Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Teacher Asks You To Do Homework on a Person Who Has Changed The World

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We can all be brilliant with the benefit of hindsight but not many people would have expected Mugabe to go the way he has.

Yes. His struggle in Africa gave the continent much of the outlook it has today. We should all remember Mr Smith and his erroneous friends - and I mean us in that - around the world who gave legitamatacy to all those regimes.
If the last few years could be removed (I know thats selective editing )
then Mugabe could have taken his place on the highest pedestal for black political heroes of our time.
From that history came the reluctance to criticise from other African leaders.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Should the people chosen also be dependent on the ethnic mix in the class? So Lech Walesa for the classes with loads of Polish kiddies?

This is what is happening. The school is approx 90% black. This happens all the time. It's not like I don't understand, it it just pisses me off when

a) I am told this is not happening, and there is no focus on black related subjects or people from history irrespective of it being black history month or not (see hour long very even handed special assembly about Barack Obama for children aged 4 and upwards prior to him even being elected, for further details)

b) people failing to understand (or at least deliberately ignoring due to not wishing to deal with the fact) how divisive this is and alienating, exactly the type of issues raised by some people as reasons why some black children fail in education due to the curriculum being eurocentric.

c) people on here claiming that these people are professionals and know what they are doing. 40 odd years of difficult race relations and these people are the experts! Come on. They are well meaning and are trying to cope with social changes and issues that are well beyond their remit, and they are in many cases doing untold damage. The arrogance displayed that what they are teaching is right, and will benefit society, almost beggars belief in its stupidity, in some cases.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
which proves how f***ing short sighted some of them are .

I have it on good authority that Mugabe is Long Sighted with a slight astigmatism in his right eye

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
how exactly am i supposed to phrase it ? is "them" a racist term now ? am i not allowed to mention black people without gushing praise or eulogies about how wonderful they are , if you had grown up in south london , or any area with a high afro caribbean populaton im fairly certain you wouldnt be so twisted up with the middle class guilt that you so obviously are.

You might need to differentiate between Leaders of African States or people from Afro/Caribbean heritage who reside in Sarf London then.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry bushy, but as Mr Q says above, I have NO idea who 'they' are from your posts. Is it the African leaders who supported him, or those dark skinned types generally.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I bet you the asians are getting a bit miffed with this black history

There's a point in there. Chinese History Month? Indian History Month? There would be a lot of ground to cover for these significant populations in Britain. But no, we import some crap overcompensation scheme from the US, with a vastly different black experience to the UK's. Coming over to drive a bus of your own volition is not the same as being shipped to Alabama to pick cotton in chains. This country is round the twist, and we are just driving more wedges in society due to peoples middle class guilt and lack of common sense.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
There's a point in there. Chinese History Month? Indian History Month? There would be a lot of ground to cover for these significant populations in Britain. But no, we import some crap overcompensation scheme from the US, with a vastly different black experience to the UK's. Coming over to drive a bus of your own volition is not the same as being shipped to Alabama to pick cotton in chains. This country is round the twist, and we are just driving more wedges in society due to peoples middle class guilt and lack of common sense.

How do you think all these West Indians ended up in the West Indies?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Its ironic that the people that are promoting a multiracial society are the ones that are dividing it

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry bushy, but as Mr Q says above, I have NO idea who 'they' are from your posts. Is it the African leaders who supported him, or those dark skinned types generally.
the post said "you have to remember that up until recently mugabe was something of a god in the continent due to his political successes" to which i replied " it proves how f***ing short sighted some of them are " , i would have thought that anyonewith a modicum of intelligence would have reallised that "them" meant the people who live in the said continent , i.e africa, i.e black people, perhaps you did really but used it as an opportunity to flaunt your right on credentials, with a nudge nudge wink wink type of post, using phrases like "dark skinned types" to gain the attention of fellow twisted up with guilt middle class liberals.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Exactly. transportation for a criminal offence. Sometimes very minor. Hardly a free choice. Oh and some whites were transported to the West Indies

But all irrelevant to my point which was that there was some shared heritage and experience between the west indians now living in London and the black people living in US.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
twith a nudge nudge wink wink type of post, using phrases like "dark skinned types" to gain the attention of fellow twisted up with guilt middle class liberals.

Mnnn..posted by someone in Haywards Heath..... surely a hotbed of the liberal Middle classes ?... are you suffering this angst then because you are in a minority in your area ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mnnn..posted by someone in Haywards Heath..... surely a hotbed of the liberal Middle classes ?... are you suffering this angst then because you are in a minority in your area ?
no, we moved to haywards heath so i dont have to put up with the kind of shit that the spanish does , that ok with you ? and haywards heath is middle class id agree , but liberal ??

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bollox. Condoms are not illegal in South Africa and education on HIV is everywhere so if people who can read this literature choose to ignore it then that is their responsibility. Years of under investment by white governments in black education may have effected this problem more and Mandela may have mentioned this once or twice.

Have to agree Questions. But I believe that there is also a cultural problem as well. Some of the things I have seen and heard make my skin crawl:

- people would rather believe the local Sangoma than the local AIDS clinic, so when people test positive, they dont believe it.

- If the Sangoma tells you that raping a 5 year old will cure you, then some people will do it.

- In order to get Anti Retrovirals, you have to attend educational sessions (fair enough). However, if you do not pass the test at the end of the course, or miss your test, or miss your hospital appointments etc, you will not get the drugs and have to start the process all over again. Someone I know (a Zulu) has been trying to get these drugs now for at least 6 months, but the authorities make it as difficult as possible to get hold of them. This person now has TB and a count of less than 100, so probably wont last much longer - maybe that is why they cannot get the drugs?

- the official rate of infection is 20%. But as this is taken from pregnant mothers, the unofficial rate of infection is nearer 40% (there was a study done in Durban last year that showed this).

- one of the Doctors in the local AIDS clinic dispairs at the complete disregard that a lot of people show once they get diagnosed as HIV+. He has got to the point where he does not want to do his job anymore because he wonders want the point is when so many people he treats really could not give a damn.

It is extremely sad.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
no, we moved to haywards heath so i dont have to put up with the kind of shit that the spanish does , that ok with you ? and haywards heath is middle class id agree , but liberal ??

I'd take issue with it being a "hotbed" of anything too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here