Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite place in Sussex?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
And I'm deadly serious too when I say Worthing beach is very under-rated. From Splash Point in the east to Goring Gap in the west.

Good shout. The view from Denne Hill looking out over Horsham has always been a favourite of mine

The view from the 9th/18th Green on Cuckfield golf course looking out over the Ouse Valley with Balcobme Viaduct in the distance.

especially when a Lancaster Bomber and a Spitfire came flying slowly up the valley and it is perfect.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some good calls here (and I agree with Buzzer about the under-rated Worthing Beach), and I have no overall favourite. All I can do is quote Kipling:

"God gives all men all earth to love,
But since man’s heart is small,
Ordains for each one spot shall prove
Beloved over all.
Each to his choice, and I rejoice
The lot has fallen to me
In a fair ground—in a fair ground—
Yea, Sussex by the sea!"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I really don't think it is, but I am prepared to be corrected. Looked it up on a map, and online, and unless there is another Leith Hill not that close to Coldharbour And Dorking, then I believe it is most definitely in Surrey, indeed, it is in what is called the 'Surrey Hills'.

It's a bit early for some people! :facepalm:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Clapham Woods on a winters night.:mad:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Mine is the undercliff walk.Whatever the weather.

Too many to mention, but coming over the Racehill at the top of Bear rd at night to see a fantastic view of the city in all it's glory, sparkling lights like diamonds, is one of my favourites

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Highdown Hill, followed by Kingston Gorse. The footpath near Newhaven/ Eastbourne was also a favourite day out when I was younger.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This week I have been looking after a friends dog and have been on walks to.
Ashdown Forest,
Stanmer Park and woods,
Friston Forest,
Seven Sisters.
Undercliff walk.
The Downs at the back of Newhaven and Peacehaven.
All very nice places.
Looking forward to two of my favourite today, The AMEX and then a few pints at The Hope pub Newhaven.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Warwick Gardens in Worthing. Many happy childhood memories. It's a homeless hostel or something now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here