Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the excitement for Oscar?

May 15, 2013
Think that's right upto a point, I already mentioned Wegner/Arsenal in another post and i think he used his knowledge of the French league to sign some great players at value but when Newcastle catch up with the idea that French domestic players are undervalued then the value has gone out of that market. Is there any value in the Spanish league or are they even more overpriced than and English equivalent? I don't like having to justify all my comments I genuinely think Bloom and Barber are running Brighton in a serious grown up so way which bodes well for your future and I'm generally interested in the thought of you all.
Before anyone else mentions it I'll give you Michu.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Think one of the major stumbling block that teams have is lack of consistency, I'm Palace supporter but i think Bloom runs Brighton really well and getting in a ready made replacement is the way to keep that consistency, always used to work well for Arsenal in terms of players. Look at how Blackburn and Wolves have struggled with no overriding plan and reacting in ad hoc fashion to problems.

Out of interest and this is not designed to bait, at what point do you think Barber and Bloom identified him. While Poyet was selling himself to Reading back in march or when they suspended Poyet?

I think we always have an up to date list of available managers and ones that will become available.

It was widely known that Oscar was going to leave Maccabi for personal reasons well before he resigned, so I would imagine that when Gus had talks with Reading we probably enquired about Oscar, if only to find out if he would be interested in coming here.

There was always a high probability that Gus would either leave or hang himself and Bloom was ready to put the wheels in motion at the drop of a hat because Oscar is far more experienced than Gus as a coach. Gus did well but I believe that we are stepping into a whole new era and missing out on the chance to get to the Prem may be a blessing in disguise because it allows for massive changes.

In Tony we Bloom.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nice touch.
Yesterday Oscar went to meet the U16's and 15's whilst they were training. He had a chat with the lads coach Jocuim. I don't think Gus ever met any of them.
Anyway, as a side, the best player in the club that can get his feet highest off the ground,by jumping from a standing position is KLL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here