Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's one thing you really hate about Christmas

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
sheer unoriginality of the gaudy traditions, same shitty songs as every year over and over, same films, same form every year. I make my Christmas traditional so non eof that crap unless I turn the telly on, or the computer or the radio or goo outside or speak to anyone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hate the supermarkets being rammed with the greediest fattest people buying 8 loaves of bread 10 pints of milk etc etc when the shops are only closed for ONE SODDING DAY !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I also cannot ****ing stand the food Nazis, everyone thinks they have the perfect recipe, prep technique for whatever meal they are boring me with. Same type of wankers who think only they can cook a steak, select a pork pie, cheese etc. Boring nonsense

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The fact that November isn't over yet and we are already forced into thinking about it. I enjoy the three days of Eve, Day and Day but given their every growing monumental build up, ultimately they can do nothing but underwhelm. I will be sticking my head in the sand about it unitl the very last possible moment. (aside from answering this thread of course, which i am doing in a gerneral way rather than a chrismassy way).

The other thing that annoys me is that my 'head in the sand' technique of dealing with it often means I get called a Grinch or a scrooge. (I already have this year and it is not even December).

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
You go to all the trouble of leaving Rudolph and his pals a nice carrot by the fireplace and they ALWAYS leave the bloody end bit. Ungrateful b@st@rds.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't enjoy it anymore at all. Being a single bloke nobody wants to come to my place as married couples don't think single people can do domestic so I end up going to someone else's and I hate being a guest in someone's house so it's all a bit crap really.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Secret Santa
Having Xmas decorations in the office
Calling it Xmas instead of Christmas
Those electric candles that form a point and sit on window sills
Skinny girls who put on half a pound and then start the post Christmas diet on Monday

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
sheer unoriginality of the gaudy traditions, same shitty songs as every year over and over, same films, same form every year. I make my Christmas traditional so non eof that crap unless I turn the telly on, or the computer or the radio or goo outside or speak to anyone.

I agree most with this than any other comment so far. Just as I was about to moan at people whinging about the festive season, I've got to admit that there's only so many times I can hear the same old tired, cliched songs coming out over the radios and shop speakers. I'm a traditionalist at heart, but still, some of these songs and endless TV repeats grate after a while.

Even so, surely on the basis of this thread, it seems Christmas is more of a depressing time than any other part of the year, which has got me thinking, is it really now just a thing enjoyed by kids? Us adults I think could take it or leave it to be honest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The worst thing about Christmas is adults giving other adults presents, and the worst thing about that is having to wrap the stuff.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I don't enjoy it anymore at all. Being a single bloke nobody wants to come to my place as married couples don't think single people can do domestic so I end up going to someone else's and I hate being a guest in someone's house so it's all a bit crap really.
Hey Nibble...we agree,I'm single too,my wife having passed away 12 years ago....I hate the Xmas holiday....bah! humbug,the only good thing is my love of Boxing Day football....Charlton here we come.
So Nibble we could have a drink together and maybe discuss....er....politics...:O:drink::drink:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think what annoys be most is it's near the beginning of winter, and the rest of winter really drags. It would be ace if they moved it to 25th February.

29th feb would be even better ;)

I tell everyone not to bother sending me crimbo cards because I can't be arsed to send em 1 back but they never listen.

I enjoy the day seeing the kids enjoying themselves but apart from that I'm very meh about it all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate the supermarkets being rammed with the greediest fattest people buying 8 loaves of bread 10 pints of milk etc etc when the shops are only closed for ONE SODDING DAY !

And why are there stacks and stacks of roasting trays? What do people do for the rest of the year?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The worst thing about Christmas is adults giving other adults presents, and the worst thing about that is having to wrap the stuff.

Wrapping presents is a bit pointless given it gets ripped off again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Alastair Sim, Albert Finney and George C Scott have all done a sterling job but the winner of the best ever Scrooge is.............. DRUM ROLL........

NIBBLE.....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ok ok crackers are shit and so is Warninks Advocaat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here