Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley V Palace

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So after all that, we're STILL 5 points clear of the scum? As you were....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can I just say - Barnsley were incredibly lucky, Palace the opposite and last night's result doesn't change the fact that every game in which Brighton have gained points this season has involved tremendous luck on our part, whereas defeats have been fully deserved. Rather than looking at the Championship league table based on the hated points system, we should instead focus our attention on the 'luck' table, which bases results on whether you deserved them or not. I think you'll find the relative positions of the two clubs will be very different then.

That is quite ridiculous. How on earth can you base judgements on luck. Perhaps Man City are 'lucky' as they have the richest owners? Football has a habit of evening things out, refereeing decisions, 'luck'on the pitch. It's a sign of a good team to keep grinding out results even when not playing well.

And btw, the reports in last night's match said that Barnsley were much better than Palace. Nothing lucky there.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That is quite ridiculous. How on earth can you base judgements on luck. Perhaps Man City are 'lucky' as they have the richest owners? Football has a habit of evening things out, refereeing decisions, 'luck'on the pitch. It's a sign of a good team to keep grinding out results even when not playing well.

And btw, the reports in last night's match said that Barnsley were much better than Palace. Nothing lucky there.
:facepalm: Sarcasm alarm not working? :lolol:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Can I just say - Barnsley were incredibly lucky, Palace the opposite and last night's result doesn't change the fact that every game in which Brighton have gained points this season has involved tremendous luck on our part, whereas defeats have been fully deserved. Rather than looking at the Championship league table based on the hated points system, we should instead focus our attention on the 'luck' table, which bases results on whether you deserved them or not. I think you'll find the relative positions of the two clubs will be very different then.

Maybe this is tongue in cheek - but i think it has to be the most stupid i have ever seen....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I cant stay on the forum for more than 5mins the colour scheme is so horrible!

I'd go one step further and say Palarse's whole colour scheme is disgusting. Two primary colours simply don't go together. That's my honest opinion - looks disgusting on the eye :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't Darren Freeman score the first goal of the Millenium? Or was it Lorenzo Pinamonte?

Well, freeman scored the first goal of 2000 (we had an early kick off).

I'm sure there's an argument that the new millennium didn't start until 2001, though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The radio commentary suggested that Palace were well outclassed last night and have reverted to form. Relegation looms for the Nigels.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unless Messi is wearing it, then it looks good!

Barca's is slightly better over the years as it's often been a purpley blue and a maroony red (you see they've acknowledged themselves that a standard blue with standard red looks shite!) whereas the scum tend to plumb for.... a normall blue and normal red :lol: :sick:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Barca's is slightly better over the years as it's often been a purpley blue and a maroony red (you see they've acknowledged themselves that a standard blue with standard red looks shite!) whereas the scum tend to plumb for.... a normall blue and normal red :lol: :sick:

I applaud your dedication to the hatred of the filth :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'd go one step further and say Palarse's whole colour scheme is disgusting. Two primary colours simply don't go together. That's my honest opinion - looks disgusting on the eye :thumbsup:

This

Vanbrugh college at York university essentially wear a carbon copy of palace's kit and i see it all the bloody time, makes me feel sick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Oh dear.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

:D Such a 'Brighton fan's' post.

"Ooooh darling, those colours soooo don't go with those shoes."

Albion Rob

Ha, ha, I must admit I thought it was for real at first. Looking back:

Donny - 98th minute winner
Peterborough - they squandered loads of chances
Cov, Derby, Forest - how the hell we've nicked nine points from nine I'll never know

That said, you've got to be in it to win it and we clearly did enough on the day - luck or no luck.

:thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:D Such a 'Brighton fan's' post.

"Ooooh darling, those colours soooo don't go with those shoes."

Really? No I didn't mention anyones boots. Just that your club colours don't go well together. But result to your little untrue homophobic insults if my post hurt you that much... PS - Remind me what message board this is?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Really? No I didn't mention anyones boots. Just that your club colours don't go well together. But result to your little untrue homophobic insults if my post hurt you that much... PS - Remind me what message board this is?

Hurt me? Yes, you have enlightened me to the world of fashion and actually, red does not go very well with blue. Hurt to the core..

(It actually made me laugh)

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Ha, ha, I must admit I thought it was for real at first. Looking back:

Donny - 98th minute winner
Peterborough - they squandered loads of chances
Cov, Derby, Forest - how the hell we've nicked nine points from nine I'll never know

That said, you've got to be in it to win it and we clearly did enough on the day - luck or no luck.

:thumbsup:

Indeed. Cotterill is one of the best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) to go on about luck. Time and time again he goes on about how his team dominates games yet loses. Most other managers in work at the moment would probably interpret that more as their attackers not finishing off chances and losing them points, rather than bad luck. 1 shot on target for us on Sat, 1 goal. Tough shit. It happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here