Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley V Palace

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Didn't Steve Parish and co. publically state recently that they only became owners reluctantly and that they wish they could become normal fans again? But can't due to the state of the Club.

I guess Bloom was reluctantly put into ownership due to bank funding dropping out for the Stadium but for all intens and purposes he was always going to become Chairman at some point, it was just earlier then expected.

What makes me laugh most about Palace fans going on about how rich they are is Parish & Co's reluctance to invest in their training infrastructure, instead a trust fund has been set up to pay for a new training ground, as currently they are renting thier existing at high value with the potential of getting kicked off if the landowner ever gets any residential 'hope' value out of it. Tony, of course, well. He recognises that the future of our club needs a modern training ground and academy all on one site, so he just goes out and does it. We'll have diggers moving out on site in July whilst Palace fans will be digging down the back of their sofas and only coming up with empty sweet wrappers.

Anyway, this is getting towards a boring my ada is bigger then your dad argumen so I'll stop. But it will be interesting to see where boths Clubs lie in 5 years time.

D

Deleted member 18477

Coming From a Club who were almost relegated to League 2 a couple of years ago. :rolleyes:

Yea yea walked league 1 last season and now sitting pretty way above palace! That will do for me! Table doesn't lie, palace are shite!!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To be brutally honest about it:
They won a League Cup game away to Manchester United this season.
They won an away game at Brighton this season.
They won promotion to the top flight in 2004.
They won a cup competition at Wembley in the 1990s

In other words, I don't think that's the best line of questioning for us Albion fans to take! Personally, I'm just happy that the Albion are doing well again.

Oh and I completely agree with this, any Palace fan must be pretty happy with the way their Season is going, and the comments made on that BBS thread are a bit pathetic and embaressing (a bit like on here after a loss (or even a win)).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Haven't won in the league for a while have they? F****** useless

Not 9 in a row though....yet.

Albion had 3 in seven days in September, all at home: LDL, goals for 5 against 9.

Palace had 3 up to yesterday: 2 away, one against Premiership champs. WDL goals for 4 against 4. One being an og.

We're still standing..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yea yea walked league 1 last season and now sitting pretty way above palace! That will do for me! Table doesn't lie, palace are shite!!!

I don't think Palace are shite...they aren't that bad....but old danny boy does need to take it on the chin..they have been distracted by this cup thing, that there fans weren't too keen on, earlier in the competition (5k approx against boro)...tbh generally i don't care where they are in the league....more interested in Brighton,,,but when they com on here taking piss i think its only right they are reminded of there current league position and form .....which is LOWER THAN US AND 5 POINTS LESS....so as i was saying they aren't that bad a side...bless

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
oh dear, the table does not lie and it currently shows the Palace in 14th!! its getting worse :)

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Didn't Steve Parish and co. publically state recently that they only became owners reluctantly and that they wish they could become normal fans again? But can't due to the state of the Club.

I guess Bloom was reluctantly put into ownership due to bank funding dropping out for the Stadium but for all intens and purposes he was always going to become Chairman at some point, it was just earlier then expected.

What makes me laugh most about Palace fans going on about how rich they are is Parish & Co's reluctance to invest in their training infrastructure, instead a trust fund has been set up to pay for a new training ground, as currently they are renting thier existing at high value with the potential of getting kicked off if the landowner ever gets any residential 'hope' value out of it. Tony, of course, well. He recognises that the future of our club needs a modern training ground and academy all on one site, so he just goes out and does it. We'll have diggers moving out on site in July whilst Palace fans will be digging down the back of their sofas and only coming up with empty sweet wrappers.

Anyway, this is getting towards a boring my ada is bigger then your dad argumen so I'll stop. But it will be interesting to see where boths Clubs lie in 5 years time.

Yes It will, Us In a New Stadium (Hopefully) with Both of us in The Prem.(See i am Nice)

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
To be brutally honest about it:
They won a League Cup game away to Manchester United this season.
They won an away game at Brighton this season.
They won promotion to the top flight in 2004.
They won a cup competition at Wembley in the 1990s

In other words, I don't think that's the best line of questioning for us Albion fans to take! Personally, I'm just happy that the Albion are doing well again.

I did say anything of note and by that I meant silverware really, some noddy full members cup contrived out of our expulsion from European football means very little to most people and was 20 years ago. In the last 10 years we have 3 league titles and a play off final win under our belts whereas Palace have won a single play off To the Premier league where they lasted one whole season, hardly the stuff of legends for either club but it hardly gives Palace the right to think they are better than us. We have a better stadium and set up now, a better manager, a bigger fan base and larger crowds, are higher in the league and have more financial clout . Yeah they beat us 3-1, can't begrudge them that and they have that goal machine Glenn Murray too, what is it 1 league goal in 9 games? Well done, what a major signing that was, unproven at this level and showing it.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND

Oh Yes i would expect winning the 3rd Division for Brighton fans to see it as an achievement, i mean thats were you were most of the time and also considering you Beat teams like the Mighty Oldham of the park im sure you wouldnt disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here