Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think England are great to watch. I've only watched the second half as I didn't realise it was on. Some lovely football spoilt by poor finishing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know it’s Talksport and therefore clickbait but some of the pre game hyperbole has been ridiculous. Lauren James “better than Premier League players”.

Yep, that’s the substitute left winger who’s making Pascal Gross look like Usain Bolt.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sloppy finishing, a lack of pace at the back. England look a mile away from their Euros form at the moment.

Credit to Haiti for their energy and for staying in the game when losing players and carrying knocks.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We may not have been at our best, and relied on Earps to keep them out but credit for Haiti who gave us a tough game and never let us settle into our rhythm. Much for Wiegman to work on!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Emma Hayes trying her best at the end to bring some optimism after England hang on 1-0.

"Well, that's what we want from a football match. We don't want them to be too predictable."

clutching at straws.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We may not have been at our best, and relied on Earps to keep them out but credit for Haiti who gave us a tough game and never let us settle into our rhythm. Much for Wiegman to work on!
I think if Haiti will give a lot of teams a test, they looked strong and very quick on the counter. Mary Earps was great in goal. But we did not start the Euros strongly and got better and better as the tournament went on, fingers crossed that this goes the same way.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Unimpressed. Although I enjoyed watching, and ended up routing for Haiti at the end. They looked like they wanted it more, our girls looked well grumpy and disinterested.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Park football quality and as for this Denmark match,utter dross,my ten year old sons team could beat these 2. Then post match views, bring back alan shearer all is forgiven.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think England are great to watch. I've only watched the second half as I didn't realise it was on. Some lovely football spoilt by poor finishing.
Really? Crikey! I thought they were utter dross. Hardly any composure on the ball, and little imagination.

And the centre back pairing of Bright and Carter are horrifically slow and clumsy. If she sticks with them, England have zero chance against any decent side.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? Crikey! I thought they were utter dross. Hardly any composure on the ball, and little imagination.

And the centre back pairing of Bright and Carter are horrifically slow and clumsy. If she sticks with them, England have zero chance against any decent side.
Yes I'll admit towards the end the play was not so good. And defensively we were not giving much confidence. But much of the passing and movement for our many wasted chances seemed attractive. I seem to be an outlier here so perhaps I'm wrong. Am all dosed up as have caught the lurgi on the first day of the school holidays. 🤦‍♂️

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Poor performance by England. I ended up hoping Haiti would equalise. They deserved something and hope they win their other two group games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here