16,000 When top of the league.....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's not completely correct though is it? The more people coming, the more revenue, the more money for transfers.

Still doesn't guarantee you extra points though

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Wish everyone would give a rest to the Palace obsession.
They are top of the table playing bloody well and have a gifted player in Zaha and some fellow called Murray who seems to score a few.
Get over it.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
i am just glad we fill our ground and its not a shithole like selhurst

Considering that we helped both Charlton and the old Wimbledon at our "Shithole" when they had to leave their own grounds that's cheap.

Just wonder what would happen if - say - Crawley had to bail out from the Broadfield. I bet you lot wouldn't even bother to answer the phone.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just wonder what would happen if - say - Crawley had to bail out from the Broadfield. I bet you lot wouldn't even bother to answer the phone.

Seeing as Crawley council flat refused us permission to play there instead of gillingham, what do you think?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I see from your in depth attendance analysis, that this seasons difference between us is 53,254, compared to last seasons 111,222.
So the difference this season is half of what it was last season ? And that's with your larger capacity !!
Did you go to the Withdean glory hunter ?

That is a running total :lolol: , by the end of the season the difference is likely to be in excess of 150,000

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Considering that we helped both Charlton and the old Wimbledon at our "Shithole" when they had to leave their own grounds that's cheap.

An interesting point, and I'm sure we would 'answer the phone'.

However the planning permission for the ground only allows a maximum number of football matches a year. If Crawley wanted to groundshare they'd also have to go to the expense and effort of having the planning permission amended and agreed by Brighton and Hove City Council. Not sure the council would be that keen to be honest, even if the albion wanted to assist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hopefully we'd point them in the direction of Withdean

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

We probably wouldn't, they didnt help us in our hour of need. Maybe you guys can pay back some of your administration creditors when you get promoted seeing as you had such a charitable past..

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
What I find annoying, is when people talk about Withdean and how we've gone from 5000 to 25,000. Loving the way how we were expected to sell 25,000 in a 8000 seater stadium. Like Palace would sell an athletics track week in week out.

Shame they can't give us a few more for the 1st. I'm sure they would welcome a further 2k boost to their figures.

Actually really can't understand why 4 blocks are needed for segregation. Take a leaf out of Albions book, treat us like adults and invite us into the home stands for a post match pint!

Northstand Mugs

The Seagulleater
Jun 28, 2012
Se25
Seeing old clips of the Gaulstone brings back memories, that was a true football ground, bloody good atmosphere, even I was sad to see that place go, you had your heart ripped out of you, went to pikey Gillingham, then the Withdean, normally enough to kill any fan base off, then the head ache with the falmer project, but you pulled through got your new stadium, you're now in the second tier of football,play off possible auto promotion contenders, and are getting good crowds again, well done, yes our ground has seen better days, were getting shit crowds atm,but they are slowly growing, and were playing good football at long last and that helps, which if we can hold out till January, and get a couple in as back up, we can go all the way, hopefully one day we will have a new ground, maybe then we too will fill ours,who knows?, but for now were not filling ours, such is life, you got some good fans on here, who know a lot about football, then like us you have some right dicks, who can only winge about attendances, whether its Withdean or Selhurst, who fu"cking care's,we'll just do our best on the pitch and let the football do our talking, thats both clubs, dont you just love the rivalry :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
,we'll just do our best on the pitch and let the football do our talking, thats both clubs, dont you just love the rivalry :)

Yep, amazed that some of our fans are so negative about our chances though, can't wait personally.

The only way I'll join in the negativity is if star jump (copyright Warren Aspinall) Brez is in goal for the game

Northstand Mugs

The Seagulleater
Jun 28, 2012
Se25
were both in a great position to get promoted,so why not, Brighton play some great football, same as we do, we can do it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep, amazed that some of our fans are so negative about our chances though, can't wait personally.

The only way I'll join in the negativity is if star jump (copyright Warren Aspinall) Brez is in goal for the game

I think it's because a lot of us (myself included) were overconfident. I'd be lying if I said THAT defeat at the Amex didn't still hurt:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here