Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I wouldn't want us to sign either player. Ambrose because he's been a scummer for so long - i don't think we should sign players from them. A player can be either one of us or one of them, but never both. Plus he's not even that good - Bennett is a much better player.

And Woodgate would be a terrible signing. Complete waste of wages plus he'd arrive with his billy big time attitude which would unsettle the squad. Actually the Woodgate story is silly, it doesn't fit at all with Gus' previous transfer business. He's signing hungry players who are quick and ultra hard working. That's not Woodgate is it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And Woodgate would be a terrible signing. Complete waste of wages plus he'd arrive with his billy big time attitude which would unsettle the squad. Actually the Woodgate story is silly, it doesn't fit at all with Gus' previous transfer business. He's signing hungry players who are quick and ultra hard working. That's not Woodgate is it.

Not sure about your assassination of Woodgate there. The bloke has been a walking injury for his whole career. Apart from the one blot on his copybook at Leeds when he was young, I've never heard any complaints about his attitude. He's in the last chance saloon in terms of his football, if he gets another injury he'll probably never play again, perhaps he just wants to play the game. Money can't be an issue with some of the contracts he's had, the bloke is a multi millionaire.

Time will tell what he's about if he comes here. Injuries are my only concern with him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
what have palarse actually ever won? any league titles? play offs? have they ever won anything?

chucky1973 don't be a :dunce:

the mighty all conquering CPFC won the illustrious, globally recognised.........

Zenith Data systems cup in 1991 seen below

AAAAAmudYxgAAAAAAVH6sQ.jpg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn't want us to sign either player. Ambrose because he's been a scummer for so long - i don't think we should sign players from them. A player can be either one of us or one of them, but never both. Plus he's not even that good - Bennett is a much better player.

Ok point one about not signing Palace players thats just bloody stupid, Jock Stein exploited a similar stupid attitude in Scottish football many years ago by buying Protestant players because he knew Rangers wouldn't buy Catholics, so we're let Palace buy our best and we wont touch theirs!
Secondly i have a feeling i know Woodgate as well as u, that being not at all. So to say he would come down here with his "billy big time" attitude is just toss.
Thirdly most of the threads have been talking about pay as you play. I think he's quality and has been one of the most unfortunate players in years reg injuries, if we got him down here on pay as you play and we looked after him i think it could be a master stroke his reading of the game is exceptional. He just happens to be made of glass.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
the only way BHA would ever truly catch up to CPFC is to stay in the top 2 tiers for the next 30 years.

What complete bellend you are,can,t wait till 2010 palarse show their real hand:clap:

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I know it must be difficult to swallow but we're the bigger club now,

Dream on. Ask most neutral's and they would tell you that Palace are still a much bigger club. Player wise, you have CMS, we have Murray. CMS scored 5 more league goals than Murray last year but a few of them where pens. Murray's where all from open play i believe? The difference is you have paid £3 million and we have paid a transfer fee of ZERO. And look at the two squads. We have Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha and Speroni, quality players at this level. You have to spend big just to catch up.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Thought of a song for their superstar, Kajagoogoo Diddycoy:

He's too shite shite, hush hush Diddycoy
He's too shite shite, hush hush Diddycoy.

I'll get me coat.

I bet you have never even seen him play. He would have Bridcutt and Dicker for breakfast.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dream on. Ask most neutral's and they would tell you that Palace are still a much bigger club. Player wise, you have CMS, we have Murray. CMS scored 5 more league goals than Murray last year but a few of them where pens. Murray's where all from open play i believe? The difference is you have paid £3 million and we have paid a transfer fee of ZERO. And look at the two squads. We have Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha and Speroni, quality players at this level. You have to spend big just to catch up.

Indeed.....but we are catching up.....and quickly too, I think.

It is so much more exhiliarating 'chasing' (and of course rapidly closing the gap), than it is being 'chased',.....knowing full well that you are doomed to be 'out-run' very, very shortly.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Have you not read any of the previous posts you dullard? Hoskins replaced Murray for £500k, CMS was in addition. Still, with your mighty 9000 ST holders compared to our 18000+ I can see why you think Palace are still a bigger club, its you that needs to dream on. According to someone i know at the club we could have easily surpassed 20,000 ST sales if we had the capacity, numbers you Nigels can only dream of. Jog on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bet you have never even seen him play. He would have Bridcutt and Dicker for breakfast.

Have you ever seen Bridcutt play? And Dicker? I doubt it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

still stuck in the past then?? wake up and smell the coffee .. how much has your team spent, how many season ticket holders has your team sold , you got to sell players to buy lol, your team are looking to loan players , and your the bigger club :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports