Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away supporters ?

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
This is all horse shite really!
Our allocation isn't 1000, it is 1600 and all those tickets are now sold.

We have been informed that Brighton have made more tickets available for us in addition, which can be bought at DRFC and collected at Brighton on the day, so it sounds like all the seats are now available to us.

I dont remember us having issues like this regarding tickets for the Huddersfield fans when we opened the Keepmoat.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Nah it's just your beer I object to, I was taken to see BHAFC before Rovers funnily enough. No problem with the whippets and flat caps though , you have to go to Barnsley for that. :lolol:
Juslt let me know when its time to start quoting lines from the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch!

DonnyFan82

Jul 27, 2011
LOL, I love how you dream this shit up, mind you, being a shit fan of a shit club living in a shit town I suppose shit is your staple diet. Now be a good boy, I know it's school holidays so why don't you go and have a game of hopscotch at East Croydon station ?

Shit club!! Thats rich really. Especially considering the problems both clubs have faced. Arsehole.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
My only real "complaint" is about P&R, and the need to buy travel vouchers to use it. I'd love to use the P&R but it is nonsense to expect visiting supporters to buy a one off travel voucher, whereas it makes sense for home fans who will go to the Amex regularly. I know this issue is the same for distant BHA supporters too.

I'll find somewhere else to park, Lewes being the favourite and then take the train.

As for the ticketing arrangements, the gradual release of blocks of tickets is normal I believe, and no fan on here is responsible for that. The 1 ticket per STH policy must be something that Doncaster has set?

It now looks like the remaining away section tickets will be available for sale via the DRFC ticket office for collection at Brighton. As seen on the VSC forum:

"Approx 30 tickets left in the office, but have been advised that if we require more we can arrange for them to be collected from Brighton. "

I think the original poster here is a tad frustrated, we're a friendly bunch really!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Now, when I were a lad we didnt have all these ticket and parking problems. My only transport dream were for a pair of roller skates to get me down to Belle Vue, where I'd queue for 3 months, without a crumb to eat, to see a match against Dodworth Miners Wefare (second eleven), at a cost of tuppence h'penny.... including a rat meat pie, and a cup of cold horse piss.
On Saturday, I'll be walking to Brighton (stopping briefly at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, and Melton-Mowbray to change me braces) and if you tried to tell these young uns today, they'd never believe yer!

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Let me assure you that BHA supporters have the utmost respect for the majority of Donny fans. Sadly all clubs have their share of idiots but few people would accept that Mr Viking is typical. Hope you have a safe journey, and enjoy the game just leave us the three points thank you !

Point me to the idiotic part of the post will you please. I'm not an idiot and was trying to point out weaknesses in an early system. There was no abuse intended and I think the world of your fans . I apologise if you have misunderstood my post as being malicious, it certainly wasn't intended that way.
We have put up with poor communication for years, oh bollox what's the point you've misunderstood me clearly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My only real "complaint" is about P&R, and the need to buy travel vouchers to use it. I'd love to use the P&R but it is nonsense to expect visiting supporters to buy a one off travel voucher, whereas it makes sense for home fans who will go to the Amex regularly. I know this issue is the same for distant BHA supporters too.

I'll find somewhere else to park, Lewes being the favourite and then take the train.

As for the ticketing arrangements, the gradual release of blocks of tickets is normal I believe, and no fan on here is responsible for that. The 1 ticket per STH policy must be something that Doncaster has set?

It now looks like the remaining away section tickets will be available for sale via the DRFC ticket office for collection at Brighton. As seen on the VSC forum:

"Approx 30 tickets left in the office, but have been advised that if we require more we can arrange for them to be collected from Brighton. "

I think the original poster here is a tad frustrated, we're a friendly bunch really!
Hopefully next season you'll be able to purchase a travel voucher (if you require one) with your match ticket....it would make life a lot easier :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well done lads a bite at last , I got it all lol. The usual whippets, caps, told to fook off etc. and a load of up their own arses Brighton fans who think only of themselves and not the point I was making.
Well done some of you, you proved my point . Bring on Satdi oh and yep we can tell you exactly how to get to our stadium , where you can drink (everywhere), where you can park and btw we won't try 'dicking' you on tickets either!
Done like criticism do you in your bright new world ? ;)

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, this is all new to us as much as you fella. We get told stuff by the club and the stewards on a regular basis that just ain't true. Ask the disabled supporters. It's not that they set out deliberately to mislead people, but they are just winging it and hoping for the best in a whole lot of areas. Like the laughably long queues for a pie and a pint at the opening ramp-up event. Judge the building on Saturday by all means, but reserve judgement on the way a matchday runs until this fixture next season - always assuming you get promoted alongside us that is... :wink:

Enjoy your visit :thumbsup:

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Hopefully next season you'll be able to purchase a travel voucher (if you require one) with your match ticket....it would make life a lot easier :)

It would be easier if the match ticket itself could be used for travel, ie show it at the station, on the bus etc. Include the extra £1 in the original ticket price.

Someone on here (I believe) did say the when getting planning permission for P&R that away supporters were all expected to arrive by coach or train.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It would be easier if the match ticket itself could be used for travel, ie show it at the station, on the bus etc. Include the extra £1 in the original ticket price.
That's how the club did it when we were at Withdean, it worked very well too. I'm not sure how (or if) the club has justified these travel vouchers being separate to the matchday ticket to be honest....perhaps it was something to do with limited P&R space :shrug:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Now, when I were a lad we didnt have all these ticket and parking problems. My only transport dream were for a pair of roller skates to get me down to Belle Vue, where I'd queue for 3 months, without a crumb to eat, to see a match against Dodworth Miners Wefare (second eleven), at a cost of tuppence h'penny.... including a rat meat pie, and a cup of cold horse piss.
On Saturday, I'll be walking to Brighton (stopping briefly at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, and Melton-Mowbray to change me braces) and if you tried to tell these young uns today, they'd never believe yer!
LUXURY! Now we had it tough......

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Just out of interest I had a peek at the Gillingham website for their ticket news for the game next Tuesday. They also have an "initial allocation" of 1000 tickets. I think that proves the point that away teams get an agreed amount at first, then more if needed up to capacity.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Your complaints were all raised by Albion fans last week at the fans forum.

Were moving from 7000 crowds to 22000 crowds.
It's fair to say that 90% of the clubs decisions have been made to make life as easy as possible for home fans.
Yes getting too & from the Amex is a nightmare but it the same for home & away fans.

How many clubs open up the refreshment bars after the game to let fans have a drink or some food while the rush to
Get home dies down? NONE THAT I KNOW OF

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Your complaints were all raised by Albion fans last week at the fans forum.

Were moving from 7000 crowds to 22000 crowds.
It's fair to say that 90% of the clubs decisions have been made to make life as easy as possible for home fans.
Yes getting too & from the Amex is a nightmare but it the same for home & away fans.

How many clubs open up the refreshment bars after the game to let fans have a drink or some food while the rush to
Get home dies down? NONE THAT I KNOW OF

As I said, apart from the P&R/travel voucher shenanigans, there's no other complaint (well not from me anyway) about the organisation. I am very much looking forward to being part of the first league fixture at your new stadium, and appreciate many teething problems will happen.

At Doncaster you won't need P&R. There is parking at the stadium, a distinct area for away fans too, plus loads of industrial estate parking and a nearby cinema complex.

I agree the post match integration may be new.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm disappointed that it seems that the Albion have not done more to give assistance to Donny fans travelling down. I just hope it's symptomatic of the general workload on the club right now.

I'm sure that the Albion want as many visitors as possible to arrive via coach and train - and very much in that order - but it's inevitable many will wish to use the car and guidance should be given - both out of general courtesy and also to ensure things go as smoothly as possible for everyone attending the game and those who live in the on-street parking areas that may be targeted by those who know no better.

I've bounced the ATC question on this subject - Transport arrangements for Away Fans travelling to the Doncaster Game - it may be too late for Donny fans but I hope we're able to give better official advice to others coming our way this season and beyond.

Jan 30, 2008
Just a note on the treatment of those visiting the Amex in future :-

Please please communicate with us all properly, it's not good form to make the following assumptions..

1) Brighton can give out as many tickets as they feel inclined for a dedicated ''away'' stand. n.b. there are rules concerning 'away' allocations in the npower Championship.
2) Brighton can't assume that EVERY away supporter travels by coach. Every club have both supporters that live in the vacinity of your club or might choose to have weekends in your city that would usually necessitate train/car travel.
3) Brighton should inform 'away' fans and their clubs of parking arrangements. This is common decency to guests .
4) Brighton should never state that they hadn't taken arrangements for 'away' supporters into consideration. This is clearly a huge oversight verging on the disrespectful.
5) Brighton should let the 'away' club know of any changes and updates on ticket arrangements in good time. Again good manners.

Now I understand that it's a new stadium (with years of planning gone into it) and there may have been oversights but please please sort this out for everyone's sake.
It's a beautiful stadium, in a lovely city ..........don't spoil it for others as I fear you have spoilt it for many of our supporters. We at Doncaster Rovers are usually treated with respect whenever we travel by the home support, home club and the police and stewards.
On this occasion we have been treated like tramps knocking on the door of your mansion. We don't deserve that and I really hope that this a teething problem.
Cue the defensive posturing and abuse..............RTID
Doncaster the style capital of Europe ???

Jan 30, 2008
be prepared for visiting fans to try and burst your bubble of pride. I can never understand the schadenfreude bit. Why cant people just be pleased for others?
Sounds soft, i know, but theres really no reason not to.
Legoland, asda store, crappy modern rubbish, soulless, architectural disaster, cold pies, sun in eyes... We've had it all since the km opened. Funny... I still love it.

Oh, btw... I'll start up "shit ground, no fans" if that's ok
you still on here :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here