Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16,000 When top of the league.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's because a lot of us (myself included) were overconfident. I'd be lying if I said THAT defeat at the Amex didn't still hurt:(

The game that we went into as red hot favourites?

Anything can happen in a derby, form book often goes out of the window as it did at the Amex last season. A 0-5 or a 5-0 or even a nil nil draw is a possibility.

A derby game can end in real heartbreak or total joy but you have to go into it thinking you will win. I hope that none of the players are feeling this negativity and that Gus now realises that THIS is the big one not Southampton.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Seeing old clips of the Gaulstone brings back memories, that was a true football ground, bloody good atmosphere, even I was sad to see that place go, you had your heart ripped out of you, went to pikey Gillingham, then the Withdean, normally enough to kill any fan base off, then the head ache with the falmer project, but you pulled through got your new stadium, you're now in the second tier of football,play off possible auto promotion contenders, and are getting good crowds again, well done, yes our ground has seen better days, were getting shit crowds atm,but they are slowly growing, and were playing good football at long last and that helps, which if we can hold out till January, and get a couple in as back up, we can go all the way, hopefully one day we will have a new ground, maybe then we too will fill ours,who knows?, but for now were not filling ours, such is life, you got some good fans on here, who know a lot about football, then like us you have some right dicks, who can only winge about attendances, whether its Withdean or Selhurst, who fu"cking care's,we'll just do our best on the pitch and let the football do our talking, thats both clubs, dont you just love the rivalry :)

Palace fan talking sense shocker.

Great post :thumbsup:

Seeing old clips of the Gaulstone brings back memories, that was a true football ground, bloody good atmosphere, even I was sad to see that place go, you had your heart ripped out of you, went to pikey Gillingham, then the Withdean, normally enough to kill any fan base off, then the head ache with the falmer project, but you pulled through got your new stadium, you're now in the second tier of football,play off possible auto promotion contenders, and are getting good crowds again, well done, yes our ground has seen better days, were getting shit crowds atm,but they are slowly growing, and were playing good football at long last and that helps, which if we can hold out till January, and get a couple in as back up, we can go all the way, hopefully one day we will have a new ground, maybe then we too will fill ours,who knows?, but for now were not filling ours, such is life, you got some good fans on here, who know a lot about football, then like us you have some right dicks, who can only winge about attendances, whether its Withdean or Selhurst, who fu"cking care's,we'll just do our best on the pitch and let the football do our talking, thats both clubs, dont you just love the rivalry :)

If you can't see that the attendances is part of the rivalry then you are one of the dicks yourself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you can't see that the attendances is part of the rivalry then you are one of the dicks yourself.

Bragging rights on attendances is about 10% as important as actually winning imo :shrug:

yeah we're getting tired of it too, i'm old school, so i'm not gonna say anything nice about you lot, but just on the attendances though, I think if we were still at a (20,000 capacaty) Goldstone, and were top of this division we'd probably get about 15,000 meanwhile if you were in a shiny new state of the art stadium you'd get about 23-24,000. I might be wrong it's anyone guess

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Agree with this...we've lost a lot of fans over the years for a number of reasons, and it's hard to entice new fans to come because there are bigger and better options elsewhere in London. Our crap stadium certainly doesn't help, people are attracted to good facilities if they are paying good money. A new ground would make a difference like you guys, but bottom line is if Brighton were based in London, their crowds wouldn't be what it is now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

f*** me that's a long sentence.

I give a massive shit about attendances. Current average attendances mean we make 4-5m a year more than Palace in ticket sales alone - this will surely count on the pitch in the long run.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
another palace thread , thats a relief , only 5 of the first 8 are at the moment.

We are looking tin pot
another one???

i know i don't have to comment if i don't like it blah blah blah but we look so tinpot
Will all you whingers about the number of Palace threads give it a f***ing rest. So what if people want to discuss Palace. They are the club we have the most rivalry with, and after a couple of decades of having to scrape by, we are now able to compete again. We're doing well, Palace are doing well, and there's a great derby coming up in under 2 weeks, yet you'd all rather we discuss (taken from the other threads at the top of NSC):
Where in the world are you
Lua Lua court date
Speed cameras
Warren Aspinall
Dougie @ Bolton
Cavity wall insulation

If that's what you'd rather discuss, go and post on those threads and leave these ones be. What is tinpot about talking on a football forum about your rival? I imagine Utd forums have threads on Liverpool when they win yet another title.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will all you whingers about the number of Palace threads give it a f***ing rest. So what if people want to discuss Palace. They are the club we have the most rivalry with, and after a couple of decades of having to scrape by, we are now able to compete again. We're doing well, Palace are doing well, and there's a great derby coming up in under 2 weeks, yet you'd all rather we discuss (taken from the other threads at the top of NSC):
Where in the world are you
Lua Lua court date
Speed cameras
Warren Aspinall
Dougie @ Bolton
Cavity wall insulation

If that's what you'd rather discuss, go and post on those threads and leave these ones be. What is tinpot about talking on a football forum about your rival? I imagine Utd forums have threads on Liverpool when they win yet another title.

First time i moaned about a palace thread as was kids on wind up yesterday and FYI i didnt post in any of those threads other than Aspinall

but carry on mate

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
palace should be filling there shithole as they are top of the league but there not oh well who cares

You do!! I was there with the rest of our crowd. Fortunately our fan base is loyal, under every coat is a Palace fan at heart-how many 'BHAFC fans' are wearing another teams colours in their heart whilst watching you? The attendance stick you keep trying to beat us wih is looking a tad withered. Good thing is, if we only had a thousand turn up, we would still have a better atmosphere than the Amex.We outsang you at yours, infact that's a little unfair, our away fans outsing every club we go to, you only need to look at their forums. If and when you ever play Man Utd at your place and they score, the noise will be deafening!
When you come to Shithurst (yes i hate our ground too), sing that 'You burnt you're own town' ditty, sincerely, i've never laughed so much.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see from your in depth attendance analysis, that this seasons difference between us is 53,254, compared to last seasons 111,222.
So the difference this season is half of what it was last season ? And that's with your larger capacity !!
That is a running total :lolol: , by the end of the season the difference is likely to be in excess of 150,000
:lol: what an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

You can stay. If we limited Palace posters to an away end, we wouldn't get sensible away posters either.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's been done to death this subject but I still think there are quite a few stragglers who aren't convinced that we'll stay within the promotion places. Granted I've only been to/seen a handful of games this season but the turn around has been remarkable and we really do appear to be a different side this season.

If we're in this position come January, I expect we'll be hitting the 18/19,000 mark. It's not fantastic but there are plenty of Premier League "fans" living in Sussex so how many must there be in London/Surrey?

We won't get crowds similar to yours until we get a new stadium and there's no way you'd be getting 25k at The Goldstone so why should we at Selhurst?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I give a massive shit about attendances. Current average attendances mean we make 4-5m a year more than Palace in ticket sales alone - this will surely count on the pitch in the long run.
Without doubt. Both sides like taking the piss out of each other. It takes two to argue (I'm working on a formula to argue on my own) so while Palace fans like to brag about their time in the 2nd division, Brighton fans like to talk about admin - it's not going to stop.

You do!! I was there with the rest of our crowd. Fortunately our fan base is loyal, under every coat is a Palace fan at heart-how many 'BHAFC fans' are wearing another teams colours in their heart whilst watching you?
Not many I doubt. You're criticising Mark for talking about attendances, but you're joining in with claims of how loyal they are.

The attendance stick you keep trying to beat us wih is looking a tad withered.
As is this nonsense about our fans not being loyal.
Good thing is, if we only had a thousand turn up, we would still have a better atmosphere than the Amex.
That's just ridiculous. When we went to Selhurst last year I was prepared to encounter a cauldron of Palace noise, and I was shocked to find a half empty stadium with no atmosphere.
We outsang you at yours, infact that's a little unfair, our away fans outsing every club we go to,
No you didn't. This was discussed at length here last year. Those towards the north stand couldn't hear the Palace fans (until the 80th minute) and those near the south stand couldn't hear the north stand. You were quiet until the comeback.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
The mark of Palace's hardcore support is their attendance when they don't have a league game and people can't use their season tickets. They got about 5k when they played Middlesbro in the Carling Cup last season when we got 17k against Gillingham in the same round. Enough said.

Well done on that.
How far did you get in the league cup?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here