Why the excitement for Oscar?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Are you the big spenders of your league? Did your style of play change under Oscar? Does he get the team keeping the ball and playing on the ground and did you attack at pace or mix it up with slow build ups or a combination of both?

Your English is absolutely fine by the way

Yes we are the big spenders but actually oscar reduce our budget, much more smart signs.
our style of play did change, we played a normal 4-4-2 all of the years and oscar made big change, in the beginnings it not went so great, but after he learned the league and the players learned is style, the team played fluid and excellent.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Exactly, of course messi is not in our squad but there is many things that similar.
high pressure in the opponent side of the field, a lot of ball capturing in the attack.
when the ball in our legs the team plays with patience and passing the ball in midfield often, until we have a chance of getting in, like barca.

the formation 4-3-3
one defender more defensive, second defender more offensive. the 3 in midfield are like barca, defensive mid, 50-50 and more attacking one.
the one thing that different from barca is the striker, in our case is strong classic 9 striker and not wing player that always enter the striker position from the sides.
wing players helping a lot in defense as well.

Thanks for posting all this Maccabi :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yep, but the pertinent question would be can his team turn a losing scoreline around?

From the Maccabi goals vid posted on here somewhere, it looked like the attacking midfielder plays a bit closer to the main striker whilst the opposite winger drifts into the box to support as well.

Hard to tell if thats always the case but it looked like it to me from the goals vid (not that you can tell much from that)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes we are the big spenders but actually oscar reduce our budget, much more smart signs.
our style of play did change, we played a normal 4-4-2 all of the years and oscar made big change, in the beginnings it not went so great, but after he learned the league and the players learned is style, the team played fluid and excellent.

Sounds good, thanks

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Yep, but the pertinent question would be can his team turn a losing scoreline around?

Funny that you asked this, in the last 10 years maccabi main problems was the crushing after losing in scoreline, in oscar time we did amazing 3 turnarounds in scorlines, i have to attach you the most exciting turn in this season for maccabi and maybe of all times, you can see even oscar emotions for the first time in maccabi after the goals.
see here from 3:40, we are in navy

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Funny that you asked this, in the last 10 years maccabi main problems was the crushing after losing in scoreline, in oscar time we did amazing 3 turnarounds in scorlines, i have to attach you the most exciting turn in this season for maccabi and maybe of all times, you can see even oscar emotions for the first time in maccabi after the goals.

Great video. What a strike to win it.

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
I'm gonna be following Maccabi this year now.

You also got one more fan of Brighton, seems like well spirit fans, of course to keep eyes on Oscar progress, and i hope he will get you to the greatest league in the world, the premier league.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m Oscar Garcia appointment confirmed by the club, as head coach rather than manager. He starts work tomorrow

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Great thing this Internet business aye. Thanks for the info, who is replacing Oscar?

Poulo Sousa replacing Oscar.
I can not follow other threads in here but if you write any other question about oscar please send me PM, i will see it on my email and come to answer, i know what is the felling of new coach that you don't know much about him.

good luck you guys!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Exactly, of course messi is not in our squad but there is many things that similar.
high pressure in the opponent side of the field, a lot of ball capturing in the attack.
when the ball in our legs the team plays with patience and passing the ball in midfield often, until we have a chance of getting in, like barca.

the formation 4-3-3
one defender more defensive, second defender more offensive. the 3 in midfield are like barca, defensive mid, 50-50 and more attacking one.
the one thing that different from barca is the striker, in our case is strong classic 9 striker and not wing player that always enter the striker position from the sides.
wing players helping a lot in defense as well.

I like this alot, love high pressing while the formation sounds like what we have here already.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was widely regarded as Barca's very best coach and that's saying something. He won first title in 10 years for the Israely club (first season there instant turn around from like 7th to 1st).

Similar styles, good contacts, and yes less experienced number 1s are a risk but plenty of the experienced managers seem to have a whole history of doing crap yet still get jobs. Don't actually know that experience makes a big deal of difference in the % of 'successful' managers these days?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Great video and what a comeback! We need some of that next season at the Amex! Cheers!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
@Maccabi I completely forgot that Earnshaw had played for you. There was a very famous radio broadcast from him on the BBC where he describes doing some training and then the attack alarms going off, hiding, then back to training on the all clear. It was that interview that indicated that Maccabi were going places under Oscar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports