Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Wonder if she will play in the must win 3rd game even if not fully fit?

Interesting to wake up to the news that USA had only drawn against Netherlands. They are defintely not looking quite as all-conquering as they once were.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You don't need to win every game in order to win the tournament. USA and Australia are still amongst the favourites for the title. I worry for England, I think our team has been impacted by injuries just a little bit too much.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
England vs Denmark this morning - 9.30am on BBC1 if anyone wants to watch.

England have made one change - bringing in Daly and for Carter at the back. Thought Daly might be brought in but further forward but I guess the expectation will be that she will push on. A win here will guarantee us to progress from the group. Come on Lionesses!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We haven't scored from open play for about 3,500 matches, should be a goal fest.

Come on Ladies.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good start. Lovely strike. :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just when this gets interesting the Premier League will be back in full flow. Seems like poor planning

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That was a cracking strike from Lauren James! She really is an exciting player to watch. We look so much better in a back five with the fullbacks pushing on.
I hadn't made the family connection between Lauren and Reece. I wonder if any other country has a brother and sister playing for England?

I know the Neville brothers had a sister who played netball, but this is the same sport.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We look so much better in a back five with the fullbacks pushing on.
Yes, this is it for me. Carter and Bright were unconvincing in the Haiti game giving up too much space. Something had to give.

Daly wearing the number 9 but playing LB as she did in the Euros is a much better fit, though it might rile shirt positional traditionalists.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We just miss that Ellen White type figure up front you know. She was so canny in her positioning, created so many opportunities. The youngsters will grow with experience, but they're just a bit naive, we could've been 3 up by now.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, this is it for me. Carter and Bright were unconvincing in the Haiti game giving up too much space. Something had to give.

Daly wearing the number 9 but playing LB as she did in the Euros is a much better fit, though it might rile shirt positional traditionalists.

Bright hasn't really played since March, so for her to come through 90 mins was a right bonus. The first game was always going to be nervy and Haiti had nothing to lose and they played some good footy.

Also with you on the shirt numbers. Number 9 at left back heightens my anxiety far too much 🤣🤣

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England's full backs look so poor when they're facing speed from deep. They drop off far too much, they are nowhere near tight enough - both against Haiti and now here. When we play decent teams we're going to concede far too easily.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bright hasn't really played since March, so for her to come through 90 mins was a right bonus. The first game was always going to be nervy and Haiti had nothing to lose and they played some good footy.
She is easily our best defender when she's fully fit.

I see her walking her dog from time to time as she doesn't live far from me.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
James continues to look a threat and we've had chances but still a bit sloppy at the back as Denmark come more into it. Hope we can get a second (or more) with all our possession

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here