Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Teacher Asks You To Do Homework on a Person Who Has Changed The World

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
But all irrelevant to my point which was that there was some shared heritage and experience between the west indians now living in London and the black people living in US.

So can't poor whites share in that heritage. What about the ancient Britons being draged to Rome as slaves then

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

back to square one then....... Louis Pasteur ?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
So can't poor whites share in that heritage. What about the ancient Britons being draged to Rome as slaves then

Course they can. Still doesn't mean there is no shared heritage between the slaves shipped to West Indies from Africa and the slaves shipped to the USA from Africa does it? Which was, afterall, the point I was making.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
We can all be brilliant with the benefit of hindsight but not many people would have expected Mugabe to go the way he has.

The first thing Mugabe did on gaining power was to bring in a brigade of North Korean mercenaries who slaughtered 30,000 of his opponents. He was an evil tyrant from the word go - but we couldn't exactly topple him having just given him power, that wouldn't have looked very good would it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
LETS GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT ON THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW.

there are two sides here as is the norm on NSC.
You must akin yourself to the ****** hating - lets ave a lynching - right wing racists or the sandal wearing, liberal (let out the puedos) do- gooder ,cardigan wearing real ale drinkers.

Anybody else is wasting their time here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the post said "you have to remember that up until recently mugabe was something of a god in the continent due to his political successes" to which i replied " it proves how f***ing short sighted some of them are " , i would have thought that anyonewith a modicum of intelligence would have reallised that "them" meant the people who live in the said continent , i.e africa, i.e black people,.

Right, so you are referring to all the peoples of Africa. Okay, at least we're clear now. [if we ignore the arabs, moors, most of North Africa, of course...]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

back to square one then....... Louis Pasteur ?

Eve................... bitch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
bugger, we're all going to burn now....

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Course they can. Still doesn't mean there is no shared heritage between the slaves shipped to West Indies from Africa and the slaves shipped to the USA from Africa does it? Which was, afterall, the point I was making.

What about the African slaves in Arab countries do they have a shared heritage with those in the west indies and the US.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All I said was this piece of halibut is good enough for mohammed.

hey, where did you get the Halibut ? theres a ban on Long Lined Halibut...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You are ten years old in an SE London junior school. You are given the choice of

Rosa Parks
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela

Who do you chose? Or do you say oh I would prefer to do something else there is obviously a racial agenda to this, is this any way for ten year olds to be educated? Or do you just get on with it oblivious to how you at TEN, are being manipulated by well meaning but idiotic racists.

Anyone who cares to tell me this isnt happening all over London and we are lucky to live in such a tolerant society and oh how smugly say we are streets ahead of America in our enlightened race relations, if so please feel free to state your reasons for these views below.

1) Where are the British black role models? (sport and entertainment mostly)

2) Why would 10yr olds even have a concept of these people

3) Are people idiotic racists for wanting children to learn about Mandela and Martin Luther King

4) How are we streets ahead of America with our enlightened race relations?

5) What is your racial agenda Spanish? - Should Kids in the UK only learn about WASP's (White Anglo Saxon People)

6) What can we do to help black children achieve higher grades?

I am not a spaghetti knitting Guardianista and there are extreme opinions on both sides. My wife is a teacher and I appreciate the role that education plays and but the fact is there are always people pushing their own agenda but discussing black role models as long as it is in a diverse curriculum is not an issue.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here