a bit of passion just under the surface.

You forgot something.......................................his tens of millions.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Really disappointed if we're in the playoffs seems very harsh. Sounds like he'll sack the manager if we don't finish 1st or 2nd! That'll be very difficult in my opinion considering we could have Southampton, Leeds, Charlton, Palace, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford & us all vying for the top two positions next year!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
great stuff TB. i for one, still cannot believe our luck in having TB take over. i love his style - serious, committed, understated, patient but with a bit of passion just under the surface.

Patient? I don't know about that one. 15 games after Russell Slade pulled off a near miraculous survival for us last year he was sacked, after a spell in which we didn't once enter the relegation zone. Now, after a mid table finish this year he's expecting us to finish in the top two, and will be DISAPPOINTED if we only make the playoffs!!

I'm not complaining considering he's rich and has pumped £93m into saving the Falmer project, but he's certainly not patient or perfect.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is he going to put hes money where hes mouth is

...apart from the £90 odd million for the stadium?

I would have thought its time for the other directors to dip in their pockets. Obviously not all of them have Bloom's money, however there are some very wealthy indviduals on the board

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is nice to see the way things have been going both in the way of results and style of performance. However we have never been above mid table and our home form remains pretty awful. At present half our team is made up of loan signings some of whom are not likely to be around for next season.

To make the play offs next season would mark a huge achievement for the club. I am not expecting it. I am hopeful though.

We should not forget though that there are half a dozen or so games left this season and there should be dedication there to points gathering and making our position safe in this division for next year.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Is he going to put hes money where hes mouth is

FFS......do not have any idea ?
If TB hadnt become our chairman, there is,i think, a great possibility that BHAFC,could well have been in administration by now.
Big debts, small crowds AND M Perry esq lying to us about the funding of the stadium.
It was said the stadium was costing 46 million, and funding was in place..........
total bollox... their WAS no funding on place ...AND what financing company would LEND money to a League 1 team ????
PLEASE ...I THINK OUR CHAIRMAN HAS PUT MORE MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH IS..
I THINK YOUR MOUTH ......SHOULD JUST STUM!

AmsterdamAlbion

Jul 26, 2004
Amsterdam
Really disappointed if we're in the playoffs seems very harsh. Sounds like he'll sack the manager if we don't finish 1st or 2nd! That'll be very difficult in my opinion considering we could have Southampton, Leeds, Charlton, Palace, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford & us all vying for the top two positions next year!

Wrong - only three teams get relegated from championship and Peterborough already down and surely Palace going down is a good thing. However top two of any division is a difficult goal but well worth aiming for!

Given the funding that TB has put into the club, he is fully entitled to expect a top two finish next season. With a couple of quality signings in the summer, I for one see no reason why we couldn't get one of those automatic slots.

I will be putting my small contribution into the club & will be buying a season ticket for next year. Something that I have not bought for the last 3 years.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
has put real pressure on gus for next season we are getting carried away with a few good results the squad will need some big changes:clap2:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
In hindsight, is this comment from Bloom one of the stupidest things ever said?

He demands automatic promotion, and yet here we are 3 days from the start of the season and we have spent f*** ALL.

I am genuinely pleased with the signings we have made so far.... but we are starting our first game of the season on Saturday with a relative total novice (look at his OVERALL league goals record) up front on his own and no recognised left-winger.

I'm sorry, but I think that is pretty f***ing shit given what Bloom said.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

He demands automatic promotion, and yet here we are 3 days from the start of the season and we have spent f*** ALL.

I am genuinely pleased with the signings we have made so far.... but we are starting our first game of the season on Saturday with a relative total novice (look at his OVERALL league goals record) up front on his own and no recognised left-winger.

Seeing as Bloom has retracted that statement, you need to calm down.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I think that we are in a difficult position.

It is still a whole year before any signing will get to play at Falmer. That year will be at the shit-hole known as Withdean.

I suspect we are finding it difficult to get the players that we would want, and who would be able to play at a higher level soon, to join us. Add to that the fact that Gus and no boubt TB, are not prepared to pay over the odds for anyone, I can see why we have got what we have got.

I think that the close proximity of the start to the season will concentrate a few minds, and we will see a couple of quality signings over the next week or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here