Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16,000 When top of the league.....

Cakey86

Oct 1, 2012
Does this mean the nigels will struggle to get 20,000 against us again! Pretty shocking considering yesterday there must have been what 1,500 derby fans. If the 'massive' club:lolol: do manage to scrape together 20k for us then surely they have to be considered more plastic then any of our 24,000 plus who the majority are there week in week out not just for the pikeys at home.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
another palace thread , thats a relief , only 5 of the first 8 are at the moment.

We are looking tin pot

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Seriously though,they'ed used to get big gates back in the 70's

What's happened to their fan base

Didn't they get 50k for the Burnley match,when they nicked the title from us?

Cakey86

Oct 1, 2012
Need a big crowd for this one though surely as last years atmosphere was nothing like the 1-0 well thats what i thought anyway

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seriously though,they'ed used to get big gates back in the 70's

What's happened to their fan base

Didn't they get 50k for the Burnley match,when they nicked the title from us?

They've lost a lot of new fans to the premier league London clubs. I must admit to feeling a little sorry for them in that respect. Their traditional fanbase is now either at Stamford Bridge or watching Sky. Their decrepit stadium doesn't help. We are more fortunate in that we are relatively far from other clubs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Weird. That Palace are top of the league is being used as part of stick to beat them with.

Crazy.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
to be fair, its probably all the palace fans with albion names that are starting all these threads. cant imagine actual albion supporters being THIS obsessed with palace.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
They've lost a lot of new fans to the premier league London clubs. I must admit to feeling a little sorry for them in that respect. Their traditional fanbase is now either at Stamford Bridge or watching Sky. Their decrepit stadium doesn't help. We are more fortunate in that we are relatively far from other clubs.

So their 'new' fans are paying a grand a year minimums at Chelsea or arsenal after waiting on a list for 5 years...? I don't think so.... Now if local rivals Millwall & charlton were in top flight there would be half an argument....last time we were topping this div in a threadbare ground out minimum for the season was 18k....14k exc Derby on a sat while on top is pathetic

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Does this mean the nigels will struggle to get 20,000 against us again! Pretty shocking considering yesterday there must have been what 1,500 derby fans. If the 'massive' club:lolol: do manage to scrape together 20k for us then surely they have to be considered more plastic then any of our 24,000 plus who the majority are there week in week out not just for the pikeys at home.

Am I alone in thinking that I really don't care!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Unfortunately you don't get extra points for getting big crowds, so we'll just have to plough on with our "pathetic" attendances.
In saying that, they are creeping up slowly, obviously not to your magnificent level, but I'm confident that if we continue as we are, they will nudge past 20,000 soon.
Up the Palace !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately you don't get extra points for getting big crowds, so we'll just have to plough on with our "pathetic" attendances.
In saying that, they are creeping up slowly, obviously not to your magnificent level, but I'm confident that if we continue as we are, they will nudge past 20,000 soon.
Up the Palace
!

Have you still got the well supported clubs other than Brighton to visit you and bump the crowd up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here