Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wouldn't it be nice if you could just click on a thread and make it off-f***?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Really?

Assuming you're serious, though I find that hard to believe - some people simply don't want to talk/see or let alone think about politics/war/brexit/the latest celebrity scandal etc etc. Simply seeing a thread title related to any of the above may be too much for some. Everyone has their own mental health battles and everyone has little to no knowledge of the battles others are fighting.

Those who cannot understand that surely don't appreciate mental health.

This "just scroll past it" attitude just doesn't wash - even seeing some of these subjects in one's peripheral vision may be too much for some.

NSC is a WONDERFUL place for banter, good humor, and random crap. The constant sniping by a minority in the usual threads is tiresome and to hide them for good would be BLISS for many.
Thank you.

@Brok I apologise for my earlier outburst. The above explains succinctly what the red mist inhibited me from putting into words.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
And it's the same problem with any sort of filter - that just blocks some threads from ever appearing, so if you've got the filter on you never even knew of their existance. We stllwant to see all threads - some we would hde straigght away, but many others we wpuld initially dp in to see what it was about, where it was going, etc. At that point we mght stay interested, maybe join in - or alternatively think, 'Nah, that's not for me, not interested or whatever' and click to make it disappear. That would be great.
Spot on (y)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I worked that one out years ago:
1. Grandstanding by people who want to force their views as fact on literally everyone. This was proven when @Bozza set up the Bear Pit, from the left and right they stopped posting there :lolol:. Why?
2. Or spiteful/hateful middle-aged blokes, who want others to see their spite or shit stirring in an OP. A pathetic ego trip in drawing like minded bitches with Likes.
Eh? We oldies, and certainly the kids, can be just as spiteful. You middle-ageist dick'ead.
;)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But you also zap all that poster's other contributions which may be mostly ok. It can’t be that complicated to hide a thread without hiding everything a particular member says on any topic.
Indeed. That's collateral damage, but there's still hundreds of other posters to read.

Of course a thread kill function would be better but we are where we are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like this one maybe?

Seriously tho, NSC could really really do with an Ignore Thread feature. Zap all them 'x or y' threads that are a dreary waste of bandwidth. Ditto the Wordle thread. Ditto [insert your least favourite thread(s) here]. How about it @Bozza? Do you have the technology? Can we further fine-tune our NSC user experience so we don't even have to have any exposure to - In Our Humble Opinion - deeply s*** threads that are never going to get any more rewarding?
This is a dreadful thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not the solution. I don't mind the political, film & TV stuff etc but flooding the first page with rubbish devalues the site.
There are a lot of stupid 'this' versus 'that' threads with polls. I have made my view about polls clear. Repeatedly.

However.....it isn't exactly a hardship to scroll past such threads. It isn't as if their title is "(insert name) is a f***ing, f***ing ****".

Personally I think @Tom Hark Preston Park just started this thread as clickbait to further his master plan for world McDomination. But I could be wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know the moderators on here are busy people but could they just cast their eyes over the first couple of pages every few hours and consign all the crap threads eg. X or Y threads to the ‘other stuff’ sub forum ?

People will soon get bored of starting them as they won’t have the reaction they hoped for👍
If they are trolling they will be banned. It happens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Totally agree my time spent on NSC has gone for hours to seconds flicking down the first page and a couple of minutes flicking through selected treads.

Unless the title has anything to do with BHA or football in general I’m not interested.

NSC has just become who can start the most pointless thread’s competition
Yeh agree, what about all those tedious RIAT this RIAT that threads 🥱

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know the moderators on here are busy people but could they just cast their eyes over the first couple of pages every few hours and consign all the crap threads eg. X or Y threads to the ‘other stuff’ sub forum ?

People will soon get bored of starting them as they won’t have the reaction they hoped for👍

Trouble is that’s subjective. One twisted man’s spite is admired by like minded blokes, whilst many others don’t even want to come across it.

Blocking a thread forever would work well.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I really hate seeing a thread title all the time ( for example a Brexit thread ) I just zap the OP with the ignore gun.

Job done. No thread anymore.
But what if they also started one of your favourite threads?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
If Bozza can make it happen, can I have a version that makes my missus disappear for at least 90 mins at a time?

That really would be amazing!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I just scan down the Big Board thread titles.
When I see a topic I think I'll enjoy I right click and select "open link in new tab" and carry on scrolling down the page.
I end up with maybe ten tabs across the top of the page which I obviously click into one by one and read. Then after reading I just close down that tab until they're all gone.
The ones I haven't clicked stay ignored and unread.
Simples.
Shirley?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just don’t open threads that I know won’t interest me, and if I do so mistakenly because the thread title is shite, I don’t comment on it or open it again. Really not that difficult :shrug:

Putting a poster on ignore means you don’t see any threads they start - which as well a missing out on what might be a decent discussion also means potential thread duplication and more work for the mods.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve been very thankful for the Just Albion option at the top of the Big Board this week. All the vs threads just disappear!
But this thread doesn't appear there, and Bozza has slipped a non Albion thread past his own filter by choosing Albion on the prefix.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just don’t open threads that I know won’t interest me, and if I do so mistakenly because the thread title is shite, I don’t comment on it or open it again. Really not that difficult :shrug:

Putting a poster on ignore means you don’t see any threads they start - which as well a missing out on what might be a decent discussion also means potential thread duplication and more work for the mods.

A lot of people have mental heath issues to varying extents, some quite severe. NSC might be seen as a happy place of solace, but then they come across thread titles about genocidal conflicts going on, bitterly divisive party political stuff by the bucketload, spite against peoples elsewhere or where they themselves come from, people posting clickbait to draw in other haters, the sort of conspiratorial rubbish you’d see on facebook.

It’s triggering.

Separate to that there’s a raft of hilarious threads such as the tummy-tickling “or” threads.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here