Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would be in your all-time BHA 4*100m relay team?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Peter Smith

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall also that one of the TV companies organised a competition years ago to find the fastest footballer, running 100m in football boots. Think it was won by a Swansea player they called the Flying Postman, but I'm pretty sure also that Stuart Storer, in his Bolton days, was up there. Funny, as I don't particularly remember him being outstandingly fast when he played for us.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've given this serious thought, so....

1. Nooney 2. Tony Towner 3. Steve Penney, & 4. Lua Lua.

Yes I know they're all wingers, but there is where the need is speed. Oh btw, what's with all the Lua Lua bashing lately? He's done nothing wrong; he put a couple on the plate against Blackpool & if they were converted he'd have hero status as usual. Fastest player I have ever seen in the stripes.

Oh, & another btw. Buckley is very quick too.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Stuart Storer.
Didn't he win a football league sprinting contest, or something?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gerry Fell could motor down the wing at a fair old lick.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I seem to recall also that one of the TV companies organised a competition years ago to find the fastest footballer, running 100m in football boots. Think it was won by a Swansea player they called the Flying Postman, but I'm pretty sure also that Stuart Storer, in his Bolton days, was up there. Funny, as I don't particularly remember him being outstandingly fast when he played for us.

John Williams was the flying postman. Mark Gall represented the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here