Walk from Devil's Dyke to Fulking
View of Lewes High Street from Southover Grange Gardens and High Street
View of Arundel on the A27 approaching from the east
Wepham
Litlington
Seven Sisters Country Park
North Laine/The Lanes on a sunny evening
West Wittering beach
Sitting on the grass on a summer's day overlooking the downs with a cup of tea and a slice of cake (OK - I'm getting a bit cosy now)
View from Blackdown
View south to the downs, framed by the houses of Ditchling North End
Wisborough Green

I'll stop there, but there are literally hundreds more connected to views, events, smells, etc

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've taken favourite place to mean favourite view. Agree with lots on here so far - there are blimmin' loads aren't there. I think Cuckmere Haven needs a nod:

cuckmere-oxbow-lake2.jpg

The Ouse valley viewed from the end of the garden at The Griffin in Fletching is beautiful.

Hamsey Manor viewed from the road passing the allotments East of Lewes is very beautiful.

So many - will add some more later.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Cuckoo trail - a fabulous walk / jog / cycle ride

Fabulous thread by the way, reads a bit like a Sussex 'To-do' list.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
North laine and West Hill on summers evening:
BOT
Evening Star
Caxton
Pond
Albert
Nelson
Makers
Eagle
+ plus that new one that used to be the Gloucester

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
North Laine and West Hill on a summers evening:
BOT
Evening Star
Caxton
Pond
Albert
Nelson
Makers
Eagle
+ plus the new one that used to be the Gloucester

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Bury hill, overlooking Amberley.
Fittleworth (my 'home')
Riding through Greatham & Rackham on a summers day...so lovely and peaceful.

Grombleton, slightly off the topic but if you're from Fittleworth do you want to car share and / or share a parking space at the bridge car park? I live in Rackham so just around the corner from you and there seems a limited supply of us travelling to Falmer?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Lord B beat me to it...the view from the top of Telscombe village is fantastic. Love the fact I live so close to it and can head off into the countryside on my mtb whenever I want. The valley out the back of Rottingdean (leading up to Woodingdean) is also stunning on a beautiful day. Love the forests around Graffham as well...Beautiful area.

Last edited:

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Here's another place I like. Telscombe Village.

Telscombe_Village_034.jpg

I lived for a year in the house at the left of the picture, foot of the hill, just up from the fence-post.

It is beautiful over there, i lived there for years on the other side of the tye in saltdean we backed on to the tye and used to walk over too Telscombe often.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Grombleton, slightly off the topic but if you're from Fittleworth do you want to car share and / or share a parking space at the bridge car park? I live in Rackham so just around the corner from you and there seems a limited supply of us travelling to Falmer?

That's an awesome idea, but i don't get the chance to go to many games (only just gone self employed so keeping tight on the purse strings) and i don't live in Fittleworth anymore - my parents do but i'm in Littlehampton now. Deffo keep it in mind as i used to go with a mate who lives in Coldwaltham, so it's v close to you.

Next time i get to go to a game, i'll give you a nudge!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Wolstonbury Hill holds a lot of sentimental value for me

I know a man from London who walked to the top of Wolstenbury Hill with his lovely girlfriend, asked her if it was her favourite place in the world and when she said it was, he proposed. He is now my son-in-law.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Used to travel down to pompey by train, Arundel viewed from the train,autumn early mornings,with a frost on the meadows , and the castle, rising up on the hill, magnificent, could nearly move me to tears.I have travelled all over the world, and that is still the most beautiful sight i have seen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports