Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not saying that, i'm saying given the money spent, we have got the better deal!

So you're not taking the bet then?

There is no way you have got the better deal. And comparing them in that way is bollocks. Say your transfer budget is £1m and ours is £20m. Comparatively if we get promoted spending £2.5million is lose change in Tony Bloom's cod piece.

Just face it you're now at a level where you only buy out of contract players as your star signing.

We've gone out and splashed £2.5m on one of the best prospects out there and beaten two of the best clubs in the division to get him.

How you can claim Murray is the best deal I have no idea!!

And also CMS is clearly a top bloke. Murray never warmed himself fully to Brighton fans. Yep he did a job last season, but his attitude for most of the time with us was questionable. He drifted in and out of favour a lot, and frankly I will be amazed if he is a success at Palace in the Championship.

I suspect he has been bought to help you back up when you get relegated next season.

SkankieBiscuit

Nov 2, 2009
I'm comparing them over 46 league games, hardly miles apart are they? I think Murray played less league games aswell.

What you are totally forgetting is that Murray had a decent team setting him up, he took pens and missed. Now he's gone to a shite team I would be very surprised if he was to get into double figures!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So why did we sign a Premiership player on Monday for 600k?
And why has Freedman come out in the last 2 days and said no more first team player's will be leaving unless we get a huge offer?

And you are STILL going on about signing a player no-one has ever heard of that no other club was interested in for a fee no-one knows because it was undisclosed and who couldn't cut it in the premier league. Just because you slipped the word Premiership into your post it doesn't make it any more impressive, after all he isn't good enough for the Premiership but is good enough for you which says it all. You are just embarrassing yourself now :blush: You are slipping though, you forgot to mention for the 26th time the fact that he is an international for that footballing powerhouse South Africa. :clap2: Not one person in this whole division is remotely impressed with you lot signing him, it has about as much impact as Rochdale signing a new youth player. I can't wait to see Palace's next massive signing. Keep on posting though but try and vary it a bit eh as blowing you out of the water is just too easy right now. See if you can post a reply that a.) Doesn't mention your unremarkable signing. b.) Doesn't attempt to make pointless comparisons between Murray & Mackail Smith somehow claiming that Murray must be worth £3million because thats what we paid for CMS

I'm here all day, keep it coming.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
What you are totally forgetting is that Murray had a decent team setting him up, he took pens and missed. Now he's gone to a shite team I would be very surprised if he was to get into double figures!

With Ambrose, Zaha and KG setting him up, I think he'll do just fine. We lacked a player like him last year, he's the piece in the jigsaw that we've been crying our for.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
BBC SPORT | Football | League One | Top Scorers

He didn't get 30, see above.

So he scored 5 goals more than Murray in a team that scored the most in the league with there all out attacking play. You paid £3 mill in transfer fees, we paid £0. Game, set, match.

wait up dildo, Murray got 22 in all comps (Brighton got to 5th round of FA cup) CMS got 34 in all comps.

unsuprising you try and just compare the league figures as Murray, whilst playing in cup matches, scored f**k all in those cup games against championship opposition

1) you have a second rate moody league 1 striker, we have the best there is.

2) You have 50% less STH we have DOUBLE your pathetic poster pleading number.

3) You have a ramshackle dump and some wishful pipe dreams, we have a brand new modern 21st century stadium.

4) You are trying to sign top desirable players like Earnshaw and failing miserably, we are trying to sign top desirable players and have succeeded.

5) You are buying cast offs, freebies, waifs and strays to add to a proven team of relegation strugglers. We are spending money on quality additions to a team of champions.

Sorry who is the bigger and better club as of today? or are you still desperately trying to compare our Director imposed fall from grace whilst you lived a champagne life way above your natural station on others money.

Fact is Nigel, today.... without lurching off local businesses and without us being destroyed by unscrupulous directors, a natural and undistorted level has emerged.

And we are a damn site bigger and better than your tin pot joke club.............

yesterday-man.gif
:tosser:

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
And you are STILL going on about signing a player no-one has ever heard of that no other club was interested in for a fee no-one knows because it was undisclosed and who couldn't cut it in the premier league. Just because you slipped the word Premiership into your post it doesn't make it any more impressive, after all he isn't good enough for the Premiership but is good enough for you which says it all. You are just embarrassing yourself now :blush: You are slipping though, you forgot to mention for the 26th time the fact that he is an international for that footballing powerhouse South Africa. :clap2: Not one person in this whole division is remotely impressed with you lot signing him, it has about as much impact as Rochdale signing a new youth player. I can't wait to see Palace's next massive signing. Keep on posting though but try and vary it a bit eh as blowing you out of the water is just too easy right now. See if you can post a reply that a.) Doesn't mention your unremarkable signing. b.) Doesn't attempt to make pointless comparisons between Murray & Mackail Smith somehow claiming that Murray must be worth £3million because thats what we paid for CMS

I'm here all day, keep it coming.

Mug. You said we were only in for free's when in reality that's b*llshit. That is all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With Ambrose, Zaha and KG setting him up, I think he'll do just fine. We lacked a player like him last year, he's the piece in the jigsaw that we've been crying our for.

Piece in the jigsaw? You haven't got a f**king jigsaw. Did you go to games last season? You were absolute gash, and your 'big signing' is someone we wouldn't fork out for as we knew something better was around the corner. If you think Murray is a better bet for the Championship than CMS you're in a minority of one (aside from some of those Arthur Waite Massive goons).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mug. You said we were only in for free's when in reality that's b*llshit. That is all.

So where do you think you are going finish next season? that'll give us all a good laugh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have waited a long time for this coming season, for the 1st time in 30 odd years, EVERYTHING is in the Albion's favour to turn Palace over twice. Will it happen? Who knows but we are definitely in a better place than them in all ways. Except the fact that they've been above us for 30 odd years, fair do's that was then this is now. It's gonna be GREAAAAAT.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
This is sooooo stupid.Its got so petty.

Slagging off Murray for joining Palace is fine by me but we cant now say "oh he is shit, he wasnt that good" because he was. He was tremendous last year and even the 2 years before his record in what was a shit team was very impressive. We were all singing sign him up at the end of last year and that was because he is a good player.

And Palace fans can shut up aswell. I am aware of how good Murray is but with Mackail-Smith brings completely different dimensions. When the chips are down Murray doesnt work, doesnt look interested and seems to be miles away. CMS is a goalscorer and an absolute work horse who will get nothing but appreciation from us fans.

I dont give a f*** who Palace are buying because it does not matter. What matters is us and where we are going, and at the moment its looking very good for us.

And dont get me wrong i will still give Murray a big old boo when and if he turns up on September 27th because he is a judas.

Murray is not or was not a judas. He is looking after himself by getting the best possible deal. I will not boo him when he plays against us. He was and still is a good player. If Poyet or Bloom wanted to keep him his demands would have been met.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
From what I can see there has not even been one media interview with Glenn Murray, no press conference called to announce his signing and I cant find any official pictures of him in a palace shirt (except a generic one captured during a training session). When you check palace player they have interviews with other signings.. Strange!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
From what I can see there has not even been one media interview with Glenn Murray, no press conference called to announce his signing and I cant find any official pictures of him in a palace shirt (except a generic one captured during a training session). When you check palace player they have interviews with other signings.. Strange!

I think perhaps it is because Murray does not want to rub our noses in it. He has gone there for financial reasons, pure and simple so keeping a low profile means he does not wind Brighton fans up. He does not like much publicity anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Has he actually put pen to paper? Would I laugh if he now pulls out!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Piece in the jigsaw? You haven't got a f**king jigsaw. Did you go to games last season? You were absolute gash, and your 'big signing' is someone we wouldn't fork out for as we knew something better was around the corner. If you think Murray is a better bet for the Championship than CMS you're in a minority of one (aside from some of those Arthur Waite Massive goons).

So you think your squad in better than our's at present?

I never said Murray is better than CMS, i said for the money spent we have better value.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Has he actually put pen to paper? Would I laugh if he now pulls out!

There's photo's of him training with us on this very site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here