Blayney fee agreed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lizard said:
What about the left then?

Hammond will start, Jarrett option on the bench, but we need a new signing in case either of those don't work out.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hold your horses people, If Wolves have made a bid, is it really likely that he will join us?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Hold your horses people, If Wolves have made a bid, is it really likely that he will join us?

Yes... they want a loan... we offer him a perm, 1st-team probability, and he won't have to move...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...plus he knows we love him already...

Withdean Wanderer said:

Yes, he's desparate to join us. On the phone virtually every day to John Keeley. At Wolves, he's wanted as injury cover to two keepers - with us, he knows he has a realistic shot at No 1. The guy wants to be first-team, not rotting in a big squad's reserves - he's had enough of that. We've agreed a fee with Soton, that's the only stumbling block overcome. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think this is possibly an even more inspiring piece of business than the CKR deal, what McGhee must now do is build a defence around him and remove the injury and accident prone marine to a supporting role.

To do that he should really bring a quality central defender in who a keeper can have 100% faith in, someone say in the mould of, well, Danny Cullip.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should think Blayney can't wait to get away and i don't blame him, not thought of very highly by most Saints fans by the look of it

Saints fans on Blayney

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
Yes, he's desparate to join us. On the phone virtually every day to John Keeley. At Wolves, he's wanted as injury cover to two keepers - with us, he knows he has a realistic shot at No 1. The guy wants to be first-team, not rotting in a big squad's reserves - he's had enough of that. We've agreed a fee with Soton, that's the only stumbling block overcome. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'll back that as I heard it said as well

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm sure he will be signing for us, but does anyone know how much the fee is?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
lizard said:
I'm sure he will be signing for us, but does anyone know how much the fee is?

Est approx 50k (he's still in contract for another year)

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
Est approx 50k (he's still in contract for another year)

I'd have thought it would be quite a bit more than that.
If that's the case what has MM been waiting for?!?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
lizard said:
I'd have thought it would be quite a bit more than that.
If that's the case what has MM been waiting for?!?!

Redknapp to actually answer his phone (I heard it myelf at the AGM)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hurry up Harry, answer the mobile :clap2: :lol:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
Redknapp to actually answer his phone (I heard it myelf at the AGM)

Changing the subject slightly and i don't want to start any rumours that aren't true, but about a month ago i heard that his son was thinking about coming and playing for us?
I didn't notice anything on here about it and didn't want to start rumours flying around but did anyone else hear that?
I know it's not true now, but lets just say i was pretty happy when i was told!

Shame it's not true though!:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports