Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk is good enough to play in a top six side, good enough to play Champions League football and good enough for the Euro 2021 squad. If the crazy offer comes in (which I think it will do from Chelsea as their centre backs lack experience and leadership) I don’t think the club will stand in his way (mainly because Ben White has the potential to be even better).

I’m softening myself up for the inevitable anguish of him leaving and trying to accept it before it happens.

Not according to Chris Sutton last night. Nowhere near as good as that goon at Man United, apparently. Brilliant player, 'yes, for Brighton'.

Nothing good ever came out of Sussex, you're forgetting. Sussex is to football what India is to track, and Tanzania is to field. :shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He mentions about 'the manager' meaning Klopp, whatever you think of Klopp, he's a great manager, potentially one of the best out there. And he'll be taking that learnt knowledge to Brighton and furthering his coaching skills!

Exciting stuff to see!

Indeed, he'll pass on all the triggers for a Liverpool type counter press and clues to help with coaching that instant transition the Scousers use when turning defending a set piece into a breakaway attack.

Both characteristics that Potter teams already employ. But it can't hurt to learn more.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Would we stand on his way and ask for an unreasonable amount if he wanted to go though? I would not be comfortable making him stay against his will after the loyalty he has shown so far, with the Fulham blip. Not my money or problem though

I suppose the question is does he want to go? I can imagine Chelsea being tempting as he supported them as a lad, but anyone else I'm not so sure. I doubt Man City or Liverpool would be interested and Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal can be excellent, but equally can be a complete basket case at times and there is no guarantee of Champions League football season on season with any of them at the moment, he'd improve all there defences but would they spend the money required, we know Spurs and Arsenal are tight when he comes to transfer fees. I think they'd all be looking for players younger than Dunk. My major fear was Leicester coming in for him on the back of the Maguire transfer but that never happened, I believe that would have been a good fit for Lewis. I can see Soyuncu interesting a lot of big clubs either this season or next as he's still only 24.

Although the club won't want to stand in his way if he really wants to go, Bloom certainly won't be seen to be dicked on the transfer fee, especially when he knows there is no re-sale value so we can't stick on a decent % on any future sale etc. If Dunky was 2 or 3 years younger then yes I'd fully expect all of the clubs to be snapping our hands off with the experience he now has in the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would we stand on his way and ask for an unreasonable amount if he wanted to go though? I would not be comfortable making him stay against his will after the loyalty he has shown so far, with the Fulham blip. Not my money or problem though

If Spurs, Arsenal, or especially Chelsea came in for him, I'm sure we wouldn't stand in his way. Bearing in mind his age (so not much sell-on value) and the fact that he's unlikely to have a significant international career the fee wouldn't be anywhere near the 'somewhere north of £50M' quoted in another post.
Of course we'd be sad to see him go - but nothing in football stands still forever - or if it does, you get relegated! Standing still in football is basically going backwards.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
If Spurs, Arsenal, or especially Chelsea came in for him, I'm sure we wouldn't stand in his way. Bearing in mind his age (so not much sell-on value) and the fact that he's unlikely to have a significant international career the fee wouldn't be anywhere near the 'somewhere north of £50M' quoted in another post.
Of course we'd be sad to see him go - but nothing in football stands still forever - or if it does, you get relegated! Standing still in football is basically going backwards.

Spot on regarding the fee, those figures for Dunk are not now going to happen for someone who is 30 next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is that Pascal I can hear weeping in the background?

I was thinking the same and Gross has an amazing turn, but it just shows the difference in dynamic, Lallana is looking to get forward and attack. Pascal is usually making space (which he does) for the cross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But don’t forget in all of this, there is the ‘value to us’, which is massive. I think £40m plus add-on’s is a possibility.

Doesn’t he also support Chelsea?

He would instantly improve any top 6 team.

Would it let Duffy back in, as we’d lose a leader as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oh, don't say that! Now we just know that the two NS singing groups will choose one each...

You’ve got hey Jude for Lallana too.
Thank god we can’t go to games or it could be chaos

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But don’t forget in all of this, there is the ‘value to us’, which is massive. I think £40m plus add-on’s is a possibility.

Doesn’t he also support Chelsea?

He would instantly improve any top 6 team.

Would it let Duffy back in, as we’d lose a leader as well.
I hadn't forgotten it - it is irrelevant to what teams will be willing to pay. It's likely to be a depressed market anyway.
Yes, I believe he is a Chelsea fan - that's why I said 'especially Chelsea'.
Yes, he would improve top 6 teams, but I don't think he'd want to move his family up north, so I limited the options to London clubs (he can commute to them).
No, I don't think it would let Duffy back in.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have never suggested that we would or could sign him just that we can dream about such signings as he is far better than any midfielder that we have, although we have yet to see Macallister play for us. To sign such a player would mean us moving up to the next level.
Fully agree with BG here :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BG has last laugh on the Board shock horror... :thumbsup:

Let's face it, BG was always going to have the last laugh on the rest of us.

All we need now is for Samsung to name their next product The Omsong Phine and his legacy will be well and truly secured for all time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hadn't forgotten it - it is irrelevant to what teams will be willing to pay. It's likely to be a depressed market anyway.
Yes, he would improve top 6 teams, but I don't think he'd want to move his family up north, so I limited the options to London clubs (he can commute to them).

Yes good point re northern teams, but there are three he’ll improve immediately.

Maybe £40m is the depressed figure....[emoji2]

Who knows? One thing is there is no way I’m driving him anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bitter or should we be worried? :wink:

Saints fans have no time for the arrogant little pr!ck . When Poch was our manager he used to drag him off after 65-70 minutes as he was not fit enough to continue the pressing game Poch wanted. He is a lot older now so fitness will be an even bigger issue .

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
BG posted so much of this sort of speculation that chances are at least one would come true eventually

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bitter or should we be worried? :wink:

Saints fans have no time for the arrogant little pr!ck . When Poch was our manager he used to drag him off after 65-70 minutes as he was not fit enough to continue the pressing game Poch wanted. He is a lot older now so fitness will be an even bigger issue .

I would worry more about what Potter and Ashworth think. If they want him, I am happy with that.

In fairness, since Potter came in, all our signings have done okay. Nobody can be called a waste of money

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I don’t know what his family situation is but if Man Utd qualify for the Champions League and came in for would he really turn them down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here