Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wouldn't it be nice if you could just click on a thread and make it off-f***?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
An ‘ignore thread' button would have zero impact on you but would help other people. So why would you object? Why impose your preferences on others when your enjoyment remains unaffected?
You could just scroll on by threads that you‘re not interested in. Why create extra work for @Bozza ? I have no admin rights, I can’t impose anything on anyone on here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You could just scroll on by threads that you‘re not interested in. Why create extra work for @Bozza ? I have no admin rights, I can’t impose anything on anyone on here.

If it’s technically feasible, @Bozza kindly sets it up.

Then nsc’ers can swipe away, blocking party political broadcast, “or”, spiteful or war threads …. forever.

No more wading through :shit:.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not sure I would use it but it sounds like a good idea for some.

What concerns me though is if people use this on music/artists thread then how are we going to know if they think the relevant artist is shite?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure I would use it but it sounds like a good idea for some.

What concerns me though is if people use this on music/artists thread then how are we going to know if they think the relevant artist is shite?

Won’t people who hate an artist want to tell the world that?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If it’s technically feasible, @Bozza kindly sets it up.

Then nsc’ers can swipe away, blocking party political broadcast, “or”, spiteful or war threads …. forever.

No more wading through :shit:.
ooh I really like the pile of sh&t - I hope we can have that as an icon on the new feature

Swipe the shite and we’re awaaaay!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
ooh I really like the pile of sh&t - I hope we can have that as an icon on the new feature

Swipe the shite and we’re awaaaay!
Surely you need this 🧻

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - out for most of the day - but back home now.

From a quick search, there is a paid-for modification available that can be bought that gives a lot more ignore options including individual threads.

Being honest, it's exactly the sort of thing I may look to add to those who wish to financially support the forum along with stuff like completely ad-free views.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry - out for most of the day - but back home now.

From a quick search, there is a paid-for modification available that can be bought that gives a lot more ignore options including individual threads.

Being honest, it's exactly the sort of thing I may look to add to those who wish to financially support the forum along with stuff like completely ad-free views.

When you mentioned a nsc pay option a while back, it’s something I’d do. Being able to block entire threads ad infinitum would be amazing. Not so bothered about the ads, that calmed down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You’re saying that because you’ve no problem with the current implementation of the board, why on Earth should anyone else have a different opinion? Again, if a software mod made no difference at all to your pleasure but helped others, why would you object?
No. I’m of the opinion I don’t need it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here