Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away supporters ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be honest I think he's got a point on the travel side at least. We know the travel arrangements haven't been implemented 100% smoothly (problems with the vouchers, the disabled parking, and the club 'forgetting' that the racecourse park 'n' ride needed planning permission). But I didn't like his tone and his lack of understanding, so f*** him.

Ah well, here endeth the Donny love-in.

EDIT: Just to add that i agree with others Mr Viking. We're just fans who have also experienced some of the teething problems, so you're better off telling the club of your complaints who will I'm sure appreciate the feedback. Seriously.

Last edited:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Yes mate you got the whippets / flat caps comments but meant in good humour. Feel free to throw back the usual "shandy drinking, soft southern jessie" stuff in response!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
As someone else said, we're not the ticket office, ask the club about it, we're merely fans! :D

Additionally, I bet you've got a load of half-truths in those points and it's not all strictly true.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Well done lads a bite at last , I got it all lol. The usual whippets, caps, told to fook off etc. and a load of up their own arses Brighton fans who think only of themselves and not the point I was making.
Well done some of you, you proved my point . Bring on Satdi oh and yep we can tell you exactly how to get to our stadium , where you can drink (everywhere), where you can park and btw we won't try 'dicking' you on tickets either!
Done like criticism do you in your bright new world ? ;)

I've never met a Doncaster fan, but I hope the majority aren't like you.

There has been an awful lot to sort out, including arrangements for the sale of home tickets (much more important to sort out the home fans than the away fans IMHO).
And there has been an awful lot of time in which to sort it.
Is the reason that it is "much more important to sort out the home fans than the away fans" actually because you are a home supporter? Do you take that attitude when you have guests at your house?
Maybe I am missing something here and away tickets are greatly subsidized. Otherwise, I'd have thought that Donny fans' money is as good as yours.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I've never met a Doncaster fan, but I hope the majority aren't like you.

I have met quite a few and I can assure you that they aren't...to be fair, we have quite a few complete and utter choppers of our own who would probably give others the wrong opinion of our average fan...all clubs are like that.

Forget the regional stereotype rubbish, I think the club have gone to great lengths to make opposition fans feel welcome when they visit, but nothing wrong with having a bloody good grumble before you even visit...this will clearly be more than cancelled out by posts from fans who have enjoyed the Falmer experience. As for teething troubles, nobody expects everything to run like clockwork from the off, when you have just tripled the number of fans watching the team it would be unreasonable to expect it all to work perfectly. As for addressing a complaint to the club on a fans bulletin board, I think the mark has been well and truly missed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just a note on the treatment of those visiting the Amex in future :-

Please please communicate with us all properly, it's not good form to make the following assumptions..

1) Brighton can give out as many tickets as they feel inclined for a dedicated ''away'' stand. n.b. there are rules concerning 'away' allocations in the npower Championship.
2) Brighton can't assume that EVERY away supporter travels by coach. Every club have both supporters that live in the vacinity of your club or might choose to have weekends in your city that would usually necessitate train/car travel.
3) Brighton should inform 'away' fans and their clubs of parking arrangements. This is common decency to guests .
4) Brighton should never state that they hadn't taken arrangements for 'away' supporters into consideration. This is clearly a huge oversight verging on the disrespectful.
5) Brighton should let the 'away' club know of any changes and updates on ticket arrangements in good time. Again good manners.

Now I understand that it's a new stadium (with years of planning gone into it) and there may have been oversights but please please sort this out for everyone's sake.
It's a beautiful stadium, in a lovely city ..........don't spoil it for others as I fear you have spoilt it for many of our supporters. We at Doncaster Rovers are usually treated with respect whenever we travel by the home support, home club and the police and stewards.
On this occasion we have been treated like tramps knocking on the door of your mansion. We don't deserve that and I really hope that this a teething problem.
Cue the defensive posturing and abuse..............RTID

And you posted this on the fans' forum (rather than send it to the club) for what reason? ???

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Well... that went down nicely!
I think one of the reasons we were chosen as first up was that we're a nice lot, and not many were expected, The latter is a common mistake based upon another, old stereotype of Doncaster Rovers as a club.
I dont feel used and abused by the arrangements... there are bound to be teething troubles that need sorting out for when big clubs like Leeds turn up. Trouble is, we do have good away support... not as big as The Scum, but pretty good to say we're from a small, poxy, mining town thats stuck in the 1920's.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
And there has been an awful lot of time in which to sort it.
Is the reason that it is "much more important to sort out the home fans than the away fans" actually because you are a home supporter? Do you take that attitude when you have guests at your house?
Maybe I am missing something here and away tickets are greatly subsidized. Otherwise, I'd have thought that Donny fans' money is as good as yours.

Of course it is because I am a home supporter! I'm not saying the club wouldn't welcome the Donny fans' money but they have to prioritise home fans first, afterall these are the customers who they want coming back week after week.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well done lads a bite at last , I got it all lol. The usual whippets, caps, told to fook off etc. and a load of up their own arses Brighton fans who think only of themselves and not the point I was making.
Well done some of you, you proved my point . Bring on Satdi oh and yep we can tell you exactly how to get to our stadium , where you can drink (everywhere), where you can park and btw we won't try 'dicking' you on tickets either!
Done like criticism do you in your bright new world ? ;)

I've never expected it to be a club's job to tell me how to get to a ground or where to drink, a bit of independent research or footballgroundguide tends to do that job.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
I've never expected it to be a club's job to tell me how to get to a ground or where to drink, a bit of independent research or footballgroundguide tends to do that job.

I agree with you. Its difficult to suss out what will be best at Falmer because the facilities are so new. I'll just get there early and hope for the best... like I did when finding places like Forest Green and Leigh RMI. Mind you, this has a chance of being busier.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Are you serious mate? This smells like a wind up to me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes mate you got the whippets / flat caps comments but meant in good humour. Feel free to throw back the usual "shandy drinking, soft southern jessie" stuff in response!

Shut it you soft southern shandy drinking, blouse wearing poof.
:thumbsup:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Just a note on the treatment of those visiting the Amex in future :-

They don't need your support any more mate.When they were after sympathy I am sure they were all friendly but unfortunately they feel they can look down on clubs now.They now have legoland 2 and are new Man. City. don't you know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They don't need your support any more mate.When they were after sympathy I am sure they were all friendly but unfortunately they feel they can look down on clubs now.They now have legoland 2 and are new Man. City. don't you know.

Written in green ink me thinks

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Mate, I'm getting bored with reading your ramblings. As stated it's a new stadium and their are going to be teething problems, we have ticket issues for just about every major game and our stadium is 3 years old.
It was announced when the tickets went on sale that we had 1000 tickets, you should have secured one then, its that simple. If you don't have a season ticket then that's the gamble you take with reduced allocations. The last 2 visits to Brighton we have had 800 ish allocations and not sold out, this year your unlucky, just stop moaning at these people who on the whole have wanted us to have the full allocation from day 1.

How many tickets have you been given.

The last I heard was that you had sold 1000 & we then sent you another 350

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's gonna be one big party, our long awaited new ground party & the start of Donnys season long relegation (2/1 I'm on, big price) party...marvellous

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well... that went down nicely!
I think one of the reasons we were chosen as first up was that we're a nice lot, and not many were expected, The latter is a common mistake based upon another, old stereotype of Doncaster Rovers as a club.
I dont feel used and abused by the arrangements... there are bound to be teething troubles that need sorting out for when big clubs like Leeds turn up. Trouble is, we do have good away support... not as big as The Scum, but pretty good to say we're from a small, poxy, mining town thats stuck in the 1920's.

I would imagine it's probably more based on the fact you'd not brought enough to sell out half of our new away end the last few times you've been to visit. A bit of a misconception give the facilities we had at Withdean but I think we probably did the right think in only sending you 1000 to start with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here