Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16,000 When top of the league.....

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Unfortunately you don't get extra points for getting big crowds, so we'll just have to plough on with our "pathetic" attendances.
In saying that, they are creeping up slowly, obviously not to your magnificent level, but I'm confident that if we continue as we are, they will nudge past 20,000 soon.
Up the Palace !

So you think you can get past the 20,000 mark, when last year you were getting 12,000 crowds. So where are all these 8000+ more Palace fans going to come from? And you've the nerve to call us Plastic :lolol:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ask all the other deluded fans that come on here,sad fuckers that cant keep off,
perhaps they are all 16 year old geeks,most seem to post like them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you think you can get past the 20,000 mark, when last year you were getting 12,000 crowds. So where are all these 8000+ more Palace fans going to come from? And you've the nerve to call us Plastic :lolol:

In fairness every club has fair weather supporters who come out when the going is good and on that score Palace and us are no different as indeed are any club other than possibly the top 6 in the Prem.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
In fairness every club has fair weather supporters who come out when the going is good and on that score Palace and us are no different as indeed are any club other than possibly the top 6 in the Prem.

Agree 100% old boy

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

No, I definitely agree with your post.

The mark of Palace's hardcore support is their attendance when they don't have a league game and people can't use their season tickets. They got about 5k when they played Middlesbro in the Carling Cup last season when we got 17k against Gillingham in the same round. Enough said.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The mark of Palace's hardcore support is their attendance when they don't have a league game and people can't use their season tickets. They got about 5k when they played Middlesbro in the Carling Cup last season when we got 17k against Gillingham in the same round. Enough said.

Difference, we still had "the new ground effect"
You're obsessed chap.

Nov 15, 2012

You couldn't sell out Withdean some weeks, I honestly cannot believe you have the cheek to go on about our attendances? :facepalm: I guess that's because you have nothing else to go on as on the pitch we are doing pretty damn well aren't we! :lolol:

By the way, are you a JCL? You signed up on here in 2011 so I'd say you are.

P.s 5 or 6 Palace threads on this boards 1st page, most of them started by Albion. In comparison, take a look at the BBS, there's been about 3 Brighton related one's started by us in the last month. Embarrassing.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
What 12k extra put their hand in their pocket to see a new ground ? - behave.

If that game had been played at withdean we'd have got 4k absolute tops, same as if the scummers had a brand new stadium they were have got another 10k easily.
Don't get me wrong, I hate Palace as much as anyone, but this obsession with their attendances is gay to say the least. Results are what matter ultimately so let's just hope it's us with bragging rights on the 1st !

You couldn't sell out Withdean some weeks, I honestly cannot believe you have the cheek to go on about our attendances? :facepalm: I guess that's because you have nothing else to go on as on the pitch we are doing pretty damn well aren't we! :lolol:

By the way, are you a JCL? You signed up on here in 2011 so I'd say you are.

P.s 5 or 6 Palace threads on this boards 1st page, most of then started by Albion. In comparison, take a look at the BBS, there's been about 3 started by us in the last month. Embarrassing.

Take a look on the BBS Away End- Nearly every thread is Albion related.

As explained before re Withdean - most years spent there were in League One & Two and capacity was about 85% full - only dragged down by poor away attendances (such as Palace who failed to sell out a 700 allocation).

In case you missed it we finished 10 points & 7 places above you in last seasons FINAL table - this years has yet to be finalised and we will be above you when it is. IMO.

Have you just started supporting Palace as I note you joined this month or did you grow a pair when you started winning ?

If that game had been played at withdean we'd have got 4k absolute tops, same as if the scummers had a brand new stadium they were have got another 10k easily.
Don't get me wrong, I hate Palace as much as anyone, but this obsession with their attendances is gay to say the least. Results are what matter ultimately so let's just hope it's us with bragging rights on the 1st !

You worry about the results and leave the attendance thing to me - I've got it covered.:thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You worry about the results and leave the attendance thing to me - I've got it covered.:thumbsup:

I see from your in depth attendance analysis, that this seasons difference between us is 53,254, compared to last seasons 111,222.
So the difference this season is half of what it was last season ? And that's with your larger capacity !!
Did you go to the Withdean glory hunter ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I see from your in depth attendance analysis, that this seasons difference between us is 53,254, compared to last seasons 111,222.
So the difference this season is half of what it was last season ? And that's with your larger capacity !!

Do you go to selhurst?

Do you buy your tickets on groupon?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You've had one more home match than us. Typical palace, can't count.:rolleyes:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately you don't get extra points for getting big crowds, so we'll just have to plough on with our "pathetic" attendances.

That's not completely correct though is it? The more people coming, the more revenue, the more money for transfers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I don't think you've quite got the idea of the game have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here