Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney fee agreed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
beardy gull said:
Fee not agreed! Saints have upped the asking price after hearing what we got for Harding. Bloody yokels.

Says the Argus:-

Meanwhile, Albion are haggling with Southampton over the size of the fee for former loan keeper Alan Blayney.

McGhee revealed: "We are still negotiating. We have still not got an agreement. We thought we had one."

The tribunal verdict on Dan Harding's move from Albion to Leeds appears to have inflated Southampton's asking price.

They were originally prepared to accept £25,000 for Blayney but the asking price for the Northern Irishman now is understood to be £75,000.

:angry: :angry:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It still probably represents good value even if they are back stabbing bar stewards.

Get him before we end up in another sidwell situation

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just give Harry the Spiv the brown envelope he's probably after :ohmy:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
harry and Rupert never miss a chance to make a buck. Get a stall down the market selling dodgy dvds 'arry you ponce

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
When they originally said 'a small fee', I assumed it was about £50k-75k anyway, we are in the CHAMPIONSHIP (that is the league just below the PREMIERSHIP), you don't get players for £25,000 very often in this league.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
AND Blayney is one of our more VITAL signings, without a trusted keeper we will get emabrassed for sure at Derby. Just give them £75k, its still a good deal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£75K seems reasonable to me, hurry and sort this out we need two keepers for this season.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
£75,000 is nothing.Get your cheque book out Dick and start reinvesting some of that transfer money into the team.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yeah but if you agree a deal you should stick with it. It's no co-incidence Southampton get through so many managers. Last season when we had Blayney on loan we had to pay them extra money, not for his wages but for "administration costs." !
Hopefully a compromise can be reached but don't blame the board this is about Southampton going back on their word, an agreement. Rupert Lowe is a complete wanker.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree he's worth 75k. What I am annoyed about is that Southampton have trebled his price because we got a payout from Leeds.
An agreement is an agreement. (but not to some)
:(

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£75,000?

Pay it and be done!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:
An agreement is an agreement. (but not to some)
:(

Not anymore apparantly, whether it is between two clubs as in this case or in a player saying that he will sign a contract as in Harding.

My guess is that some of the people who defended Harding might be a bit pissed off with southampton but they amount to the same in my eyes as they are both looking for the best deal for themselves.

Gentlemens agreements seem to be a thing of the past now.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Typical Scum. Roopes is trying to get Harry some more money to play with after telling him that he could't have all of Crouch's fee after all. Then again, with a new Director of Football sitting on Harry's shoulder, they are probably just waiting for Harry to say "Sod it" and walk away again like he did at Portsmouth in the same situation.

Rupert Lowe is not flavour of the month (or year) at Scum, and is not renowned for his understanding of ethics in the football world. He's a businessman, he can see that we have some cash, and he wants it. Maybe we should build a deal into the signing - half now, half later, a bit more after more International caps and promotions, and a percentage of a sell-on fee....

75K for a keeper is a good deal - even if FDM is back to full fitness and ability, it gives us flexibility for injuries, etc.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Yup !

We have offered £25k, Saints want £75k............

larus

Tough call this. Do we pay anyway because you think he's worth it even though they've trebled the price due to Hrding, or do we walk away and risk losing Blayney.

Out of principle, I would want to tell them to shove it, but I think we should pay upto £75k if we have to. (Try to negotiate first though...).

Business is business after all. Iy maybe that we thought we had an agreement, but they didn't. Who knows.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have to have a keeper for next Saturday. Southampton know that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Buzza said:
We have to have a keeper for next Saturday. Southampton know that.

True. As I said, hopefully we can strike a compromise with them but Lowe is a notoriously difficult man to deal with. The thing which really gets me is that we all thought the Blayney deal was virtually done allowing McGhee and Knight time to concentrate on improving other areas of the squad. It's going to be a busy weekend for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here