Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Like all these big competitions will take an interest from quarter final stage. Unbelievable all the hype about Englands first game and I see they are 1/80 to win. Even Man City would not be that against a national league side
I know it would be less games so less money but cricket has it right in world cups when lesser teams have there own league and just 4 qualify for the finals
England are 1/150

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can you image if the Shyster was allowed to explain his decisions like American Football referees? "After reviewing VAR, I have decided I am the best ref in the world and I know best"

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The women's varld cup.

Still, I'm enjoying the accents of the various referees as the decisions are explained.

Today's referee is Emikar Calderas Barrera from Venezuela.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Great idea though having the ref explaining decisions. Looked a clear pen until saw the foul before hand but without the ref explaining, most of the crowd would have been baffled why it wasn’t given.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton scarf spotted in the crowd after the penalty.
A friend from Nevill Avenue is at the game. But it's not his scarf.

So there's definitely a minimum of 2 Brighton there. :)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Ahead at the break, though definitely not an easy match as Haiti proving harder to break down and we're a bit sloppy at times. Wonder if Wiegman will make any changes at the break?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
70 minutes played and England continuing to look very uncertain at the back when Haiti break.

A 2nd goal would no doubt settle the side as Haiti tire, but it's been unimpressive fare from the Lionesses so far against the 53rd ranked side.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And now there's a Mexican wave... 🙄

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England making heavy weather of this

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Earps has saved us twice now!