Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Away - Sold Out

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're seriously over-egging this one Mr.10.

To cover the 40 miles or so from where my North Somerset outpost to Yeovil is only, yes only, going to take me two and a half hours on the train*.

(* - I'm currently ignoring the fact that the train will drop me off in the arse end of nowhere)

Not keen on driving?..or is that down to expected alcohol consumption?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I doff my cap to every single one of you who is going. What an utterly turd trip you will have. In footballing terms, I cannot think of a worse thing to do than to spend half a weekend battling to and from that dreary, fetid, pointless little outpost.

Fair play to you all. Proper support.

half hour from home, free country, game of footy on Sat'day afternoon, what's not to like ! miserable git !:rock:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just looked on the ticket site, what a strange message;

"To purchase seated tickets please call the booking line on 0844 327 1901. Please note the seated area is initially allocated to families, seniors, supporters who have difficulty standing and ambulant disabled supporters."

And then beneath the message it reads Sold Out, I have to agree, very misleading, makes you wonder why they can't put the correct
Message on the website(s) and on the ticket site.

That'll be why its going as "sold out" though its not clear at all. They only want certain people in the seated area and not average joe, which is fair enough i guess.

Still can see us shifting the other 100 or so left in the seated area too, so 2,000 to Yeovil is pretty good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
May have a spare U21 ticket so PM if interested

Helter Skelter

Nov 1, 2012
Southwick
That'll be why its going as "sold out" though its not clear at all. They only want certain people in the seated area and not average joe, which is fair enough i guess.

Still can see us shifting the other 100 or so left in the seated area too, so 2,000 to Yeovil is pretty good.

I went to the ticket office on Wednesday and I asked for a 2 terrace tickets, they said they didn't have enough of those so I had to get 2 seated. Bit of a shame really as it's my mates first away game.

We're both 22, btw.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How do you tell if the ticket is for the terrace or for the 'seated area'?

I got two middle of last month and assumed they would be for the terrace despite them quoting a seat and row number?

Have I got this wrong?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this £18 groupsave return from Shoreham deal still on?

And are there three people on here who would be prepared to pretend they like me enough to get involved?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
How do you tell if the ticket is for the terrace or for the 'seated area'?

I got two middle of last month and assumed they would be for the terrace despite them quoting a seat and row number?

Have I got this wrong?
If your ticket says Copse road end then it's a terrace ticket, all tickets show a row & seat number

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've been to 70 something grounds but this isn't one of them. I must say that all this negativity is making me think twice though !

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Looks like the best option for those going by train is to come back via Clapham Junction (unless you live in the west off course). It appears there isn't a catchable service till 18.29.

Be happy to join any folks for a few beers as I have no choice but to go by train. :cheers:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks like the best option for those going by train is to come back via Clapham Junction (unless you live in the west off course). It appears there isn't a catchable service till 18.29.

Be happy to join any folks for a few beers as I have no choice but to go by train. :cheers:

There is a 17.29, but you would have pretty much no chance of making that !!

Im going via Southampton, takes a bit longer but its cheaper.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've had a chat with some Yeovil fans who have said that the public transport from the stations and the ground is dire. I'll probably walk from the stadium to the town after the game (about 45-50 mins but easy) get some beers and catch a taxi from there to Yeovil Junction. They have confirmed it should guarantee getting the 18.29. It is dreadful for access from the rail station. Possibly the worst. Below is how Reading fans coped once they realised they were stuck in the middle of nowhere....

20130831-reading-yeovil-junction.jpg

See http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=20246

Jimmy Grimble

Has the game actually sold out yet does anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here