Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley V Palace

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Back to the banter!

Palace's win against us was a tremendous achievement for them considering their current state of terminal decline and they had every right to rub our noses in it afterwards. In the long term though it must be very depressing being a Palace fan, they haven't a pot to piss in and are living a hand to mouth existence with a man of many words, Steve '80s club owner' Parish, promising much but delivering very little. Parish seems to think he can deliver a 40000 seat stadium in Sarf London for around £40million !! :lol: good luck with that Stevey boy! If and its a big fat IF they ever do manage to raise anything near that amount of money there is no way they can build a stadium similar to the plans I've seen for that. It will be extremely basic and most definitely a 'flat pack' stadium. I'm sure there will be the usual Palace on here claiming Parish is worth billions of pounds but unless any of it is releasable cash it means nothing as it is all tied into his business. I can't see he or any others have made any significant investment in Palace and with attendances dwindling the only real assets they have are a handful of decent players who must be looking at the January transfer window hopefully. I think January will be a key month for Palace, if they lose even one or two of their better players I think the remaining part of the season will see them really struggle. Its a distinct possibility given the lack of income although the cup run may well offset their financial problems for a few more months.

I genuinely see Palace as a club similar to where we were 12-15 years ago, going nowhere and treading water with no real prospects of any success and crowds deserting them along with no money to do anything about it. Relegation for Palace would be disastrous, I think they would struggle to pull in 10000 at Selhurst in L1 and with even less money available to them I think they could well do a Stockport, at least I fookin hope they do. In L1 they would become just another Brentford or Orient :clap:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The BBC text commentary:

0:00 The match begins.

0:07 GOAL - Ricardo Vaz TeBarnsley 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

Ricardo Vaz Te finds the net with a goal from long range to the top left corner of the goal.

:lol:

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
Back to the banter!

Palace's win against us was a tremendous achievement for them considering their current state of terminal decline and they had every right to rub our noses in it afterwards. In the long term though it must be very depressing being a Palace fan, they haven't a pot to piss in and are living a hand to mouth existence with a man of many words, Steve '80s club owner' Parish, promising much but delivering very little. Parish seems to think he can deliver a 40000 seat stadium in Sarf London for around £40million !! :lol: good luck with that Stevey boy! If and its a big fat IF they ever do manage to raise anything near that amount of money there is no way they can build a stadium similar to the plans I've seen for that. It will be extremely basic and most definitely a 'flat pack' stadium. I'm sure there will be the usual Palace on here claiming Parish is worth billions of pounds but unless any of it is releasable cash it means nothing as it is all tied into his business. I can't see he or any others have made any significant investment in Palace and with attendances dwindling the only real assets they have are a handful of decent players who must be looking at the January transfer window hopefully. I think January will be a key month for Palace, if they lose even one or two of their better players I think the remaining part of the season will see them really struggle. Its a distinct possibility given the lack of income although the cup run may well offset their financial problems for a few more months.

I genuinely see Palace as a club similar to where we were 12-15 years ago, going nowhere and treading water with no real prospects of any success and crowds deserting them along with no money to do anything about it. Relegation for Palace would be disastrous, I think they would struggle to pull in 10000 at Selhurst in L1 and with even less money available to them I think they could well do a Stockport, at least I fookin hope they do. In L1 they would become just another Brentford or Orient :clap:

You really haven't got a clue about our club have you!

Steve Parish is just one of 4 owners, 2 of them are in the current rich list, but in toal all 4 of them are very wealthy so we are good hands financially.

The new stadium will happen given that the council and government approve plans, it all hinges on the Olympic Stadium situation, once that has been decided tehn we will know what will be happening, failing that, they have indicated if the new stadium plans are not approved they will look at alternative sites or Selhurst will be renovated.

Current form, we have not won in 7 games, however, 4 of those were draws so were not exactly being beaten every week. Did you not go 9 games without a win earlier this season? We have just played 4 games in 11 days so its no surprises that as a team we are physically drained and have had to rotate the squad so therefore not been able to get our recognised first team playing together.

Like all teams i suspect we will have good runs and bad runs this season, as you will, but it's all about the final finishing position in April that matters most. Gloating too soon always comes back to bite you, as you saw when we beat you 1-3 at the Amex.

After the last 2 seasons we have had if someone said to me come December you would be midtable, closer to the top 6 than the bottom 3, and a very good chance of making a Cup Final at Wembley i would have bitten their arm off!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Steve Parish is just one of 4 owners, 2 of them are in the current rich list, but in toal all 4 of them are very wealthy so we are good hands financially.

The new stadium will happen given that the council and government approve plans, it all hinges on the Olympic Stadium situation, once that has been decided tehn we will know what will be happening, failing that, they have indicated if the new stadium plans are not approved they will look at alternative sites or Selhurst will be renovated.

Current form, we have not won in 7 games, however, 4 of those were draws so were not exactly being beaten every week. Did you not go 9 games without a win earlier this season? We have just played 4 games in 11 days so its no surprises that as a team we are physically drained and have had to rotate the squad so therefore not been able to get our recognised first team playing together.

Like all teams i suspect we will have good runs and bad runs this season, as you will, but it's all about the final finishing position in April that matters most. Gloating too soon always comes back to bite you, as you saw when we beat you 1-3 at the Amex.

After the last 2 seasons we have had if someone said to me come December you would be midtable, closer to the top 6 than the bottom 3, and a very good chance of making a Cup Final at Wembley i would have bitten their arm off!

Just as a side note when we played you earlier in the season that was also our 4 game in 11 days. We were clearly tired and physically drained.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We have just played 4 games in 11 days so its no surprises that as a team we are physically drained and have had to rotate the squad so therefore not been able to get our recognised first team playing together.

Try 3 games in 6 days. Put in a good shift against Liverpool, weren't brilliant against Leeds, and as for the Palace game? Let's just forget that one!:glare:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
and have had to rotate the squad so therefore not been able to get our recognised first team playing together.!

I would LOVE for our first team to play all together just once this season, every match we have played we have had at least 2 or 3 missing

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Oh really, shame not one of them has put any real investment into the club yet then isn't it? Lots of clubs have wealthy chairman, very few actually have the balls to put their hands in their pockets though. Parish and his mates have done very little so far to encourage any Palace fans that the future is very much more of the same or worse. And being on the rich list eh? Woop de doop, anyone with any real money and sense avoids those lists and they are no real indicator of anything since they are largely guesswork, I mean which rich person opens up their personal wealth for public scrutiny? I know of at least one that doesn't and he recently shelled out £100million plus for a new stadium with another £40million for an extra 8000 seats and a new academy. Wanna borrow that to build your new sad flatpack replacement for Selhurst? Crystal Palace, A club going nowhere since 1980. And before you start bleating on about us racking up loads of debt (a bit like Hitler giving advice on world peace) Blooms investment is straight from his own wallet and not bank debt or borrowing from other sources that we might default on and only pay a fraction back at a later date - sound familiar?? I stand by my original comments, Parish & co have proved nothing yet and all this bollocks about financial prudence is just an excuse for not investing in the club and taking it forward. Enjoy the next few seasons of struggle, we will enjoy your sad demise.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When did Palace actually last win anything of note?

To be brutally honest about it:
They won a League Cup game away to Manchester United this season.
They won an away game at Brighton this season.
They won promotion to the top flight in 2004.
They won a cup competition at Wembley in the 1990s

In other words, I don't think that's the best line of questioning for us Albion fans to take! Personally, I'm just happy that the Albion are doing well again.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
You really haven't got a clue about our club have you! Steve Parish is just one of 4 owners, 2 of them are in the current rich list, but in toal all 4 of them are very wealthy so we are good hands financially.

Problem with four owners is that some will have more money than others, say one has 100 million and another has a billion, the one with a billion says right, I'll put £20 million in for our new ground and the rest do then the smallest stake holder will say, f*** me, that'll be a big dent in my savings and says NO. Then they're all back to square one where's our mate Tony owns the club to himself.

four people owing the club just won't work.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
To be brutally honest about it:
They won a League Cup game away to Manchester United this season.
They won an away game at Brighton this season.
They won promotion to the top flight in 2004.
They won a cup competition at Wembley in the 1990s

In other words, I don't think that's the best line of questioning for us Albion fans to take! Personally, I'm just happy that the Albion are doing well again.

^^ Quite,

Leaving all the banter aside for a bit.....why the fxxk are teams like BHA and Palace being forced to play 4 games in 11 days? all it does is knacker out the players of a small squad, while Premershite players moan abou playing twice in 7 days with squads 3 times the size of clubs like ours...oh yea its for the telly! so they can pay the top prem clubs even more and so it goes on......god I hate sky.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Everyone on here having a pop at palace & taking the piss out of their fans is completely out of order, didn't your parents teach you that it's wrong to pick on the simple kids?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here