Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Undoubtedly. I recall the game at your place, driving down and heading into a pub and dashing straight for the loos as I was bursting.

A chap in a Saints shirt arrived at the next urinal and asked "How many do you think we'll win by today?"

I replied "I reckon it will be an easy two or three nil."

"Yeah, they're just not in out class" he came back with.

I have no words 😂.

We aren’t all twats, I swear.

You’ll find plenty of twats between Brighton and Southampton though...

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Once Bournemouth are down, will Southampton direct their hate at us again, I wonder?

(In terms of teams they can play)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
More concerned about his fitness really

We all know he's a very good footballer

But he needs to be on the pitch regularly for it to be worth it

But he was in the best side, he has been fit all season this and last, he didn't play because there were better players ahead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The ‘hate’ in League one was directed at Adkins’ arrogance rather than at Southampton.

The above poster is right about homophobic abuse. The only worse place than St Mary’s for abuse is Burnley, in my opinion.
Also throwing bricks at the Supporters’s club coach full off pensioners doesn’t go down particularly well with us.

Good post.

I didn’t hate Lambert or Lallana.

Adkins was THE wnkr. The pathetic comment half way through the season. If it was mind games, it completely failed. Then refusing to honour our title.

Karma ....where’s the nobody working now?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His injury history on flashscore disagrees with you

According to that site he's missed 5 games this season, 3 of those were down to illness which has nothing to do with being injured. He's only missed 2 games through injury this season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In the League 1 season, me and a small group of mates were on our way to their ground when a few aggressive Southampton fans got in a couple of my mates faces, properly trying to intimidate them, nothing had happened up to that point. Very close to kicking off.

Think a couple of supporter coaches got bricked going through town or something, I had a mate on one.

Quite a big group of them tried to give it the biggun after the game at Withdean (when we were already champions).

All the hate seemed to be coming from them, not us. Their manager was a wanker, got some dodgy decisions go their way and they didn’t give us a guard of honour. They used to sing ‘We are Southampton, we’re bigger than you’. What sort of twats would sing that!?

Still, we always massively out-sing them at their ground. The 2-2 draw was bloody sweet last season. The look on their faces :lol:

I remember getting a load of shit from their fans outside Preston Park station after the Withdean game when walking back with the wife, so weird and unnecessary. Of course they ran and hid behind the police as soon as someone called them out on their bullshit. Every club has twats like this though, as we all know.

Don't really give a shite either way about them, my beef was with that **** Adkins.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good post.

I didn’t hate Lambert or Lallana.

Adkins was THE wnkr. The pathetic comment half was through the season. If it was mind games, it completely failed. Then refusing to honour our title.

Karma ....where’s the nobody working now?

The away game at Dagenham & Redbridge was fun. Adkins turned up to watch but couldn’t get out without walking down the side of the pitch towards the away end. Cue every Brighton fan singing ‘Keeping up, Are we keeping up’ as he left early. Andy Crosby was behind him with a huge grin on his face.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The away game at Dagenham & Redbridge was fun. Adkins turned up to watch but couldn’t get out without walking down the side of the pitch towards the away end. Cue every Brighton fan singing ‘Keeping up, Are we keeping up’ as he left early. Andy Crosby was behind him with a huge grin on his face.

Two things:

I love the Albion supporter for creating that chant, based on KC & The Sunshine Band’s tune, so apt, one of my all time favourites.

Then when Adkins walked to the Withdean dugout, he looked like he was shitting himself. Facing belligerent, mocking derision from thousands in the south stand. From memory, he may even have taken a short cut across the pitch :lolol:. Huge numbers of stewards lined up along the advertising hoardings.

Blimey, 9 years ago, it feels more recently to me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two things:

I love the Albion supporter for creating that chant, based on KC & The Sunshine Band’s tune, so apt, one of my all time favourites.

Then when Adkins walked to the Withdean dugout, he looked like he was shitting himself. Facing belligerent, mocking derision from thousands in the south stand. From memory, he may even have taken a short cut across the pitch :lolol:. Huge numbers of stewards lined up along the advertising hoardings.

Blimey, 9 years ago, it feels more recently to me.

The best banner I have ever seen - Adkins diet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...i=ZXkdX6jtAfvYgwew0rGYDA#imgrc=mB8PcKGWgBO36M

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol:

Also confirming that he took a short cut, avoiding the track by the Albion fans.

He certainly wanted to get out of there quickly. There was also a great moment before the teams came out, possibly in the warm up where he appeared from the tunnel North West corner - miles away from south stand, but was spotted and ridiculed very loudly - was class!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have no words 😂.

We aren’t all twats, I swear.

You’ll find plenty of twats between Brighton and Southampton though...

It was definitely a one season thing back then sparked by Atkins stupid comments. Never seen much hatred between both sets of fans since. Think Southampton have been brilliant since lockdown too tbh.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
No hatred mate.

Anyone who can't stand Pompey is fine with me, and when Le Tissier was smacking in 30 a season, i'd have probably admitted to Saints being the result I looked for second on teletext.

Given, that we're fairly close geographically, finance-wise and in the league, I think a decent amount of banter is to be expected, especially if we're on each other messageboard. If it crosses past banter you have my apologies along with I expect most Brighton fans

All the London clubs are closer geographically, although if you live in West Sussex I suppose there's a case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here