Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bitter or should we be worried? :wink:

Saints fans have no time for the arrogant little pr!ck . When Poch was our manager he used to drag him off after 65-70 minutes as he was not fit enough to continue the pressing game Poch wanted. He is a lot older now so fitness will be an even bigger issue .

That'll be why they voted him their player of the season in 2014, then.

I had a look at the stats for that season, his last at St Mary's, and although it's true that Lallana was often taken off before the end, it was most often in the 89th minute. Pochettino also disliked him so much that he compared him to Iniesta.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-and-rise-of-the-english-iniesta-9270313.html

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t know what his family situation is but if Man Utd qualify for the Champions League and came in for would he really turn them down?

I don't know either. I'm sure it would be tempting.

I do think though that the three London teams are in more need of Dunk than the three northern teams.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Posted on the other thread but...

Why all the hate towards us? ( saints )

I thought that was all left behind back in the league one days?

Anyway, I don’t think there would be many saints fans pissed off at all about him not joining us, he really isn’t liked by saints fan for how he left ( refusing to play or train ) this was a month or 2 after doing an interview saying he wanted to finish his career with us, was captain etc.

He’s clearly a talent, but don’t think he could cope with the intensity of our game, imo of course.

Good signing for you, and a good contract for him. Hopefully he stays fit and can show you some of the class we had the pleasure of seeing. Will be a good role model for the younger players as well.

He gets a lot of abuse when ever he comes back to st Mary’s, though he’s usually injured when due to play down here.

In reply to some of the comments about how good a season some of our fans think we have had....since October, we have had an incredible season.
After we got beat 9-0, i thought the writing was on the wall. We had our manager offer his resignation ( was rejected by the board ) and we have shown how beneficial it can be to trust the process and let the manager turn it around. Something that doesn’t happen enough these days.

In the form table ( pointless I know ) think we’d be 5th or 6th since October, so yeah.., I would say we have had a good season all things considering.

Congrats on staying up, thought your run in was tough but a couple of good results have seen you safe.
Here’s to a good day, hopefully plucky go down.

Looking forward to my Amex trip next season, depending on the Covid situation. Hopefully in the sun as well....any excuse to post this ...

900F3729-2F42-4BE9-9FCB-CB9948DF9E81.jpeg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't there some stat that you had the worst (or nearly the worst) home record in the league?

And yes, one of the best away ones.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Wasn't there some stat that you had the worst (or nearly the worst) home record in the league?

And yes, one of the best away ones.

Yep...if we only had a half decent home record we’d be challenging for top 6-8 probably. Meant really considering we were piss poor at the start of the season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep...if we only had a half decent home record we’d be challenging for top 6-8 probably. Meant really considering we were piss poor at the start of the season.

I hear you, but that's a bit like us saying if only we hadn't been shit from January onwards last season under Hughton, we'd have finished about twelfth :)

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I hear you, but that's a bit like us saying if only we hadn't been shit from January onwards last season under Hughton, we'd have finished about twelfth :)

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that after I submitted my post...not really sure what point i was trying to make ������

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

]

A pal of mine took his wife and two young daughters to a game at Southampton about that time. All the Brighton supporters walking to the ground were getting dogs abuse from Saints " Fans " including the full repertoire of Homophobic abuse ....Police were in attendance but did not seem to bothered by the abuse..

My pal eventually said to a couple of really loud abusers something like " I don't mind you abusing me with that language but you are wrong about me because this is my wife and these are our two young daughters who should not have to hear this language " ..... One of them said something even worse and my pal lost it... he lamped the Southampton guy and he went down like a sack of spuds he then started screaming for a policeman nearby to do something, the Copper had the good grace to say " Sorry sir, I didn't see anything " and told my pal to move along.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that after I submitted my post...not really sure what point i was trying to make ������

.....and if we'd just managed one more goal in each of those 14 matches we've drawn, we'd be 6th. on GD behind Leicester! Isn't If-Only Land a wonderful place?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
A pal of mine took his wife and two young daughters to a game at Southampton about that time. All the Brighton supporters walking to the ground were getting dogs abuse from Saints " Fans " including the full repertoire of Homophobic abuse ....Police were in attendance but did not seem to bothered by the abuse..

My pal eventually said to a couple of really loud abusers something like " I don't mind you abusing me with that language but you are wrong about me because this is my wife and these are our two young daughters who should not have to hear this language " ..... One of them said something even worse and my pal lost it... he lamped the Southampton guy and he went down like a sack of spuds he then started screaming for a policeman nearby to do something, the Copper had the good grace to say " Sorry sir, I didn't see anything " and told my pal to move along.

That is shocking, but this is a minority I would like to think.
Every club, yours included will have it’s fair share of dickheads that make you cringe.

I’m glad he got lamped though. And fair play to the policemen ( though probably should have acted on language used before hand )

Have to say my trips to the Amex have been pleasant in terms of friendless of your fans.
Can’t say I have enjoyed them all though.

Was it Dan Harding or dean hammond you made cry? Then lambert got sent off? Think we lost 3-0.

Trying to find the photo from the Amex that day, as unrecogniseable to how it looks now, honestly like a different stadium.
I’m digressing, but I do like your stadium apart from the north stand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Anyway, I don’t think there would be many saints fans pissed off at all about him not joining us, he really isn’t liked by saints fan for how he left ( refusing to play or train ) this was a month or 2 after doing an interview saying he wanted to finish his career with us, was captain etc.

He’s clearly a talent, but don’t think he could cope with the intensity of our game, imo of course.

Good signing for you, and a good contract for him. Hopefully he stays fit and can show you some of the class we had the pleasure of seeing. Will be a good role model for the younger players as well.

He gets a lot of abuse when ever he comes back to st Mary’s, though he’s usually injured when due to play down here.

In reply to some of the comments about how good a season some of our fans think we have had....since October, we have had an incredible season.
After we got beat 9-0, i thought the writing was on the wall. We had our manager offer his resignation ( was rejected by the board ) and we have shown how beneficial it can be to trust the process and let the manager turn it around. Something that doesn’t happen enough these days.

In the form table ( pointless I know ) think we’d be 5th or 6th since October, so yeah.., I would say we have had a good season all things considering.

Congrats on staying up, thought your run in was tough but a couple of good results have seen you safe.
Here’s to a good day, hopefully plucky go down.

Looking forward to my Amex trip next season, depending on the Covid situation. Hopefully in the sun as well....any excuse to post this ...

View attachment 126500

The ‘hate’ in League one was directed at Adkins’ arrogance rather than at Southampton.

The above poster is right about homophobic abuse. The only worse place than St Mary’s for abuse is Burnley, in my opinion.
Also throwing bricks at the Supporters’s club coach full off pensioners doesn’t go down particularly well with us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was it Dan Harding or dean hammond you made cry? Then lambert got sent off? Think we lost 3-0.

Harding, he always had a mare against us at the Amex. He was taken off after 40 mins of the 3-0, he was on a yellow that day and was lucky not to have got a second one. He was also subbed off at half time of an appearance for Forest a year or two later, the Amex was not a happy place for Dan.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
The ‘hate’ in League one was directed at Adkins’ arrogance rather than at Southampton.

The above poster is right about homophobic abuse. The only worse place than St Mary’s for abuse is Burnley, in my opinion.
Also throwing bricks at the Supporters’s club coach full off pensioners doesn’t go down particularly well with us.

I would say some saints fans were pretty arrogant also though, and the whole guard of honour thing was ridiculous and probably should have happened.. but before this post gets locked because I’ve run it off course.

Lallana was an ******** to us.
Weeks before he was player of the season, pledged his future to the club then refused to play.
If the rumours are to be believed, he had a lot of people in his ear at St. George’s park...
But if he stays fit, you have a hell of a player.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would say some saints fans were pretty arrogant also though....

Undoubtedly. I recall the game at your place, driving down and heading into a pub and dashing straight for the loos as I was bursting.

A chap in a Saints shirt arrived at the next urinal and asked "How many do you think we'll win by today?"

I replied "I reckon it will be an easy two or three nil."

"Yeah, they're just not in out class" he came back with.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

In the League 1 season, me and a small group of mates were on our way to their ground when a few aggressive Southampton fans got in a couple of my mates faces, properly trying to intimidate them, nothing had happened up to that point. Very close to kicking off.

Think a couple of supporter coaches got bricked going through town or something, I had a mate on one.

Quite a big group of them tried to give it the biggun after the game at Withdean (when we were already champions).

All the hate seemed to be coming from them, not us. Their manager was a wanker, got some dodgy decisions go their way and they didn’t give us a guard of honour. They used to sing ‘We are Southampton, we’re bigger than you’. What sort of twats would sing that!?

Still, we always massively out-sing them at their ground. The 2-2 draw was bloody sweet last season. The look on their faces :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

No hatred mate.

Anyone who can't stand Pompey is fine with me, and when Le Tissier was smacking in 30 a season, i'd have probably admitted to Saints being the result I looked for second on teletext.

Given, that we're fairly close geographically, finance-wise and in the league, I think a decent amount of banter is to be expected, especially if we're on each other messageboard. If it crosses past banter you have my apologies along with I expect most Brighton fans

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
As long as he plays more games than Vicente

It'll be well worth it

Don't know if Mr Bloom would agree though

Edit:last 3 seasons he's played a total of 40 games

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
As long as he plays more games than Vicente

It'll be well worth it

Don't know if Mr Bloom would agree though

Edit:last 3 seasons he's played a total of 40 games

At the current Champions league and Premier league champions, one of the greatest teams to grace the league. The fact he played at all shows what kind of player we're getting.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
At the current Champions league and Premier league champions, one of the greatest teams to grace the league. The fact he played at all shows what kind of player we're getting.

More concerned about his fitness really

We all know he's a very good footballer

But he needs to be on the pitch regularly for it to be worth it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here