Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite place in Sussex?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Love the Space Ritual avatar!!! For me I love Bedgbury Pinetum on the Kent/E.Sussex border.

Kent / east Sussex border around hever is a gorgeous part of the world in summer , there used to be a beer advert in the 70s that mentioned ` where a dog barking in Sussex, can be heard from a village in Kent ` , sums up that part of the world for me.

I did a half marathon up and along Firle Beacon a few years back. The views on the top/ridge are amazing and I could see the sea.
During the Armada anniversary celebrations in 1988, there was a chain of beacons lit along the whole of the south coast. The weather was superb. We lit our big beacon at Firle and realised that we could see an equally big one on the Isle of Wight. To say nothing of the beacons way to the north.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
P120812_13.57.jpg
Up the top of the hill at Rodmell. I like it whatever the weather. And it is a very good hill for sledging down.
P120812_14.01.jpg

Plumpton racecourse is quite high up on my list and so is the top of the cliff in Newhaven.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Being exiled to the midlands and only getting to Sussex once or twice a year, I'm loving these virtual trips to places that are ingrained in my memory. Agree with most / all and would add Parham Park to the list for summer walks plus Bodium Castle. But Stanmer Park is very dear to me having spent years around that place watching and playing cricket from 1960s to 1990s

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Here's another place I like. Telscombe Village.

Telscombe_Village_034.jpg

I lived for a year in the house at the left of the picture, foot of the hill, just up from the fence-post.

That is a nice place. And near there is another one of my favourite places, the bridge over the river in Southease.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not only my favorite place in Sussex but in the World the walk from Jack & Jill to the old Lewes racecourse along the Downs great memories.
I was walking from Lewes to the Sheppard and dog for charity with the Amex cricket team and bumped into Martin doing Bmx run in the other direction. We managed to just pass each other in safety!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know that view well , my kids train up at beech farm field with cosmos , truly breathtakingly on a sunny summer's day , I would give my right arm to see it with the battle of Britain flight flying along , apart from that , too many places to mention, Sussex , truly the most beautiful place in the world , at least to me.

Seen deer run across the fairway one of the most improved small open to the public golf courses in Sussex,with beautiful views.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very hard to beat Cissbury Ring, North of Worthing.

Views from the Isle Of Wight, out to the channel and across to Brighton. And in the summer it's covered with butterflies. And even better hardly anyone goes there.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Balcombe have fracking good views lets hope we don't have an earthquake The Balcombe viaduct might collapse that will spoil a good view. :facepalm::facepalm::fishing:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Arundel... Swanbourne lake and the black rabbit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here