Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
still stuck in the past then?? wake up and smell the coffee .. how much has your team spent, how many season ticket holders has your team sold , you got to sell players to buy lol, your team are looking to loan players , and your the bigger club :lol:

So why did we sign a Premiership player on Monday for 600k?
And why has Freedman come out in the last 2 days and said no more first team player's will be leaving unless we get a huge offer?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
So why did we sign a Premiership player on Monday for 600k?
And why has Freedman come out in the last 2 days and said no more first team player's will be leaving unless we get a huge offer?

Just preparing you lot for the 'huge' offer that has been made by us for Ambrose... simple init. Otherwise he would have said nothing....

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We already know Freedman is a compulsive liar and he is hardly going come out and invite everyone to fill their boots, for what its worth i doubt Ambrose would go to Brighton, there are very few players that desperate to cross the divide.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know it must be difficult to swallow but we're the bigger club now, and that won't change anytime soon I'm afraid. Why not just accept gracefully that our time has come?
Dream on. Ask most neutral's and they would tell you that Palace are still a much bigger club.
It depends how knowledgeable the neutrals are - most won't know a lot yet and will assume Palace are bigger. I expect perception will change after a couple of season where our gates are larger than Palace's, although league position will also affect how quickly perceptions change.
the only way BHA would ever truly catch up to CPFC is to stay in the top 2 tiers for the next 30 years.
Palace staying in the top 2 divs for the last 30 years is a great record. But that doesn't mean you're a bigger club than those that haven't been there. Or do you think you're bigger than Man City? I can think of more than a dozen clubs much bigger than Palace that have dropped below the top 2 divisions in the last 30 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Player wise, you have CMS, we have Murray. CMS scored 5 more league goals than Murray last year but a few of them where pens. Murray's where all from open play i believe? .

1. Murray took some penalties, so no, not all from open play.

2. CMS was not Posh's penalty taker. McCann was.

Apart from that, carry on.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
1. Murray took some penalties, so no, not all from open play.

2. CMS was not Posh's penalty taker. McCann was.

Apart from that, carry on.

Murray's were all from open play.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm willing to bet £100 that CMS will score more than Murray next year.

Your £100 will go to REMF, my £100 to whatever local Croydon based charity you have, single mothers or something? Put your money on the table?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
BBC SPORT | Football | League One | Top Scorers

He didn't get 30, see above.

So he scored 5 goals more than Murray in a team that scored the most in the league with there all out attacking play. You paid £3 mill in transfer fees, we paid £0. Game, set, match.

Anyone who is seriously suggesting that Murray is a better player than McKail-Smith is talking shit.

Murray will do OK for you lot next year, if you give him time and don't get on his back when he starts getting moody after a few games. But if you'd have asked any Brighton fan in the middle of last season who they would have preferred up front, Murray or Mckail-Smith, there would only have been one answer.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I'm willing to bet £100 that CMS will score more than Murray next year.

Your £100 will go to REMF, my £100 to whatever local Croydon based charity you have, single mothers or something? Put your money on the table?

I'm not saying that, i'm saying given the money spent, we have got the better deal!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
He also scored 3 in the play offs (which takes him up to 30) and 5 in the cups.

I'm comparing them over 46 league games, hardly miles apart are they? I think Murray played less league games aswell.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not saying that, i'm saying given the money spent, we have got the better deal!

Well you must be paying him silly wages or he would have stayed with us so I wouldn't bet on that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're not in a position to say that.

So you paid nothing (to Brighton anyway) for him, and what does it get you?
We paid £2.5m for CMS, and what value then if he helps us get to the play-offs, or better?

Face it, Murray alone is not going to help you climb that high, is he?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
You're not in a position to say that.

So you paid nothing (to Brighton anyway) for him, and what does it get you?
We paid £2.5m for CMS, and what value then if he helps us get to the play-offs, or better?

Face it, Murray alone is not going to help you climb that high, is he?

Where hardly a one man team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here