Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the excitement for Oscar?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How many of those would you say were a risk? Freedman only to my mind, and it turned out he was a good one. Burley at the time looked like a safe appointment, and it turned out he was shit, so clearly going for the safe option isn't always a bed of roses either.

You have kind of answered your own arguments.....

I'm assuming then that Paul Hart wasn't a risk ???

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Still think if our roles were reversed you be questioning it as I have

I don't know. I wouldn't be on the BBS - would many others on here go over there ?

It seems a peculiarly Palace obsession to hang around here (although Albion fans are the ones who are supposedly obsessed). Presumably you hang around with the sole intention on pissing on our chips. Which is also odd.

I do not understand it. But at least you are fairly polite and stick to the Palace threads.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
You have kind of answered your own arguments.....

I'm assuming then that Paul Hart wasn't a risk ???

It was March, our manager had just walked out on us taking the whole management team, we were in administration, looking at relegation. He was about as good as we could get, so no, not a risk.

Brighton on the other hand are a fairly attractive proposition at the moment. You just finished 4th, have a new stadium, and an owner who has invested in the club. You could have attracted someone with more experience than Oscar and have chosen not to. That is a risk. Of course it might pay off...

Banned
May 19, 2013
I don't know. I wouldn't be on the BBS - would many others on here go over there ?

It seems a peculiarly Palace obsession to hang around here (although Albion fans are the ones who are supposedly obsessed). Presumably you hang around with the sole intention on pissing on our chips. Which is also odd.

I do not understand it. But at least you are fairly polite and stick to the Palace threads.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but we have as many Brighton as you have Palace. And as far as I can see we've never sent you an equivilent of TheMajor :D

Banned
May 19, 2013
I have no idea what that means. But I guess our odd-bods are over there, and your odd-bods are over here. Have I got it ?

We have some very pleasant and reasonable Brighton posters, some of whom I believe also post on here. And then we have the trolls.

The trolls have largely vanished since the play offs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fundamentally the thrill's because it's far more interesting to appoint a man with exciting potential than one of the proven failures we'd otherwise end up with.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The appeal is just a box ticking exercise to satisfy employment law before it goes to court.
If Gus loses his appeal, on what grounds would he then go forward to court?.... I suspect he will need to have something solid, that hasn't already been put on the table so far, before committing to the costs of court action. My feeling is that he has nothing more to add, we will probably see him walk away in the next week.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I didn't want to interrupt in the other thread, but for those who don't mind conversing with a Palace fan can you explain the excitement? It genuinely seems a really risky appointment to me. Not that players for big teams can't be good managers, of course they can, but they seem to fail as often as they succeed.

He could of course turn out to be brilliant, just as a high-scoring non-league player can turn out to be able to cut it in the Championship, but it seems a hell of a risk. Though of course your chairman is a good gambler :)

I don't mind seeing as you ask.

Thanks Gus for the flare thanks Oscar FOR MORE FLARE I SAY MORE MORE MORE.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I didn't want to interrupt in the other thread, but for those who don't mind conversing with a Palace fan can you explain the excitement? It genuinely seems a really risky appointment to me. Not that players for big teams can't be good managers, of course they can, but they seem to fail as often as they succeed.

He could of course turn out to be brilliant, just as a high-scoring non-league player can turn out to be able to cut it in the Championship, but it seems a hell of a risk. Though of course your chairman is a good gambler :)

I would rather ask you if you reckon you might be relegated by Christmas?

Oct 25, 2003
since creating my flair manifesto in 2005, I have been slowly implementing a flair propaganda scheme to infiltrate the club from top to bottom. The first step was to win over the fellow fans...this was achieved in around 2008. The next step was to take over the club. Through the media I slowly chipped away at them until they gave in- this was achieved upon Gus' appointment. The wave of flair icons that arrived at the club in the following years was way beyond what I imagined. Then coupled with some of the off field antics at the club has truly cemented our flair status. Now we have our second foreign manager in a row and I am in dream land. The vast majority of Albion fans are now fully behind my flair concept and the club is now the 2nd flairest club outside the EPL (after Blackburn) and the 3rd in the country (Newcastle are always number 1). Our fans refuse to accept anything other than flair. We live in the flairest city in the country, and we NEED a flair team to represent it. That is what the excitement is about.

VIVA LA TURIENZO'S LOVECHILD

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I can't help thinking that, though it hurt at the time, Palace did us a favour in beating us last month.

Banned
May 19, 2013
what a nightmare its going to be. All this hype about the premier league when really its a dog fight all season.

It is a dog fight but I've enjoyed our previous seasons, I dont see why this one will be any different. There are some great away days where you always ousting the wanky Premiership fans, you have a few games where you get a shock result, and you can kind of relax being the underdog. There are enough other teams in the mini league at the bottom to keep things interesting, and the £120m is an absolute lifeline to a club like ours.

Frankly I hope we make no big signings, give it a go and blood some more kids, come down with a decent warchest and make another push for promotion. If we're still in with a shout at Christmas maybe commit a bit of resource, but I've no problem coming straight back down as long as the club is in a stronger place than we were at the start of last year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not everyone's cup of tea, but we have as many Brighton as you have Palace. And as far as I can see we've never sent you an equivilent of TheMajor :D

What about the mouthpiece of CPFC2010 aka Seaside/Glenn-Murray ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here