Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's one thing you really hate about Christmas

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hey Nibble...we agree,I'm single too,my wife having passed away 12 years ago....I hate the Xmas holiday....bah! humbug,the only good thing is my love of Boxing Day football....Charlton here we come.
So Nibble we could have a drink together and maybe discuss....er....politics...:O:drink::drink:

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure we would get along just fine in "the real world" and I would gladly have a pint with you however I am flying to Belfast boxing day, another time indeed. Enjoy the boxing day game though!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stressed people driving long unfamiliar distances badly, getting in my way, slowing me down and endangering my life.

Decorations at work.

Humbug.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Don't be coy, say what you really mean..

F u c k i n g T w at is what I meant is that ok just in case you or uncle c u n t didn't get it. Sorry but I lost someone close to me and him moaning about a proxy cracker prize is meaningless

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Moving to Japan allowed me to get a bit of "Christmas perspective" on a few aspects of the whole thing that, if you sit and think about them, are quite staggering.

The main thing is kids and how we spoil them. Over here most Japanese kids get ONE present from "Santa-san" in the morning. That's it. Outside of the one present for the kids you will also find young couples and maybe newly weds giving each other a single present. Nothing more.

When I was at my sister's last Chrimbo oh my god. My nephew's a lovely lad but the amount of presents he got was staggering. First of all, British kids aren't just expecting a present from Santa in the morning, no, they're waiting on a whole sackful. Then, the relatives come round. He get's a present each from every Uncle, Auntie, Grandparent, in-law and basically anyone who has a reason to visit us on Christmas Day. Off the top of my head he must have got at least THIRTY presents and we don't even have that big a family.

It's quite funny how over here the economy-nazis shove Christmas in our face with the lights and the music just like they do back home. The Halloween decorations come down on Nov 1st and the Chrimbo lights go straight up in their place. The locals enjoy the lights and the music but at the end of the day they aren't having any of it and I kind of respect them for that. I'm sure the Japanese economists are positively SEETHING with jealousy at the way Christmas encourages the ridiulously large amounts of excess spending that it does back in the west.

It's quite an astounding state of affairs that nobody seems to question for risk of being labeled a "Scrooge".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see this thread has brought out everyone's Christmassy side. How wonderful!

I am up to being called scrooge three times now!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
F u c k i n g T w at is what I meant is that ok just in case you or uncle c u n t didn't get it. Sorry but I lost someone close to me and him moaning about a proxy cracker prize is meaningless

There can be very few people who haven't loss someone close to them.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
fragrance adverts, every year they come up shitter ways to try and sell you a smell. The worst one is the bleu de chanel "i'm not going to be the person i'm expected to be" advert :rant:

this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here