Arrests over homophobia last night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My bad, delete the thread by all means.

I genuinely feel bad for the Millwall fans who are not among the small minority of idiots.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Saw 4 Millwall fans being chucked out at half time, god knows what for but all I heard was 'they can fack right off the 2 bob *****'

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I genuinely feel bad for the Millwall fans who are not among the small minority of idiots.

Agree with feeling sorry for those who came along simply to support their team.

I'm not sure though it's such a small minority who follow them away.

According the the Millwall boards, there were people there last night who are banned from the New Den.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If its just a small minority its about time the "proper" fans started to police themselves and get shot of that minority - little sympathy from me I'm afraid

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
What a sad over PC world this has become.

There are loads of reports about physical attacks on our fellow supporters, including quotes about police "turning a blind eye". What does everyone get up in arms about - a bit of name calling! If there were some actual homosexuals that were called names, then I am sorry, but I am sure that most who were subjected to the pathetic name calling were not, and should not feel offended. The poor kids that were head-butted etc., will all be feeling the actual pain!

D

Deleted member 22389

There are loads of reports about physical attacks on our fellow supporters, including quotes about police "turning a blind eye". What does everyone get up in arms about - a bit of name calling! If there were some actual homosexuals that were called names, then I am sorry, but I am sure that most who were subjected to the pathetic name calling were not, and should not feel offended. The poor kids that were head-butted etc., will all be feeling the actual pain!

It's when the name calling goes past what can be called banter, this is where the problem arises. And again as some supporters have been subjected to this in front of the kids, this is where over steps the mark in my opinion.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Hear hear!!! If you get offended by opposition fans singing 'we can see you holding fans' and 'does your boyfriend know you here' I would suggest football is not the sport for you. Who cares? I think it's just amusing. Has been happening for years and years (was worse when we wore a pink away kit emblazoned with NOBO mid 90's). We didn't hear all of this 'homophobia' rubbish back then......in fact it's only this season......................before it was known as 'banter'. It's not 'homophobia' in my opinion it's mere micky taking out of the stereotype of Brighton.......................the same way for years people have made jokes about the Irish being thick (btw I dont think they are) or Scousers being theives (btw I dont think they are).

I get the feeling such is the sanitised PC world we live in now that given a choice of arresting somebody for assault or for chanting 'does your boyfriend know your here' the Police will always opt for the latter as it ticks the 'diversity' and 'tolerance' boxes and it shows they take 'hate crimes' seriously.

Massive sympathy for anyone who had physical violence inflicted upon them last night by Millwall 'fans' but get a life if you were offended by some 'homophobic' chanting.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
[MENTION=19735]Newshound[/MENTION] has already posted this.

If only [MENTION=19735]Newshound[/MENTION] could speak up for himself and say fixtures

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Hear hear!!! If you get offended by opposition fans singing 'we can see you holding fans' and 'does your boyfriend know you here' I would suggest football is not the sport for you. Who cares? I think it's just amusing. Has been happening for years and years (was worse when we wore a pink away kit emblazoned with NOBO mid 90's). We didn't hear all of this 'homophobia' rubbish back then......in fact it's only this season......................before it was known as 'banter'. It's not 'homophobia' in my opinion it's mere micky taking out of the stereotype of Brighton.......................the same way for years people have made jokes about the Irish being thick (btw I dont think they are) or Scousers being theives (btw I dont think they are).

I get the feeling such is the sanitised PC world we live in now that given a choice of arresting somebody for assault or for chanting 'does your boyfriend know your here' the Police will always opt for the latter as it ticks the 'diversity' and 'tolerance' boxes and it shows they take 'hate crimes' seriously.

Massive sympathy for anyone who had physical violence inflicted upon them last night by Millwall 'fans' but get a life if you were offended by some 'homophobic' chanting.

This!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I can't believe we actually have gimpy fans who report homophobia to the police:lol:all this homophobia shite has been blown well out out of proportion.

Bloody sissy's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It never takes long for people to show up with this attitude. Any time people complain of homophobic abuse people seem to make an assumption it's those chants. 99% of the time, it has nothing to do with them and is about actual homophobic abuse.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?230662-Vitriolic-homophobic-Millwall-fans

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you was a gaylord then you may get offended,but straight people should not be offended by these cock sucking comments etc etc.

There is a line where "banter" becomes abuse. Do you think it's acceptable when it's
a) in front of kids and b) scares them ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports