Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney fee agreed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Buzza said:
We have to have a keeper for next Saturday. Southampton know that.

We could always borrow one from Celtic. He'll know how to pick the ball out of the net ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Icy Gull said:
We could always borrow one from Celtic. He'll know how to pick the ball out of the net ???

The only player I want from Celtic is currently injured!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If Scumhampton had originally agreed to £25,000 why the hell didn't we get the deal concluded asap? We should have wrapped this up in no time and none of this arseing about from Scumhampton would have been necessary.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thimble Keegan said:
If Scumhampton had originally agreed to £25,000 why the hell didn't we get the deal concluded asap? We should have wrapped this up in no time and none of this arseing about from Scumhampton would have been necessary.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

I fear the club was too cautious over the tribunal outcome!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Buzza said:
I fear the club was too cautious over the tribunal outcome!

Yeah, but we must have had £25,000...Even before the Coca-Cola money we would have had a summer transfer budget and £25,000 is peanuts for a player these days. Also we were always going to get enough out of the tribunal to cover £25,000, we should not have hesitated.

That said, if they want £75,000 then maybe we can agree on a price of £50,000 which still represents good value...Get him in even if he is a Scumhampton player.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thimble Keegan said:
Yeah, but we must have had £25,000...

Agreed

I'd like to think so but I'm not sure about anything at the moment regarding the club's finances.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be honest I don't think we've been out of it since we left the Goldstone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see this as a glitch caused by over cautiousness and/or a rather cavalier attitude in thinking Southampton would be glad to offload their 4th choice keeper. If the ongoing fitness problems of FDM were known a month ago then this late drama is a pretty amateurish way to run a Championship football club imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The deal should have been done weeks ago, but we were too fcuking slow, as usual...

Most on here seemed to think 100k was a good price for us to have to pay for AB... and I agree...

We need to get real... and pay-up...

We have just received 1.725M from player sales... 75k on a decent player in is not much to ask...

If I were Rupert and Harry I would do the same thing... our board and manager need to sort this one out... and sort it out NOW!...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
B.W. said:
The deal should have been done weeks ago, but we were too fcuking slow, as usual...

Most on here seemed to think 100k was a good price for us to have to pay for AB... and I agree...

We need to get real... and pay-up...

We have just received 1.725M from player sales... 75k on a decent player in is not much to ask...

If I were Rupert and Harry I would do the same thing... our board and manager need to sort this one out... and sort it out NOW!...

moan moan moan moan :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TK we will be in the crap all the time we have no stadium that can generate a realistic income.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes but as I understand it ( MM said so) the two clubs HAD agreed a deal only for Scumthampton to chnage their mind once they found out we'd got more £ in via the Hrading tribunal. I don't blame the board for being pissed off about Lowe's underhand tactics. Still, we should make another offer and hope to meet them half way - we do need him in asap.

On another point, Mark McGhee has more money to spend on players than any other Albion manager in the past 8 years so let's just wait and see what he comes up with.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Trouble is that it looks like Niemi is on his way out, meaning that Scum might want to hang on to Blayney. I think we'll have to wait and see how this one unfolds - but without a doubt the Scum have pulled a flanker on us.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Unless the right keeper turns up I would be tempted to get in a loan signing until MK returns. If it is for three months or less (which I think is the case) he can be of any age either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
moan moan moan moan :rolleyes:

Yes, but I was 100% right that the club needed to get moving in the transfer market (said this at the start of summer, pre-season, etc.)... they didn't... and we are now seeing the results... even MM has admitted the situation is desparate...

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
This is one serious cock-up by our club.
With Niemi being dropped, Blayney was on the bench. All this two-ing and throwing over a small fee has resulted in Blayney being put back in the Saints picture. Granted, Scumhampton totally had us buggered over originally agreeing the fee then changing tune but ultimately clubs will do this to us as they know we are small fry - with little money to burn.
Like someone else said, this should have been wrapped up the minute Virgo was going out the door - over two weeks a go!!
Rather like two seasons a go when Bobby left, next day fans had a sweetner with Ben Roberts signed up.
I feel this deal is as good as dead if Niemi does go.
I am seriously:censored: off by it

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with others are saying on here as the club have dropped a bollock with this one. I know Scumhampton are shafting us now but we should have sorted this out the second they said: "£25,000".

We are now in danger of losing out altogether.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here