Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrests over homophobia last night

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm not offended if someone calls me that, no.

By the same token, should white people not be offended by terms such as "******" or "paki" then?

I'm not offended if someone calls me that, no.

Quite obviously not.

Would a black person be offended if someone called them a white bastard?

I think the point Edna was making was not that a white person would be personally offended by these terms, but would find the use of the words offensive.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
By the same token, should white people not be offended by terms such as "******" or "paki" then?

Nope. Why would they be? "******" is short for Negro - a valid race. And Paki is short for Pakistani - their country of origin. If these terms are used in a manner intended to cause offense, or out of context (e.g. calling an Indian a "Paki"), that is another matter. It would not upset me, but I know it would some PC types.

Nor do I have a problem with being called "honkey" whitey or any such name.

However, I do take offense at the stories of middle aged men supporting Millwall, who started on our young lads who were minding their own business.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Its not fishing its facts,to many sissy's out there who need to man up as most of us get these comments at work while pi$$ing around.Yes im sorry kids have to hear this,but you will find foul language is everywhere and football is top of the list when it comes to that.

Its not my fault your a prude,grow a backbone like the rest of the soppy gits who can't handle a bit of gay talk thrown at them.People must have really dire lifes if they actually get offended by these comments.

Im sorry but you have missed the point. I was on the station and witnessed the following:

"I'll slit your f***ing throats you gay c***s" whilst spitting at us
"aids c***s, aids c***s, aids c***s"

This was over and over again, directed at individuals by individuals, accompanied by some pretty sickening gestures which i wont go into here.

Now im all for a bit of banter but the family of 4 next to me with kids under the age 10 should never have to put up with this type of vile, digusting and threatening behaviour, at football, on a train station or anywhere else in the world. For you or anyone else to dismiss this in the way you have shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of what went on.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
side note: If we were to chant "your just a town full of pakis" at another team would that be deemed "banter" in the same way as the gay stuff sung at us is? Think not.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
you lot of wimps dont seem to understand , they say and act like they do because no one stands up to them, most away fans come here and take the piss. if we had notorious fans they would think twice about the way they act so now we have to put up with this behaviour on a regular basis ,we live in a nice area in a diverse city which is not to everyones taste , you moan about hommo chanting but say nothing about what your kids see on a certain day in the summer at a local park ' alot of brightonians have moved away because they dont like the way brighton is these days lots of lefty pc brigade moving in . get a backbone and a life instead of moaning ,other fans see these comments on here and when its there time at the amex take the piss even more . not everyones nice in this world not everyone likes each other get over it

Absolutely spot on! I am Brighton born and bread - but I would never return to the twin towns now, other that to watch football. The place is sick.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Im sorry but you have missed the point. I was on the station and witnessed the following:

This was over and over again, directed at individuals by individuals, accompanied by some pretty sickening gestures which i wont go into here.

Now im all for a bit of banter but the family of 4 next to me with kids under the age 10 should never have to put up with this type of vile, digusting and threatening behaviour, at football, on a train station or anywhere else in the world. For you or anyone else to dismiss this in the way you have shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of what went on.

exactly

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Somehow, I think you are picking-up on the wrong point here. Surely it is the threat of physical violence ("i'll slit your f***ing throats..."), and spitting that is most important to clamp down on? The comments about aids must be purely secondary?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly

Absolutely spot on! I am Brighton born and bread - but I would never return to the twin towns now, other that to watch football. The place is sick.

Your loss.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
you lot of wimps dont seem to understand , they say and act like they do because no one stands up to them, most away fans come here and take the piss. if we had notorious fans they would think twice about the way they act so now we have to put up with this behaviour on a regular basis ,we live in a nice area in a diverse city which is not to everyones taste , you moan about hommo chanting but say nothing about what your kids see on a certain day in the summer at a local park ' alot of brightonians have moved away because they dont like the way brighton is these days lots of lefty pc brigade moving in . get a backbone and a life instead of moaning ,other fans see these comments on here and when its there time at the amex take the piss even more . not everyones nice in this world not everyone likes each other get over it

Wrong answer. If you think stooping to their level is the appropriate response you are out of line. I'm sick of this 'macho' attitude, it is the job of the authorities to start dealing with this stuff now. It's 2012 not 1985 and most people are just sick and tired of this bullshit behaviour and the ludicrous 'I'm harder than you' mentality that goes with it.

I'm not going to apologise for being civilised and just wanting to go and watch and support my team. It's perfectly possible to do that generate an atmosphere in the ground and have a good day out with behaving like a f**king moron. I've been going to football since the 1970's so you can spare me the patronising BS about the good old days, when in fact they weren't that great at all at times. I enjoy going to the Amex, I'm glad that it is a good place to watch football, and I couldn't give a shit if some knuckle dragging dick from bermondsey thinks I am a plastic reading or watford fan, I obviously have higher self esteem than them.

If you think football is all about intimidating other fans and spectators I suggest you actually go and get a life and stop being such a social inadequate.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wrong answer. If you think stooping to their level is the appropriate response you are out of line. I'm sick of this 'macho' attitude, it is the job of the authorities to start dealing with this stuff now. It's 2012 not 1985 and most people are just sick and tired of this bullshit behaviour and the ludicrous 'I'm harder than you' mentality that goes with it.

I'm not going to apologise for being civilised and just wanting to go and watch and support my team. It's perfectly possible to do that generate an atmosphere in the ground and have a good day out with behaving like a f**king moron. I've been going to football since the 1970's so you can spare me the patronising BS about the good old days, when in fact they weren't that great at all at times. I enjoy going to the Amex, I'm glad that it is a good place to watch football, and I couldn't give a shit if some knuckle dragging dick from bermondsey thinks I am a plastic reading or watford fan, I obviously have higher self esteem than them.

If you think football is all about intimidating other fans and spectators I suggest you actually go and get a life and stop being such a social inadequate.

support this all the way

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Somehow, I think you are picking-up on the wrong point here. Surely it is the threat of physical violence ("i'll slit your f***ing throats..."), and spitting that is most important to clamp down on? The comments about aids must be purely secondary?

like I said.....accompanied by some pretty sickening gestures. No i dont think it is secondary when its directed DIRECTLY at children.

Just to clarify, the point of my post is try and highlight that it was not "just banter" and people are not being "soppy".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely bang on the money!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you're not gay then why should you be offended,its like someone calling me a black cu*nt even though im white.

Neither are offensive because neither are true???

By that logic, you wouldn't be offended if someone accused you of being a paedophile, in front of the rest of your family. Correct? It's not true so no harm done.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Maybe it's about time you started following Millwall then with the rest of the Knuckle-dragging Dinosaurs? It makes me laugh how the usual suspects always join these Hoolie-type-threads & start spouting off their pig-ignorant, extremist-inspired, macho bollocks. It's high time you & your ilk took their watches to the repairers & got 'em wound on 40 years. Sake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe it's about time you started following Millwall then with the rest of the Knuckle-dragging Dinosaurs? It makes me laugh how the usual suspects always join these Hoolie-type-threads & start spouting off their pig-ignorant, extremist-inspired, macho bollocks. It's high time you & your ilk took their watches to the repairers & got 'em wound on 40 years. Sake.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here