Your favourite place in Sussex?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Mount Caburn on a chilly but clear autumn morning, walk up before dawn then sit on the seat and watch the sun come up and the early morning mist gradually cover both the Ouse Valley and Laughton Levels

Mount Caburn on a chilly but clear autumn morning, walk up before dawn then sit on the seat and watch the sun come up and the early morning mist gradually cover both the Ouse Valley and Laughton Levels

I always hesitate to promote the delights of Laughton Levels, which more or less start about 200 yards from where I live. A fabulously flat and empty stretch of land, where nobody ever goes. Views of the downs, for sure, but it's the empty miles of flat, quiet solitude that are the attraction. Nesting barn owls in a deserted barn, grass snakes, slow worms, hares. Wonderful. No roads. Not even public footpaths.

348180_577e825e.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Saturday walk into Brighton through the North Laine and past Royal Pavilion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I couldn't even begin to pick a top ten. We are a wonderful county.

Edit: That's a great photo, Pev. I was trying to find some info on a suicide and twitter kept throwing up that photo, being tweeted about across the world.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Racehill facing Brighton at sunset and night time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good shout. The view from Denne Hill looking out over Horsham has always been a favourite of mine

Lot of love for Horsham. My missus is a Horsham gal and we wanted to move there initially, but had to settle for Littlehampton. Try and get there whenever i can.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Stanmer Park and Woods ( when it's not full of pikey caravans )

this and Pevensey Castle
and the walk from Mile Oak to Bramber and its Castle

not all the most beautiful but all have sentimental attachments

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The splash point nominations are a great shout. Ninas gift shop and sunny days.

Oh memories...why do you haunt me so?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wolstonbury Hill holds a lot of sentimental value for me

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The view from the 9th/18th Green on Cuckfield golf course looking out over the Ouse Valley with Balcobme Viaduct in the distance.

especially when a Lancaster Bomber and a Spitfire came flying slowly up the valley and it is perfect.
I know that view well , my kids train up at beech farm field with cosmos , truly breathtakingly on a sunny summer's day , I would give my right arm to see it with the battle of Britain flight flying along , apart from that , too many places to mention, Sussex , truly the most beautiful place in the world , at least to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports