Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrests over homophobia last night

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hmmm? Don't you ever wonder why Brighton is the only place with a f***ing GREENS MP? It is the people there who are out of step with the rest of the country. Most people don't buy-in to the politicians' PC bollocks.

I don't for the life of me understand why you respond to my post by going on about Brighton having a Green Party MP. Maybe their the new Black or the new Gay hate figure(s) that you can blame society's ills on? Other than that explanation, I'm f***ed if I know what you're saying.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
This sort of chanting never used to bother me. I used to hear it every other week at games, always thought "that's a bit much..." but never did anything.

Now, i've started taking my 6 year old son along to games, it bothers me a lot more. I had to do some careful explaining about the Leeds fans shouting "do you take it up the a***" last week, and tended to talk over any of the more abusive chants. However, I took him to Peterborough the other week, and as we were leaving the ground, one home fan (older, mid-40's, obnoxious) came up to us, pointed at him, and said "I bet you pass him round at half-time to all your pedo mates over there".

First time my son's seen me be violent. Hope it doesn't happen again, or I will genuinely consider stopping taking him to games....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am always amazed that the usual suspects who comment ad nauseum on any thread to do with football related violence by calling people wimps or the like rarely have anything to say on threads to do with the team or players etc. Like many of the Millwall throw backs they are more interested in the confrontation that, unfortunately, surrounds football than the game itself.

Spot on. All of that bollocks has NOTHING to do with football. I'm sure the players think people involved in football violence are utter tossers who have NOTHING to do with the club they pretend to respresent.

Just set up legal fight clubs around the country and let emotionally repressed people take out their frustrations in a safe, legal environment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But on Tuesday I felt momentarily intimidated and pleased to get on a train and doubly pleased no Millwall fans joined my carriage. I was even more concerned for the children - our supporters of the future. We do not want them to get the feeling that the Amex is a dangerous place to go.

SPOT ON 100% 24/7 THIS.

Anyone coming back to this with "well they shudnt go to the footy then" need to F*** the F*** OFF. Your day is GONE. It's GONE. Accept it. Football's for everyone nowadays.

Jan 30, 2008
SPOT ON 100% 24/7 THIS.

Anyone coming back to this with "well they shudnt go to the footy then" need to F*** the F*** OFF. Your day is GONE. It's GONE. Accept it. Football's for everyone nowadays.
really ? sorry to disappoint you but that 's such a short sighted comment

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
really ? sorry to disappoint you but that 's such a short sighted comment

In what way? I don't deny there are still "meet ups", firms, hoolie element etc, but what does it actually have to do with football? Nothing really. Of course football's for everyone.

Why not just set up fight clubs? Serious question.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
This sort of chanting never used to bother me. I used to hear it every other week at games, always thought "that's a bit much..." but never did anything.

Now, i've started taking my 6 year old son along to games, it bothers me a lot more. I had to do some careful explaining about the Leeds fans shouting "do you take it up the a***" last week, and tended to talk over any of the more abusive chants. However, I took him to Peterborough the other week, and as we were leaving the ground, one home fan (older, mid-40's, obnoxious) came up to us, pointed at him, and said "I bet you pass him round at half-time to all your pedo mates over there".

First time my son's seen me be violent. Hope it doesn't happen again, or I will genuinely consider stopping taking him to games....

Has anyone else with young children experienced this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the slow train back to Donny from Leeds a mixed group of 6 middle aged adults who hadn't been to the football were having a bit of a banter with a Leeds fan "Now then , what's happened wi' United ? Losing to the poofs must be bad" To be honest they did look a bit embarrassed when they noticed me and Russ wearing the green and black stripes across the gangway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here