Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wouldn't it be nice if you could just click on a thread and make it off-f***?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But this thread doesn't appear there, and Bozza has slipped a non Albion thread past his own filter by choosing Albion on the prefix.

Both are true but I’m still thankful it’s there!

(Didn’t say I only look at Just Albion threads did I?)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's the Albion only option, there's the prefix that every thread has to have, there's the the thread title

If you've really been that stupid on a thread, what else do you think the boards administrators should do to try to pretend you weren't :shrug:

:wink:

PS, If your a sad bastard who has been here YEARS, you would know NSC has always been shit when there are no Albion matches

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just scan down the Big Board thread titles.
When I see a topic I think I'll enjoy I right click and select "open link in new tab" and carry on scrolling down the page.
I end up with maybe ten tabs across the top of the page which I obviously click into one by one and read. Then after reading I just close down that tab until they're all gone.
The ones I haven't clicked stay ignored and unread.
Simples.
Shirley?
The problem is people want everything done for them these days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK, but then this isn't about wanting 'everything' done for 'us' ... we want the facility to do it ourself ... but then you knew that.
Yes, I did know that :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bollox! We want to do it ourselves, by positively selecting and activating the 'ignore thread' button!

I have to admit, I'm struggling a little.

This is a message board for people to post messages around the basis we all watch/support the Albion.

There are threads on all sorts of subjects and everyone can contribute, There are thread titles and thread categories to guide you in the direction you would prefer. If you somehow find yourself on a thread you didn't intend because you misunderstood both the title and the categories and the posters are engaging in discussions that you think are fundamentally flawed, you are welcome to use information and facts to point out how foolish and flawed the posts are on what is, after all, a message board.

But to ask for a feature that pretends that thread doesn't exist seems a little like an echo chamber and 'snowflakeish' and I know we both have similar views on snowflakes who live in echo chambers :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This is a message board for people to post messages around the basis we all watch/support the Albion.

There are threads on all sorts of subjects and everyone can contribute, There are thread titles and thread categories to guide you in the direction you would prefer. If you somehow find yourself on a thread you didn't intend because you misunderstood both the title and the categories and the posters are engaging in discussions that are fundamentally flawed, you are welcome to use information and facts to point out how foolish the posts are on what is, after all. a message board.

But to ask for a feature that pretends that thread doesn't exist seems a little 'snowflakeish' and I know we both have similar views on snowflakes :thumbsup:

I think you’re jousting there?

There are people here, I know some of them, who struggle with mental health. Sensitive, seeing thread subjects every time they tune in about wars, party politics, slagging off something or somewhere close to their heart, shit stirring.

They’re not just here for the Albion, but they’re triggered by reminded of negative stuff.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

There are threads on all sorts of subjects and everyone can contribute, There are thread titles and thread categories to guide you in the direction you would prefer. If you somehow find yourself on a thread you didn't intend because you misunderstood both the title and the categories and the posters are engaging in discussions that you think are fundamentally flawed, you are welcome to use information and facts to point out how foolish and falwed the posts are on what is, after all. a message board.

But to ask for a feature that pretends that thread doesn't exist seems a little like an echo chamber and 'snowflakeish' and I know we both have similar views on snowflakes who live in echo chambers :thumbsup:
If people like the echo chamber, of course they are welcome to revel in it (whether or not they realise it is an echo chamber!) If others could put the thread on ignore, that would be fine all round, would it not?
Those who put it on ignore would be happy, as would the denizens of the echo chamber if it stopped malcontents and deviants being tempted to pop in to poke the wasps' nest with a stick, occasionally!

Shouldn't you be somewhere else, starting a thread on Snowflake or Woke or something? (My vote would be 'other'!) Unicorns or Gryphons might be a harder choice!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
On that note, can we please have a ‘kill’ button that makes every other poster on NSC disappear except ourselves - so we could just have conversations with ourselves on our own threads about things we like and no one disagrees with us or trolls us - It would just make life so much easier 👍

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you’re jousting there?

There are people here, I know some of them, who struggle with mental health. Sensitive, seeing thread subjects every time they tune in about wars, party politics, slagging off something or somewhere close to their heart, shit stirring.

They’re not just here for the Albion, but they’re triggered by reminded of negative stuff.
He is jousting! :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If I really hate seeing a thread title all the time ( for example a Brexit thread ) I just zap the OP with the ignore gun.

Job done. No thread anymore.
Yeah, I now do the same whenever a political thread appears. I ignored Kingston Seagull when that thread was put back on the main board. Not his fault but I guess someone in the mod team was either very naive or wanted a rerun. Kingston is probably a decent person who makes great posts about other stuff but I’m probably not the only one to have him on ignore. It is the lack of a thread ignore facility that is creating a situation where you have to zap a poster in this way even if they aren’t a deliberate wind up merchant.
This issue is by no means only about the do you prefer this or that nonsense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On that note, can we please have a ‘kill’ button that makes every other poster on NSC disappear except ourselves - so we could just have conversations with ourselves on our own threads about things we like and no one disagrees with us or trolls us - It would just make life so much easier 👍
Repeated use of 'ignore this poster' can achieve that ......... eventually!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If people like the echo chamber, of course they are welcome to revel in it (whether or not they realise it is an echo chamber!) If others could put the thread on ignore, that would be fine all round, would it not?
Those who put it on ignore would be happy, as would the denizens of the echo chamber if it stopped malcontents and deviants being tempted to pop in to poke the wasps' nest with a stick, occasionally!

Shouldn't you be somewhere else, starting a thread on Snowflake or Woke or something? (My vote would be 'other'!) Unicorns or Gryphons might be a harder choice!

The irony is that mutual back slapping echo chamber threads would diminish in ‘popularity’. Even political chums get bored of their echoes. The Bear Pit proved that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just don’t open threads that I know won’t interest me, and if I do so mistakenly because the thread title is shite, I don’t comment on it or open it again. Really not that difficult :shrug:

Putting a poster on ignore means you don’t see any threads they start - which as well a missing out on what might be a decent discussion also means potential thread duplication and more work for the mods.
You wouldn’t be affected if there was a thread ignore function. You just wouldn’t use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here