Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Teacher Asks You To Do Homework on a Person Who Has Changed The World

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
you know full well who i meant , you just wanted to show how right on you are , and you were pretty transparent in your efforts as well.

Actually, you're wrong. I assumed you were referring to black african leaders, initially. And you weren't, so its as well I asked.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't mind putting up with the Niggers and the Chinks, even the Irish, but I'll have no Blackfish peddled here :ohmy:

You forgot the Pakis.....................

But I`m with you on this.

ps where were you on the Save our Hallibut march on saturday.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't really know anything much about those other 3 as they did nothing for me.

But this fine gent made me laugh alot so I nominate him.

SmethurstWalkerMOS_468x514.jpg

I'm sure his performance did alot for breaking down barriers.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I would choose Adolf Hitler to be honest, or Gandhi. It needs to be about a balanced view of someone who has done something which has had an ongoing effect on history, and actually changed it, not someone who is being picked as a trite figurehead for the school to tick boxes with. This is a PSHE lesson on racial equality, but the teacher has picked up on the changes made to society by black people, and as such is guiding them down a route of his/her choice and not the route that the QCA envisions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are ten years old in an SE London junior school. You are given the choice of

Rosa Parks
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela

Who do you chose? Or do you say oh I would prefer to do something else there is obviously a racial agenda to this, is this any way for ten year olds to be educated? Or do you just get on with it oblivious to how you at TEN, are being manipulated by well meaning but idiotic racists.

Anyone who cares to tell me this isnt happening all over London and we are lucky to live in such a tolerant society and oh how smugly say we are streets ahead of America in our enlightened race relations, if so please feel free to state your reasons for these views below.

...and there we were thinking the UK is being dumbed down. Hats off if at the age of ten kids are this far advanced with their learning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the post said "you have to remember that up until recently mugabe was something of a god in the continent due to his political successes" to which i replied " it proves how f***ing short sighted some of them are " , i would have thought that anyonewith a modicum of intelligence would have reallised that "them" meant the people who live in the said continent , i.e africa, i.e black people, perhaps you did really but used it as an opportunity to flaunt your right on credentials, with a nudge nudge wink wink type of post, using phrases like "dark skinned types" to gain the attention of fellow twisted up with guilt middle class liberals.

Letting off steam again?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You are ten years old in an SE London junior school. You are given the choice of

Rosa Parks
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela

Who do you chose? Or do you say oh I would prefer to do something else there is obviously a racial agenda to this, is this any way for ten year olds to be educated? Or do you just get on with it oblivious to how you at TEN, are being manipulated by well meaning but idiotic racists.

Anyone who cares to tell me this isnt happening all over London and we are lucky to live in such a tolerant society and oh how smugly say we are streets ahead of America in our enlightened race relations, if so please feel free to state your reasons for these views below.

I don't understand the problem here.

In my local nursery school, out of 70 children in reception age 5, 2 are white british, the rest are african, caribbean, turkish, kurdish, european.

So what's wrong about a dedicated month, highlighting to all children that our world, our history does not just revolve around a powerful nation of 60 million people but encompasses 3bn people of which africa and the indian sub-continent makes up half of the world population.

My daughter recently attended assemble's covering Eid, Diwali, Harvest Festival, what a balanced education she will have and she will be a greater person for it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think problem only occurs when a short-list is, as in this case, EXCLUSIVELY one race, i.e. black.

I wouldn't be overly happy as a parent if my child had an all-black list to choose from because it DOES look like an educational agenda.

Kids school time is precious and already not enough time is spent teaching kids about nutrition and health issues, community and respect. I'd rather my child learned about this stuff than who the hell Rosa Parks was.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Where are the British black role models? (sport and entertainment mostly)

good question. except why do they need to be taught about role models based on ethnicity in schools? Teaching or a curriculum based in the slightest on race should have no place in schools. Schools are not here to help address what teachers believe to be self esteem issues with certain communities.

2) Why would 10yr olds even have a concept of these people

why not? What benefit it is to them to know that a woman in America refused to be segregated on a bus is debatable. If the reason for teaching that is that it was an important moment in the civil rights struggle then fair enough. If it is taught because teachers think that children need race-specific teaching then its f***ed UP.

3) Are people idiotic racists for wanting children to learn about Mandela and Martin Luther King

No. They are idiotic racists for thinking that children should have curriculums and activities designed around their skin colour.

4) How are we streets ahead of America with our enlightened race relations?

Someone on here mentioned how great is was we did not not have racially divided educational establishments unlike the US, the other day. We do, to all intents and purposes.

5) What is your racial agenda Spanish? - Should Kids in the UK only learn about WASP's (White Anglo Saxon People)

I have no agenda apart from opposing racist or at least race-specific teaching in primary and junior schools, and the political manipulation of small children (see my post re the recent Barack Obama assembly).

6) What can we do to help black children achieve higher grades?

I have not got a clue how that happens. Perhaps accepting it is an extention of a general socio-economic disadvantage that is broader than just affecting people of one skin colour might be a start. All I know is that constantly telling people they are wronged victims stuck in their persecutors land is not helping very much.

I am not a spaghetti knitting Guardianista and there are extreme opinions on both sides. My wife is a teacher and I appreciate the role that education plays and but the fact is there are always people pushing their own agenda but discussing black role models as long as it is in a diverse curriculum is not an issue.

Fair enough I am talking about a very specific part of the world where there are no matter what Lord Thingumy tells me, highly politicised teachers have certain agendas. This is a school that had a walk out over issues with school photographs and different lighting being used for different skin tones of children. Like many local schools it has descended into race-obsessed madness. It is far from unique.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
In my local nursery school, out of 70 children in reception age 5, 2 are white british, the rest are african, caribbean, turkish, kurdish, european.

So what's wrong about a dedicated month, highlighting to all children that our world, our history does not just revolve around a powerful nation of 60 million people but encompasses 3bn people of which africa and the indian sub-continent makes up half of the world population.

My daughter recently attended assemble's covering Eid, Diwali, Harvest Festival, what a balanced education she will have and she will be a greater person for it.

This cheers me up, no agenda just a well balanced and interesting education. You are right London Calling when you say there is nothing wrong with a dedicated month as long as it is part of diverse and non divisive curriculum

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Essentially black people are very different to us so I feel we should study them from an anthropological stand point rather than an historical one.

For what it's worth (not a great deal) I went to a SE London council run school when I was 10 and did a big project on Sir Francis Drake. Had a visit to the Golden Hind and the Maritime Museum at Greenwich too which was very inspiring I have to say.
However, I would not have minded if part of my education was to study the black role models mentioned. I have been through the UK education system from nursery to university and don't think I ever studied any major non European or non-white figures. We have to accept that there is a problem with the black youths living in this country, evidenced by their populous in our prisons. Maybe by offering them role models they can relate and aspire too will give them the belief that they can acheive in society. And if the rest of the kids get to study figures like Mandela in the process surely this is a good thing. I really don't understand the anger coming from The Spanish and others on this.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For what it's worth (not a great deal) I went to a SE London council run school when I was 10 and did a big project on Sir Francis Drake. Had a visit to the Golden Hind and the Maritime Museum at Greenwich too which was very inspiring I have to say.
However, I would not have minded if part of my education was to study the black role models mentioned. I have been through the UK education system from nursery to university and don't think I ever studied any major non European or non-white figures. We have to accept that there is a problem with the black youths living in this country, evidenced by their populous in our prisons. Maybe by offering them role models they can relate and aspire too will give them the belief that they can acheive in society. And if the rest of the kids get to study figures like Mandela in the process surely this is a good thing. I really don't understand the anger coming from The Spanish and others on this.

I agree with you I have to say,

The attitude of "Why should my precious Tabatha have to learn all about those scary Black people, the school has an agenda, Oh No"

Yeah, the school does have an agenda, to teach your kids not to grow up to be as narrow minded as you!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I agree with you I have to say,

The attitude of "Why should my precious Tabatha have to learn all about those scary Black people, the school has an agenda, Oh No"

Yeah, the school does have an agenda, to teach your kids not to grow up to be as narrow minded as you!

Racist. You f***ing hate white people don't you? Admit it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here