Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16,000 When top of the league.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If and when you ever play Man Utd at your place and they score, the noise will be deafening!

Perhaps time to post the famous Cantona Selhurst photograph at this point, featuring the great Frenchman dispensing a little summary justice to one particular Palace moron, in which at least three of the surrounding "fans" are wearing United merchandise of some description.

Going back to the rational, I must admit I'm a little surprised if Palace are only getting 16,000 at present: they seem to do enough promotional offers and marketing, and with the run of form they're on, I'd have thought it would put at least another couple of thousand on the gate. Perhaps people are skint, perhaps they genuinely don't want to go to the worst ground in the division, who knows. After the awful football they got last season, I'd have thought locals would have been all over their current form- maybe Freedman's efforts put people off more than expected.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Do people really think 16000 is that bad? In a second tier division? Not many teams in Europe get that many through their gate in the second tier. What do people honestly think our attendances will be in a few years when the new ground effect has well and truly worn off and the prices rocket? Get real. These threads are pathetic and babyish.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Seeing old clips of the Gaulstone brings back memories, that was a true football ground, bloody good atmosphere, even I was sad to see that place go, you had your heart ripped out of you, went to pikey Gillingham, then the Withdean, normally enough to kill any fan base off, then the head ache with the falmer project, but you pulled through got your new stadium, you're now in the second tier of football,play off possible auto promotion contenders, and are getting good crowds again, well done, yes our ground has seen better days, were getting shit crowds atm,but they are slowly growing, and were playing good football at long last and that helps, which if we can hold out till January, and get a couple in as back up, we can go all the way, hopefully one day we will have a new ground, maybe then we too will fill ours,who knows?, but for now were not filling ours, such is life, you got some good fans on here, who know a lot about football, then like us you have some right dicks, who can only winge about attendances, whether its Withdean or Selhurst, who fu"cking care's,we'll just do our best on the pitch and let the football do our talking, thats both clubs, dont you just love the rivalry :)

Well said that man, a grown up palace supporter (on this board a rarity

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Se20 if you must know i have got adhd

Woah, ADHD doesn't give you Tourette's, nor does it affect your ability to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Stop using it as an excuse to behave like a child. Oh and for the record ADHD didn't stop me becoming a lawyer so no it really shouldn't be seen as 'Special needs'

i don't think 16,000 is that bad

Except it's not 16k - it's considerably less - they average at the moment less than 16k including away supporters (about 1.5k). Plus they count non attending STH's as present - so it is accurate to say that about 13k Palace turn up each week to watch a team currently top of the league.

If some people think that's good then so be it - but compared to us it's not - which is the point being made.

But as we all know - Palace don't care about attendances - I wonder why ? they seemed quite verbose about them a decade a go (how quickly people forget) :lolol: It's an open sore for them and derserves a dig now and then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Except it's not 16k - it's considerably less - they average at the moment less than 16k including away supporters (about 1.5k). Plus they count non attending STH's as present - so it is accurate to say that about 13k Palace turn up each week to watch a team currently top of the league.

If some people think that's good then so be it - but compared to us it's not - which is the point being made.

But as we all know - Palace don't care about attendances - I wonder why ? they seemed quite verbose about them a decade a go (how quickly people forget) :lolol: It's an open sore for them and derserves a dig now and then.

The gap last season would have been even more than 111,222 if we had adopted the the current method of announcing the number of tickets sold. Hopefully we will be at the new 30,750 capacity by the time we play THE SCUM in March to push up the average even more.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Woah, ADHD doesn't give you Tourette's, nor does it affect your ability to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Stop using it as an excuse to behave like a child. Oh and for the record ADHD didn't stop me becoming a lawyer so no it really shouldn't be seen as 'Special needs'

Good post.

Only flaw was your football team then. Bad luck on that one.

Correct. But you have been known to, mid brief, throw yourself on the court floor and line up your Thomas The Tank engine toys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here