Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the fastest ever Brighton player?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
James Wilson?

Wilson - rated at 80 for pace on FIFA 16 - was challenged by YouTube channel F2Freestylers to test his sprinting prowess over the relatively short distance of 40 metres.

Players are frequently tried over the distance to check their speed and the 19-year-old did not disappoint.

He clocked an impressive five seconds… but where does that leave him compared to Arsenal's speed demons?

Gunners legend Thierry Henry had a long-standing record of 4.82 seconds until Theo Walcott smashed it with a time of 4.42 seconds.

But it is right-back Hector Bellerin who holds the title of Arsenal's fastest player with a 40-metre record of 4.41 seconds leaving Wilson trailing in his path.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-ace-speed-test-beat-Arsenal-s-sprint-stars

In about 2004 I remember watching the players warm down, and Gary Hart was the quickest running from one end of the pitch to the other. But that was when the team lacked pace all over!
could teach the modern lot how to win playoffs!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty sure Storer won (or came second) in a national competition over 100 metres, about a year before he joined us. I think he nailed 100 metres in sub 11 seconds.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Derek Neate - played around the 1950's as an amateur, was due to go to the Olympics and broke his leg.

Died a couple of years ago I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Acceleration (10 yards) or sprint speed (35 yards)

Current: Elvis Manu (probably) ???

Elvis?? Was that 'tongue in cheek'?

The pace is a myth, he couldn't even outrun a donkey Crawley CB.

I honestly doubt whether he is even in the 10 most quickest in the current squad.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Dave Armstrong, think he was Olympic standard, could not cross for toffee and often use to end up over the wall in the north stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Actually yeah, for a big man Mike Small was pretty rapid. Difficult to knock off the ball once he't got up a head of steam too.

Not so sure he would be as pacey as a short or lightweight winger over a short sprint though.

Sprinters are usually the big and heavy men. Agree that we don't know though. It would be good to see a virtual race between all players past and present.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Mark Flatts
Kirt Nogan
Rafael Mead
Mark Gall
Muzzy Carayol

All pretty rapid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here