[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gareth Southgate is an absolute tool. He genuinely picks Dier and Mings ahead of Dunk!!! I’ll say that again, he picks Tyrone Mings and Eric Dier AHEAD of Dunk!! It would be laughable if it wasn’t so ****ed up!

The waistcoat wanker needs locking up for his and the rest of society’s safety!

He does make his England team very difficult to support.

Jimmy Grimble

In a way we are blessed with the way the media and Southgate have handled him. He’s here forever now and will be the greatest ever Brighton player.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Find it bizarre why Southgate wont take a well drilled familiar 3 a select Dunk Webster and White

I wish the press would stop giving him an easy ride and actually call out his defensive selections in view of form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That chest pass back to Sanchez was a thing of beauty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely England’s best CB right now. Didn’t put a single foot wrong today. White should also be close to the squad if not in it.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Interesting reading in The Athletic a few weeks ago that the door closed on Dunk as he’s a lazy trainer. I’m sure there’s more to it than that, and he is better than some that are currently being picked. However, if it prolongs his Brighton career and he gets breaks when required due to not being called up, then that’s fine with me

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the aftermath of another absolute master class in the art of modern centre back defending, I’ve been thinking about Dunk and his England prospects , or lack of them.

If, as stated by the Athletic he has been cast aside over his supposed laziness in training, where does this leave the likes of Maddison , Foden , and Greenwood who have all broken England protocols in various ways more recently,but are all said to have bright international futures.
I really don’t want to think that Southgate would be carrying on some kind of local rival bias in denying the England team a player who is on a par with the country’s best CBS, and far better in a lot of cases, but it is beginning to appear that Dunks first and only England cap 3 years ago, is the result of a vendetta. To not give him another chance in an England squad is bordering on criminal given the form Lewis has shown over that time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White calls Lewis “mind blowing” in a new interview and is shocked he’s not playing for England:

In an interview for Albion’s website, White said: “When I was younger I used to watch him train and he used to be the best trainer every day.

“I’d come over from the 23s and watch and I was speechless how good he was and the size he was. It was ridiculous to watch.
“This season be has been unbelievable for us.
“I don’t think we’d be in the position we are now if he wasn’t in the team.
“He’d be a big miss for us if he wasn’t in our team.
“When I’m playing next to him and I see some of the things he does, it’s mind-blowing.

“I think if I tried one of those things I’d definitely give away a goal.
“I don’t know how he is so cool.
“It’s just him. He knows how good he is and he can do it.”
Leeds centre-forward Patrick Bamford last week said White would be in the England squad if he were still at Elland Road.
While somewhat puzzling in a sense, Bamford’s comment underlined belief among Albion fans that their so-called unfashionable club are overlooked by England.
White said: “I think he is one of the best in the Premier League.
“I don’t think he gets as much credit as he should.
“He is playing for a side that are down the bottom.
“We are fighting every week and it’s tough to be a defender when you are fighting for survival.
“He shows how good he is in those situations.

"If I was the (England) manager he would be straight in for me.

“He has been amazing and I think he deserves another call-up.”
White played down talk about his own chances of an England call-up. He said: “It’s not a focus for me because it hasn’t happened yet. “My focus is on playing for Brighton and doing as well as I can here.”

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the aftermath of another absolute master class in the art of modern centre back defending, I’ve been thinking about Dunk and his England prospects , or lack of them.

If, as stated by the Athletic he has been cast aside over his supposed laziness in training, where does this leave the likes of Maddison , Foden , and Greenwood who have all broken England protocols in various ways more recently,but are all said to have bright international futures.
I really don’t want to think that Southgate would be carrying on some kind of local rival bias in denying the England team a player who is on a par with the country’s best CBS, and far better in a lot of cases, but it is beginning to appear that Dunks first and only England cap 3 years ago, is the result of a vendetta. To not give him another chance in an England squad is bordering on criminal given the form Lewis has shown over that time.

100% this :thumbsup:

Southgate is an absolute chump IMO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'sake.

E0taWJWVIAMga6J.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports