Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
For all his excellent work over a number of years, that one incident will give the gormless waistcoated tit an oven ready excuse not to give him another call up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Such a stupid foul so early in the second half. Just let him go through on goal

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
On a related matter, how bad was Coady today. He doesn’t look good enough to play in the Premier League, never mind for England. He’s just lucky we didn’t put him under any pressure after the red card.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
He has been sent off 8 times now
He has really matured in the last few years and we know he should be playing for England, pisses over players like Dier and x times better than Maguire
However I doubt there is too many players for England who have been sent off that amount of times

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He has really matured in the last few years and we know he should be playing for England, pisses over players like Dier and x times better than Maguire
However I doubt there is too many players for England who have been sent off that amount of times

Didn’t Dier get sent off for leaping into the stands and assaulting a fan?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With his recent (and long lasting) great form and the expansion of Euro squads (26 players instead of 23) I think he genuinely would have had a good chance (yes I know Southgate is a **** and so on, but anyway), but it would not have been with great margins and there is a small chance the events today ruined it for him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We know in our heart of hearts he won’t be picked.

But what nice comments from AJ after his red card:

Jahanbakhsh has spoken to Dunk and says he is distraught, but the former AZ Alkmaar forward reckons if anyone is allowed to make a mistake it's the club's inspirational leader.

“He's one of the best centre-halves in this league and he deserves to be at the Euros this summer with England. He's had a good season and in his position most defenders would do the same thing on Sunday as it's a sudden reaction.

“He said that if he could go back he would probably let him go through on goal, but in those moments you have to make a decision. He has had an amazing season and if there’s a player at Brighton who is allowed to make a mistake it’s the skipper.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Am I right in thinking that Dunk only misses the West Ham game? I could only find the rules from 2019 and these said that a straight red for a professional foul was a one game ban, two for dissent (Unless you really went for it and got an FA charge too. Have a nice summer Neal) and three for violent or dangerous conduct. Are these still correct? If so, he'll have two games against Man City and Arsenal for Southgate to still not bother watching him.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Am I right in thinking that Dunk only misses the West Ham game? I could only find the rules from 2019 and these said that a straight red for a professional foul was a one game ban, two for dissent (Unless you really went for it and got an FA charge too. Have a nice summer Neal) and three for violent or dangerous conduct. Are these still correct? If so, he'll have two games against Man City and Arsenal for Southgate to still not bother watching him.

No. Two games as it’s his second sending off this season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No. Two games as it’s his second sending off this season.

Thanks. No beer and No Dunky. Man City is not looking promising. They'll probably go and lose to Newcastle too, so we'll have to see them win the title on our ground again.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I saw yesterday that since the start of season 2012/2013 the eight red cards that Dunk has received is the highest number of red cards one player has picked up in that time in the top 4 leagues in England. He is our Sergio Ramos!

Those two on Sunday also mean we've picked up more than any other Premier League side this season - 6.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bad news: Harry Maguire has sustained ankle ligament and is in a protective boot.
The other bad news: Southgate is currently checking his phone for Konsa's number.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The bad news: Harry Maguire has sustained ankle ligament and is in a protective boot.

So? Southgate will still pick him.

Maguire, Mings, Dier - they could all be on crutches with torn metatarsals, ripped hamstrings and broken arms, and Southgate would still pick them ahead of Dunk.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So? Southgate will still pick him.

Maguire, Mings, Dier - they could all be on crutches with torn metatarsals, ripped hamstrings and broken arms, and Southgate would still pick them ahead of Dunk.

They’d all still go even if they had to live in an oxygen tent between games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The other bad news: Southgate is currently checking his phone for Konsa's number.

Gary Neville said on SSN that this, aside from Kane, is the worst injury Southgate could have because ‘there is absolutely zero cover in terms of another dominant English centre back’.

Unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here